Tuning the WORKS EMS-1 piggyback

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys,

Anyone know the application used to tune the Works EMS-1 piggyback? Not a lot of information in Google. Wanna try tuning the thing myself.

ah-singh

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
i have a unit as well but i dont have the connection diagram...You have it bro ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i have a unit as well but i dont have the connection diagram...You have it bro ?
Hopefully I will when the item shows up on my doorstep!

Wah, someone has a new toy to play!
Adrian, just how many IDs you got man? And not yet la. It's not even with me yet. You got any contacts or tuner friends who can help?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
try looking up for info on the Perfect Power SMT-6. exact same thing with badge engineering. Malaysia seems to excel in this, first proton, then perodua, now aftermarket also follow.. works, m7.. lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
try looking up for info on the Perfect Power SMT-6. exact same thing with badge engineering. Malaysia seems to excel in this, first proton, then perodua, now aftermarket also follow.. works, m7.. lol
SMT-6 is the same product? If yes then it's a PerfectPower product! Cool. This website is way more informative than the Works one.

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
hows the works ems-1 izso??? been thinking about this as well... but don't know how good it is...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
hows the works ems-1 izso??? been thinking about this as well... but don't know how good it is...
Sigh. I haven't found the software online and the manufacturer refuses to give me a copy. So I guess I'll have to pay someone to install and tune it for me. So far the best price I've been quoted is RM350 including install.

I don't know how good it is, but I saw someone selling the MOTEC standalone for RM1500. With install and tune RM2500 which is a tad pricy but daaaaaaaamn it's a standalone!

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
but the motec is a really old version if i'm not mistaken... i saw the post as well... did some research and it seems like it need some kind of modem to tune it... without it can't tune...

i'm looking for a really cost effective piggyback but don't know which one to choose... i'm not going for crazy power just to tune up the air and fuel mixture... so this ems-1 really caught my attention but can't really find any user using it... still searching for reviews...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
but the motec is a really old version if i'm not mistaken... i saw the post as well... did some research and it seems like it need some kind of modem to tune it... without it can't tune...

i'm looking for a really cost effective piggyback but don't know which one to choose... i'm not going for crazy power just to tune up the air and fuel mixture... so this ems-1 really caught my attention but can't really find any user using it... still searching for reviews...
The one I'm using used to belong to a K3VE-T owner and it was working pretty well with that engine. Because it can handle close and open loop, it's ideal for the Siemens VDO ECU type of cars like mine. I'm not familiar enough with the 1JZ to give any constructive comments on how well it'll work with your engine though. What have you done with your engine? What mods requires a piggyback? Can't the stock 1JZ work with your current setup? If it's only A/F you're looking for do you have a AF meter? Perhaps you're already running at optimum AF and nothing more can be done?

I'm not discouraging you to get one (piggyback) but no point getting one if your car is working fine right?

cheeft

1,000 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
The one I'm using used to belong to a K3VE-T owner and it was working pretty well with that engine. Because it can handle close and open loop, it's ideal for the Siemens VDO ECU type of cars like mine. I'm not familiar enough with the 1JZ to give any constructive comments on how well it'll work with your engine though. What have you done with your engine? What mods requires a piggyback? Can't the stock 1JZ work with your current setup? If it's only A/F you're looking for do you have a AF meter? Perhaps you're already running at optimum AF and nothing more can be done?

I'm not discouraging you to get one (piggyback) but no point getting one if your car is working fine right?
i'm thinking of getting a piggyback so that i can increase my boost just a little bit more... currently the factory setting for the boost is only 0.7 bar and i have increase it to 0.8... i'm planning to boost it at around 1bar but without a piggyback, i can't do this as it keeps cutting the fuel... at first planning to get something like HKS FCD but after using this, the ecu won't cut fuel so there is no safety net there...

but as far as i know, stock 1JZ runs on the rich side... sometimes you can smell it through the exhaust...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wah.. hmm.. I don't know if the EMS-1 can handle that. You might want to try asking consrito, he was the one who sold his unit to me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have this car jack in my car which I bought to replace the standard one which failed on my once. It comes in the plastic carrying box. The problem is, everytime I take a tight corner, it will move from one end of the bonnet to the other.

Do you guys have any idea how to make some mouting brackets for it so it can stay put in one place.

My car is a Satria

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience