Turbo repair

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. But im in a panic and dissapointed situation. Recently i bought a ayam brand turbo to replace my current spoilt unit.

But to my dissmay.... the new unit is also spoilt. Got oil coming out from the hotside. Talk to the supplier, he aggreed to give me a repair kit. Now... i need to find a place somewhere nearby klang or s.alam or damansara area which can fix it with minimal price plus is ok with me bring my own repair kit.

Can anyone kindly point me the correct direction? Really need help in this... i have no budget left for this project, but i guess i should finish what i've started.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
google tong turbo or speedspin or bebolagalasT :biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Hi all,
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this. But im in a panic and dissapointed situation. Recently i bought a ayam brand turbo to replace my current spoilt unit.

But to my dissmay.... the new unit is also spoilt. Got oil coming out from the hotside. Talk to the supplier, he aggreed to give me a repair kit. Now... i need to find a place somewhere nearby klang or s.alam or damansara area which can fix it with minimal price plus is ok with me bring my own repair kit.

Can anyone kindly point me the correct direction? Really need help in this... i have no budget left for this project, but i guess i should finish what i've started.
no need la, get a refund then buy another turbine. if he dowan head to tribunal la since u bought a new defective tubine.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Pm speedspin jez now.... got rough quote fr him... now waiting for the promised repair kit to arrive. Thnks all...

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
what is symptom of turbine going bad? coz mine is v6 twin turbo. most of them said the back turbo more prone to overheat damage. while so far i applied TSD boron coating around it and ensure proper cool down after long drive and using ok oil [mobil semi], what else to do for more TLC? also at some post, people mentioned that fake intercooler will damage the turbo.

wasnt that turbo draw air from filter, then send the hot air via the cooler and into throttle body / intake? so the most is decreased performance and during racing alike condition might cause detonation?

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
so far i know that once turbo gone bad when white smoke (engine oil burnt) come out from the exhaust. and one more situation is turbo shaft snap (turbo putus) means the floating shaft inside turbo snap and one of the wheel drop and scrape the housing...

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
yeap. so far heard is smoke coming out. is those shaft giving out obvious / easy to detect noise when about to go bad?

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
sent my turbo to speedspin,
will get it back on friday.
good PR btw.

Tong turbo is too far away.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
so far i know that once turbo gone bad when white smoke (engine oil burnt) come out from the exhaust. and one more situation is turbo shaft snap (turbo putus) means the floating shaft inside turbo snap and one of the wheel drop and scrape the housing...
Yup, oil that is pump to cool the bearing in the turbine. If the turbine shaft is damaged, oil leaks out into hot exhaust therefore white smoke comes out from exhaust pipe....

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
yeap. so far heard is smoke coming out. is those shaft giving out obvious / easy to detect noise when about to go bad?
based on my experience the sound is really painfull. u will notice once its snap and drop to scrape the inner housing. its a steel scaping steel sound..

hamtaro00

Known Member
Sep 26, 2011
Ipoh
so i take that smoke will come out first as first / earrly symptom. then will heard metal noise.

i guess if we continue drive it will damage the engine since the metal debris goes into the intake. or lets say at high speed and cant stop immediately.

i think im going to open my bonnet and pat on the turbo with love everytime before driving / rempit hehehe

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
but its very thin of metal. ive f*ck up my turbo twice.
first one right after ive bought the car,second one after 3 years buying halfcut turbo.
Even i wonder why it easily broken....installed it with oil and water feed.

Just check whether the turbo has freeplay. For chicken chop(cap ayam turbo) please use recommended oil restrictor.it would not take very high flow of oil.(Suggestion from a friend who use cap ayam turbo).

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Owh maybe what u said is what happened to me.

Angah aka Jamil aka xtremleo... u mean help as in buy me a new turbo or help me fix for free? Both also are welcome. Hahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Bros,

Anyone knows where i can find a working 2006 proton gen2 1.3 engine?
Kinda need it urgently as my current engine really koyak already.:banghead:

All help appreciated.
If you have any contacts, please PM me directly.

Many Thanks,:adore:
Danny
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience