Turbo-charged Altezza

shawn55

Known Member
Aug 5, 2006
bro greyteza, don`t like that ma..he he..if i know nematoth is who i also not asking what his want lo..ha ha...may be is my collueage quote ne...i feel so pity you say like that...haha...just kidding....hehe

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
and i always wonder why people waste their time arguing senselessly....sigh

monsterezza

Known Member
Aug 4, 2007
yes, at the end of the day it is your decision.
i drive my car everyday and there is no "hassle" behind it.
maybe that is my luck getting a good engine :rofl:

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
monsterezza... since u have done a 1jz ... can u give some advice on a custom turbo kit? got mine quoted at 8,000 by one of a drag mechanic... but i guess cant go up on high boost levels.. he does alot of drag car mods in sabah.. u think its a good option?

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
GT Auto did a few Caldinas (3SGTE). Around 300hp on 4w auto. Yes, stock auto gearbox. I managed to speak to one of the Caldina owner and he is very happy with his setup now. Not bad considering that everything remain standard apart from adding a ballbearing turbo and emanage.

Does the stock 3SGTE manifold fit your 3SGE? If yes then things are alot easier as there is no need to customize a manifold.

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
and i always wonder why people waste their time arguing senselessly....sigh
i side green on this. People, the thread's title is TURBO-charged. Why waste time talking about
1JZ when all nematoth wants to know is about TURBO-charging his 'Tezza. If you want to promote, fine, but not here. Follow the thread title, simple. Just fill nematoth on infos about TURBOs.

At the end of the day, it's still personal preference. But for ME, IMHO, putting a 1JZ in a 'Tezza kinda destroys the whole meaning of the name Altezza. Sure, it has more power, but still, 3SGE BEAMS DUAL VVT-I is what the Altezza is famous for, like the RB-series is to the Skylines.

And about not finding any tuners good enough for the 3S series, i beg to differ. There ARE. The only thing is, search.

I rest my case.

monsterezza

Known Member
Aug 4, 2007
monsterezza... since u have done a 1jz ... can u give some advice on a custom turbo kit? got mine quoted at 8,000 by one of a drag mechanic... but i guess cant go up on high boost levels.. he does alot of drag car mods in sabah.. u think its a good option?
u got pm bro.:listen: cannot discuss here since later some fellow will shoot me..when giving out opinions, someone will ask for points, when giving out points, someone will say this thread only for this bla bla bla and not that..bla bla bla.. :banghead: :burnout:

ST56J

Known Member
Feb 23, 2008
wow... well said bushidofang... :) like a lawyer.. ehhe and i mean this in a nice way..hehe

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere
wow... well said bushidofang... :) like a lawyer.. ehhe and i mean this in a nice way..hehe
thanks man. don't mean to spark any flames here, but it has to be done lar.

u got pm bro.:listen: cannot discuss here since later some fellow will shoot me..when giving out opinions, someone will ask for points, when giving out points, someone will say this thread only for this bla bla bla and not that..bla bla bla.. :banghead: :burnout:
monsterezza, don't wanna start smth with you, i know very well where are you heading and what knives are you trying to throw. :biggrin:
but you can always make up a new thread about 1JZ, right? no one is stopping you, you know? it's just that in here, he's asking mainly about turbo. IF, you make a new thread about the transplant of 1JZ in 'Tezza's, i would sticky it, IF it provides sufficient info.

no hard feelings.

monsterezza

Known Member
Aug 4, 2007
thanks man. don't mean to spark any flames here, but it has to be done lar.

monsterezza, don't wanna start smth with you, i know very well where are you heading and what knives are you trying to throw. :biggrin:
but you can always make up a new thread about 1JZ, right? no one is stopping you, you know? it's just that in here, he's asking mainly about turbo. IF, you make a new thread about the transplant of 1JZ in 'Tezza's, i would sticky it, IF it provides sufficient info.

no hard feelings.
meaning? Price? Comparison? It's pointless posting if you don't give any info...
fyi. im just answering and replying to nematoth. he just want some points when i giving out an option which is go for 1jz. im not throwing any knives or something .
do you think that greytezza's qestions is related to the thread title?

:
The question that I like to ask u is how u guys focus on answering yr potential customer's queries and questions???
Anyways, im not gonna arguing with you on this. and its truly no hard feelings.
just that some people get too emotional with it.
cheers!

rizal82

Jul 23, 2006
wah..meriah giler kat sini...

nematoth, i think u better google or meet up with some of the guys.i'm sure u will get a lot of options.

Your topic is turbo-charged altezza, but there's a lot of meaning in one sentences, it can be turbo-charge your original 3SGE or simply transplant an engine into it. Be it bolt-on turbo,1jz, it is still an engine with turbo..

I've known a few who bolt-on their 3sge and some transplant 1jz..both side have no problem with it..except for their heavy foot. :burnout:

platinum

Known Member
Aug 28, 2006

Bushidofang, this is altezza's forum and we all are the members here just want to help and share some of the info only. Not a problem if you think that someone was not follow the thread..it just like sitting at mamak stall and sharing only wat...doest means that everyone have to follow since they know each others.

Z_Edition

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2006
I agree, if I were to ask an opinion on doing something and someone else comes along and tells me to try doing it another way, I'd definitely want to hear his opinion, especially when it involves RM20K+...just my 2 cents...

gti-wly

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
putrajaya
i think everyone is entitle for their own opinion.. no matter it good or not, but just because someone don't like it, don't go bash them back, don't start throwing knives/fork/stone/fire/etc...

communicate nicely, don't say bad things about other people, unless criminal related thingy lah.. promoting pun i think ok, at least we know something like this brand have this, that workshop have that, this part ok, this part not ok.. 1j can do what, turbo pro&con.. etc etc.. not like his promoting then force you to buy stuff..

just like platinum said, it's like a mamak stall. cool and nice place to chat, don't make it like a board room meeting.. chill out....

bushidofang

'(00) Lurker
Helmet Clan
Jun 1, 2006
Anywhere

Bushidofang, this is altezza's forum and we all are the members here just want to help and share some of the info only. Not a problem if you think that someone was not follow the thread..it just like sitting at mamak stall and sharing only wat...doest means that everyone have to follow since they know each others.
I agree, if I were to ask an opinion on doing something and someone else comes along and tells me to try doing it another way, I'd definitely want to hear his opinion, especially when it involves RM20K+...just my 2 cents...
i think everyone is entitle for their own opinion.. no matter it good or not, but just because someone don't like it, don't go bash them back, don't start throwing knives/fork/stone/fire/etc...

communicate nicely, don't say bad things about other people, unless criminal related thingy lah.. promoting pun i think ok, at least we know something like this brand have this, that workshop have that, this part ok, this part not ok.. 1j can do what, turbo pro&con.. etc etc.. not like his promoting then force you to buy stuff..

just like platinum said, it's like a mamak stall. cool and nice place to chat, don't make it like a board room meeting.. chill out....
You know what, this is what's happening now, I'll just shut up. FYI, we're also giving our opinions, not flaming. Have fun. :biggrin: Someone's gotta lose, else this won't end at all.

Go on answering his question.

Cheers.