Turbo Vs Vtec

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
dat is a good ssuggestion boyzone, now for the contenders to step up:hmmmm:

WiiR4

Known Member
Oct 21, 2008
it's been awhile I'm not check my thread...

many times been answering this, maybe I should come up with TURBO VS NA to be fair for others car fan. I came up with this thread coz' want to share experiance & info, for me as a proton wira VR4 owner admit if I test wit DC5 or EP3 I lose...unless if I'm driving EVO8/9, but I dont know if out there someone been share the experience like me..., coz' I always been condemn by the EG/EK or EJ convert EK owner that use B16A/B n some of them mod with B20B block always said VTEC POWER...VTEC POWER...VTEC STIM... & plus that add more spice to me bout' the "KETA CACAT" thing...I told them how bout' EJ convert EK, EG4 convert EG9 or etc, their answer "that ok coz' still genuine HONDA to HONDA for my case it's PROTON to MITSU", ok...maybe quite emo bout' that, that why I'm slightly dislike HONDA even I'm admit HONDA cars are cun...don't want us to fight or ketuk each others, I'm still can handle my emotional, I think all of us have their own fav brand in their heart like NISSAN, MAZDA, TOYOTA, & etc, pis!!!

for me I'm already fall in love with TURBO's not specific to MITSU, still my first2 love is a SKYLINE GTR 34 MONSTER...then EVO's FAMILY...SssaassSSS....Ka-ching!!!:driver::burnout::vroam:

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
This is getting retarded. Reading a couple of post from above already make me sick. Why don't you guys start comparing turbo 200hp vs N/A 200hp with the same chasis weight...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
This is getting retarded. Reading a couple of post from above already make me sick. Why don't you guys start comparing turbo 200hp vs N/A 200hp with the same chasis weight...
This is what I mean at my previous post.:biggrin:

azameel

Known Member
Jun 8, 2006
no need to compare one
let the argument continues in the street or track or etc :biggrin:

mivec_mivec

Known Member
Oct 21, 2007
Who tapau who it doesn't matters now ... VTEC is a amazing system ... We all like it ... EVO is a cool car , i personally love it to die ... hahaha
bro,it sure does matter..tht is the result of 2.0vtec against 2.0turbo evo..if u like evo,its ur matter..but the end the vtec jump to the river...thts what i heard laa...

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
The new FD2r track times proves to be better than NSX type S zero, Mitsubishi EVO 5, RX7 efini and a few others. These are fully OEM on Tsukuba and other tracks in Japan driven by the professionals. The newer model EVO 7-9 and Sti's are indeed faster than the FD2r.

Those are only track times being evaluated. Don't talk about putting 4G63t on a wira because then i can put the K20r on an CRX or an old 680kg swift GTi and we can start comparing again.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
DIV, from dat alone we clearly see dat a charged car wit the same capicity is better then an NA. the FD2R is indeed an iteresting car, both for track and road but if compared wit technologies from similar time, charged engines r better in terms of performace. or course ler kan? dat is what the turbocharger was made in the first place; to increase the engine's efficiency hence making more power. BUT, dat doesnt mean dat a VTEC is 2nd best, its one of the best engine in the world imo.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
bro,it sure does matter..tht is the result of 2.0vtec against 2.0turbo evo..if u like evo,its ur matter..but the end the vtec jump to the river...thts what i heard laa...
Yes i do think so sometimes when ego strikes my mind .... hehe .. anyway just love our ride, trust it ... Master it ... and take it for a spin and satisfy yourself is good enough already .

D-IV

Known Member
Mar 11, 2006
Agreed. I've personally own both before. Ran an original EVO 4 before and now have an EG3 transplanted with EG9 engine. Both have its strength and fun to be honest. I love the fact that I can tackle corners like there's no tommorow and then I love the high revving capability and quick response from NA VTEC. Both are fun in their own ways that i can't have all in only one.

Even at the moment, i'm having a hard time trying to choose between purchasing an FD2r or an EVO 9 because the price is pretty much the same. But Logically thinking, i would choose the EVO 9... Its not always because of the power, its because I enjoyed my experience last time with my evo 4.

Trinityblood

3,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2007
Im oso support ur statement bro...personally modified my 4g93p before i noe its not as fun as vtec
since no variable valve unless we put the mivec head.yet it still reliable engine..since im staying in kuantan and once a while drove back t cheras im enjoy the most the bentong corners..NA counter corner and drop to 3rd gear and accelerate.i miss most of the quick respon so that i gain
the speed to enter another corner witout worried on any over boost or engine temp.But it didnt happen wif my evo 3 engine now...huhu.i have to monitor most of the gudjet to make sure my engine in perfect temp and not to over boost on the corner..however im enjoying this turbo engine
for the g-force and and i dun have to change gear to over take on the highway..juz floor it boost come and im ahead edi...:biggrin:my point is both engine vtec and force induction got pro n con..
if i had a choice in the future to chose my called sport car i will chose something that came from
boxer engine..yet still turbo and good on corner..hehe:rofl:

SAO 6418

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Ipoh
that rite.. dont compared 2.0 vr4 wif 1.6 vtec.. giler keper..
but the truth is, wif 300++ hp turbo engine, not surely can win 200hp vtec.
who wanna say this is not fact?:nurse:
Totally agree wif dc & DIV:adore:

u seen i compared between a B16 and a vr4? what did i wrote then? i dont think a vr4 cud keep up wit the DC5 ability, hence suggesting the evo8 because they came from similar time, which may show similar technologies. comprende? i didnt fire u anywhere here, dont go all terasa all of a sudden.

i know well dat any VTEC engine isnt ordinary, wether for their fuel saving capability, or the higher end power, but note dis : wit similar mods, any charged engine will outperform an na machine, if driven by a competent driver

dc vtec : comparison shudnt be all about dragging, but IF u must, wit a proper driver dat 300 charged machine will outrun a 200hp vtec anyday

DIV, from dat alone we clearly see dat a charged car wit the same capicity is better then an NA. the FD2R is indeed an iteresting car, both for track and road but if compared wit technologies from similar time, charged engines r better in terms of performace. or course ler kan? dat is what the turbocharger was made in the first place; to increase the engine's efficiency hence making more power. BUT, dat doesnt mean dat a VTEC is 2nd best, its one of the best engine in the world imo.
xremeleo,
r u sure 300hp turbo will outrun 200hp vtec ANYDAY?
r u sure turbo engine efficiency is higher than NA? or u terbalik oledi :idea:

same timeline ....hmmmm
if vr4 220hp wira vs 200hp B-series eg (count on same hp not $$$ n driver)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
lol, sure beb! turbine was invented to make an ENGINE TO RUN MORE EFFICIENTLY, search dat up before u try to be smart. NA VE is usually below the half mark, but a charged engine VE can be more den 100%. if u dont what dat means, pm me for more info

within the same time line, a B-series have to be modified to achieve dat power figure. keyword : MODIFIED, whats the point in arguing about it then? dat VR4 is std stock, u wanna requote for a modified VR4 pulak tak? from what u posted, i see u havent been riding in a powerful VR4/evo hybrid. u'll be begging for life on boost, literally

ive had enuff of modified engines argument, i like to hear if std compared to std. FD2R is the highest line within the civic family, but the evo from similar time will outrun it wether in track on in drag, dat is what i believe anyway

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
the stories go on....& on......

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
Can't someone lock this moronic thread? Why start stupid red necked arguments about what is better turbo or vtec or bigger displacement blah blah blah blah.

Some people need to grow up a bit and realize that everyone is entitled to drive, own and have their own opinions, don't make threads just to "share" how much better you think turbo is better or how much vtec is better. :stupid:

Geez.

Last edited: