Turbo Vs Vtec

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Can't someone lock this moronic thread? Why start stupid red necked arguments about what is better turbo or vtec or bigger displacement blah blah blah blah.

Some people need to grow up a bit and realize that everyone is entitled to drive, own and have their own opinions, don't make threads just to "share" how much better you think turbo is better or how much vtec is better. :stupid:

Geez.

Bump: Can't someone lock this moronic thread? Why start stupid red necked arguments about what is better turbo or vtec or bigger displacement blah blah blah blah.

Some people need to grow up a bit and realize that everyone is entitled to drive, own and have their own opinions, don't make threads just to "share" how much better you think turbo is better or how much vtec is better. :stupid:

Geez.
agreed....diff ppl diff opinion, cant get everyone to agree with any single preference...as long as u r happy then go for it.....vtec or turbo, both are successful project done by the japs...still has and will continue to have strong supporters....lets not argue...cheerz

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Quick someone get a moderator to close, lock and destroy this 14 thread page colossal waste of time!

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
lol, sure beb! turbine was invented to make an ENGINE TO RUN MORE EFFICIENTLY, search dat up before u try to be smart. NA VE is usually below the half mark, but a charged engine VE can be more den 100%. if u dont what dat means, pm me for more info

within the same time line, a B-series have to be modified to achieve dat power figure. keyword : MODIFIED, whats the point in arguing about it then? dat VR4 is std stock, u wanna requote for a modified VR4 pulak tak? from what u posted, i see u havent been riding in a powerful VR4/evo hybrid. u'll be begging for life on boost, literally

ive had enuff of modified engines argument, i like to hear if std compared to std. FD2R is the highest line within the civic family, but the evo from similar time will outrun it wether in track on in drag, dat is what i believe anyway
Aiya.... whatever lah.... u r d champion lah.... dun argue ok ... I LOSS, I LOSS....:adore:

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
vtec & Turbo...
different category.....
vtec... some of them can smoke turbo..
some turbo also can win over vtec..
:sleep:
thats the fact..u got the point dude..:proud:

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
hahahahaha..what different categories?we put both on 'OPEN CATEGORY'...GIVE UR BEST!!!...HAHAHA...wonder what happen if xtremeleo drag with SAO 6418..just in case they play drag..

all this while,i never put both tech on different platform..they were both engine put on the chassis..they run on the street..they maybe irritating each other..so,for car guide,the would like to see and diffrentiate both technology..just test the vtec and turbo on the track..and be pro la bros..for sure a vtec not against the kancil turbo..put an appropriate candidate la..its not about who win..but to understand why they win..why some lost..

to any party that asking to end this thread,if u dont want to participate,..just ignore us..it might help..dont post in this thread..keep others that still has interest in this topic..

many,to pro vtec always chickening turbo and vice versa..why dont just share the experience here..if keep arguing then no end here loh..but thats not my point..

to thread starter,i think u had enough idea on the thread u started..u know wht best for you..its ur needs...

zero2hundred

1,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
earth
no need to compare one
let the argument continues in the street or track or etc :biggrin:
best la statement nih,agree!! from sharing to arguing......sigh....i cant see any point or solution that has made out...why not take a pencil and a note to write down vtec or turbo win more when any drag races held on da track or watsover, more numbers thats the winner ....easy!! :proud: otherwise da topic will never end until the day we start to mods our jetplane xD ..

Last edited:

darkemperor

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
well, both N/A and turbo are in different category technically....the question is why not Honda it self
put a force induction system into the civic to be on par with the EVO or Scooby????
It is just because they wanted to it to be N/A.....
Even the Evo it self adopt the Mivec and match it wit turbo to make better power in all range...
so instead of arguing which is superior.. better all of us learn the tech from both world therefore we will appreciate what they have....

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
well, both N/A and turbo are in different category technically....the question is why not Honda it self
put a force induction system into the civic to be on par with the EVO or Scooby????
It is just because they wanted to it to be N/A.....
Even the Evo it self adopt the Mivec and match it wit turbo to make better power in all range...
so instead of arguing which is superior.. better all of us learn the tech from both world therefore we will appreciate what they have....
u were right dude..evo X is lazats..and,why honda didnt put turbo charge on its vtec?i think there should be reasonable answer...why ah?because they want it just N/A?em...then good la vtec..can pranggg the turbo(only on bad hair days turbo)..ahaks..

but,indeed..please read the first thread..its not mivec (terbalik) turbo is about..mostly is GSR engine..4G6x..or 4g9x..and the vtec..

the technology still mivec turbo win (need the best tuner here)..while on most tracks,both vtec and turbo have chances to end first at the glance of red line..still,depend on the crazy tuner...

so,my little nerve here says,..vtec is the best...if i'm not mistaken,the M adapt the cam lift from the H...hehehehehe

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
i didn't understand a word that was written in that last post... are you trying to say that mivec turbos are better than honda NA engines?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
put me in a race? lol

deacon, i tot dis thread is just a waste of ur time.. and yet, i still see ur post. y aa..?

the thing is, i agree dat wit everything dat u say, and i wudnt create such a topic, but if sumone had alredi start a discussion on it, whattheheck rite.. i dont have anything much better to do anyway, mite as well give sum of my opinions out. its like, if u give out ur opinion, everybody has to listen, and nuthing else matters. if its like dat, okie ler den.. i'll let myself outta dis so-called "moronic" discussion. i need a break anyway, see ya:sleep:

ps : what did i win sao? nuthing rite? lol

Last edited:

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Reading a the pages before, there were already strong points there which would end the topic discussion. But IMO, just keep the thread alive with all the opinions. Atleast I could come back for some laughs when reading it. It keeps on getting funny when some of the info's are misleading.

And i do agree to keep the modified engine topics outta this. C'mon, 200hp b-series EG? There's no such stock standard for this at all. Put all that amount of money to get the b-series to 200hp and put the same amount of money onto a turbocharged engine and see how much it can produce. Then the discussion becomes even endless ahhaha....

I don't think Gran Motoring Show's should put honda's except the NSX in the turbo categories to be evaluated for track times. That's why the NA VTEC vs. TURBO discussion remains from the day it started.

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I am just surprised as hell that the mods on this forum allow threads like this to recreated again and again. The debate between variable valve timing engines vs turbo engines has been a long one. From people looking to purchase a mivec motor instead of a gsr motor to whether or not NA really is cheaper vs turbos, bla bla bla bla.

This thread has already rubbed some people the wrong way so why continue. I just hope no one takes up any grudge matches and starts something that could end terribly. What do we stand to gain to reading people type "I vote vtec" or "I vote turbo"? Are we electing an engine configuration for president?

And by the way getting a B series to produce 200hp isn't hard, just buy a B18CR engine, it's around 198bhp not far from 200.

I'm posting mostly 'cos i am bored at work and i thought i'd be a bitch and read the posts after mine.

Last edited:

khencana

Known Member
Jul 31, 2008
Penang
Yup! Ur right...change Ur turbo bro...if got extra money get a ball bearing turbo...:top:

plus NA is all bout' Aceleration, that why they said NA "kaki kena berat" coz U will put the pedal to the metal...turbo not like that...that why turbo is in the force induction categories, no need to pedal to the metal, "kaki kena ringan ar" coz' the power is there, unless turbo lag...that why turbo rev limit are short compare to NA, sori no offence, what U feel clanzkiller is not a total G-Force, it a high octane of heart pumping coz' hearing the vtec roar & seeing the RPM climbing fast...trust me...if U got money mod ur cars a bit more or try to test drive a really2 powerful turbo cars...ur will locked to the bucket...he...he...
i very very agree with the bold and underlined statement. juz sold my EK b18gsr with a lil bit mods1 month ago, after juz 6 month i owned it. rasa x puas dlm erti kata yg digembargemburkan (no offence). vtec mmg power, jika dibandingkan dgn NA yg lain.x di nafikan, mmg power. tp dgn tubo, babai....

now im searching 4 another car. duit cash dah ada, tp konfius nk pakai turbo atau vtec. rasa mcm nk rasa vtec balik. x sepower turbo, tp 'meriangkan'... hehheehhe... :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger: (sory 4 my broken english)

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
For the sake of comparing engine performance... these stats on paper say it all...
Don't argue about fuel economy, which one goes round a track faster etc coz then its not engine vs engine... it would be car type vs car type...

K20A (from Civic Type R)Displacement: 2.0L
220 HP
152 lb/ft of torque

F22C(from Honda S2000)
Displacement: 2.2L
est 240hp
162 lb/ft of torque

4G63T (newer Evo's without MIVEC)
Displacement: 2.0Lcc
around 276 HP
284 lb/ft of torque

4G63T (Evo 1,2,3)
Displacement: 2.0L
around 244 hp
228 lb/ft of torque

13B - MSP from Mazda RX8
Displacement: 1.3L
around 230 hp
163 lb/ft of torque
*unfortunately classified as 1.5x its stated cc. Just here for comparison...lol..

I am not in any way saying that the VTEC is not a good engine... i love the Honda S2000!

Unfortunately i have witnessed 1.3 turbo's (stock form), beating B16B's, and matching B18B's..

Xtremeleo... im all with u on this one :)

Bump:
I am just surprised as hell that the mods on this forum allow threads like this to recreated again and again. The debate between variable valve timing engines vs turbo engines has been a long one. From people looking to purchase a mivec motor instead of a gsr motor to whether or not NA really is cheaper vs turbos, bla bla bla bla.

This thread has already rubbed some people the wrong way so why continue. I just hope no one takes up any grudge matches and starts something that could end terribly. What do we stand to gain to reading people type "I vote vtec" or "I vote turbo"? Are we electing an engine configuration for president?

And by the way getting a B series to produce 200hp isn't hard, just buy a B18CR engine, it's around 198bhp not far from 200.

I'm posting mostly 'cos i am bored at work and i thought i'd be a bitch and read the posts after mine.
Dude cmon..mods shouldnt close this thread down... It's a healthy debate!
Just dont go challenging each other to illegal races to prove something..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Rest in peace my baby..
sobz :'( :'(

Beware guyz and keep an eye on Ozzy Orange Kelisa Stuff..Heard that this kida care rarely get stolen..damn..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience