Tufoil Review

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
What about Castrol Formula RS 10W60?

Or do you have a list of tested oil with Tufoil? I believe some may not be compatible.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Tufoil has quite a following around the world.

We have not heard of an engine oil that is not compatible with it. There must be several thousand brands of oil out there.

You are the best judge and like most other performance-oriented and highly-tuned car owners, they keep checking out the many types of additives in the market. One day when luck is on their side they find a pearl and become addicted. Three generations in a family using Tufoil in their cars, we were told.

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
hey FocalPoint, I got a question:

My car has hydraulic lifters and they're making ALOT of noise. Was wondering whether TuffOil can help?

Thanks ;)

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Focalpoint,

Hi there,guess i have to test out the results myself on using Castrol RS & Semi
Synthetic oil.Was having a thought though.How would Tufoil fare when using
together with Esther based engine oil like the likes of Motul Engine Oils?Any one
try using Tufoil together with 1 of the esther based oil like Motul?

Sorry, off topic !
Malice,i have been using redline water wetter+distiled water in my radiator for
around 2 years+, i notice my tempature drop ever since.Hmmn... wonder if
adding Tufoil will have the same effect?Just sharing my thought. :)

Putra668

Oct 5, 2004
i bought one in ACE Hardware in IKANO....my suggestion will be...buy a bottle of engine flush..and flush ur engine first..then drain ur old oil and pour in the tufoil then put in ur motor oil...synthetic or not its nevermind it is based on ur own need..im using petronas semi syenthetic...then change ur plug...oil filter and air filter..then u will feel the diffrence and the power...soli..forgot to tell u the price..its RM58 not expensive compare to other product that have not recognition...bye

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Originally posted by FocalPoint@Oct 11 2004, 10:23
Cow, the best approach is to give it a shot.
Focalpoint,

I've been told by my mechanic that these engine additives do more harm than good in the long run. It may seem effective on the first few times you use it but chemicals will be chemicals and they always will have sediments or a reaction with the mineral oil you use resulting in possible sludge deposits in the sump? Is that true? Apparently my mechanic has overhauled a civic with that problem before.. tho it is not known if it was tufoil that was the supposed culprit.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
This is for acid2344. Checked around the last few days on ester-type oils. Mr. Lim of Ampang Auto has been using Tufoil with ester-based Chemlube on his Merc E280 V6 ( Big-small eyes ). According to him the engine is really smooth and there is a power gain. Drop by and have a chat.

Since ester-type oils are pretty expensive, we are now searching Mr. Reick's database on the gains from the combination with Tufoil. Will revert ASAP.

Izso, always remember what has gone into that engine. There are hundreds of brands out trying to get into the workshop. Every one says their product is the best. Just how many are certified? The reason for Tufoil's longevity is that it works. Tufoil did not come from a mixer, it came from award-winning lubrications scientist. Do educate your mechanic on this.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Hi Focalpoint,

Glad to have your feedback again.So there i someone that have been using
Tufoil with Esther based oils.This is good news.Will wait for your update again.
The only drawback i can think of IMHO is that Tufoil used together with Esther
based engine oils is only the budget wise.Or else i would have used Tufoil with
Motul Fully Synth or Chemlube Fully Synth.

Thanks. :)

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Hi! acid2344.

Mr. Franklin Reick came back to us to tell us that Tufoil is fully compatible with ester type oils. He pointed out that ester happens to be one of the ingredients used in making Tufoil.

Looks like you are one of those that who believe in the high end side of lubrication and we would like to salute you.

acid2344

Nov 14, 2003
Hi Focalpoint,

Thanks for the feedback again,was glad to hear that Tufoil have esther as 1 of
its ingredients.Do you know Keras Jaya Bakti shop in Taman Maluri Cheras?
This shop deals with Mercedes spare parts.Do you deal with them for Tufoil?Its
my close friend's family business. :)

I believe in taking care of my car & engine in tip top condition.That's why i
ask you about the Tufoil+Esther blends engine lubricants. :) No need to salute
me man, im just an ordinary guy next door that likes my car to perform
in its top mark.Too bad i cant try Tufoil now as having some issues with my
car now that only can be rectified next month.If use Tufoil now it will be wasted.
I believe many people in this forum is using esther blend lubricants in their
car as well.Whereas im still using normal fully synthc.

Really hope problem is rectified next month & i can try Tufoil. B)

Thanks.

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
We are glad that now your heart is at peace, acid2344.

The Keras shop, we will take note. TQ.

psycho

Feb 5, 2004
Uhhh guys... sorry to pop the bubble of those who have already filled the whole bottle of tufoil into your engine but you are wasting money. Read the label properly. ONLY use the whole bottle if you have a 5 LITRE engine. Do the oz to litre conversion on the label on the bottle. Following instructions ON THE BOTTLE LABEL for my 1.3 satria that would equate to less than a fifth of the bottle for the first fill and just a capful or two for all other subsequent oil changes. The tufoil I bought about 5 months ago is still with me today. And I do 5000k's a month.

Oops...Don't knock your head on the wall ok?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

New!
Mothers carcare Hi-Series-Reflection
Available in malaysia
Pls call 012-4711151.
Pls log on MOTHERS® Polishes·Waxes·Cleaners
Car Wax-Super wet look!
Durability-2 month
Top Coat-New
Deep Shine and Extreme Gloss-Look Very Reflective!
The Best In USA
Over Merquiers !
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience