Trouble after cleaning the throttle body

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Hi guys,

My car engine is a 4age 20valve blacktop. I clean the throttle body by opening all the plenum intakes and spray the carburetor cleaner. Now the car cannot start. I need help..

Thanks

seanding

Jan 7, 2011
Selangor
Keep trying and you will make it start....You sprayed too much into the combustion chamber apparently.

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
If i just leave the car for a few hours, will it eventually dry up and start? I check the spark plugs a bit wet. Clean it with cloth but still cannot start. I am afraid if i keep cranking, my battery will die.

Edit: Problem solved. Waited for 2 hours and disconnect and reconnect everything. It started with rough idling. Revv it a bit and after that everything is smooth. Most probably the combustion chamber is filled with the carburetor cleaner or my connection is bad the 1st time. Anyway thanks!

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For the record, carb cleaner and TB cleaner are different bottles. I don't know if they are the same but I'd use the TB cleaner next time

SilentSeeker

Jun 20, 2010
Kuching
I usually use wd40. I try to get a fren to help in keeping the engine running while I spray in the wd40. That way won't scare overflood. Works for me all the time.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I usually use wd40. I try to get a fren to help in keeping the engine running while I spray in the wd40. That way won't scare overflood. Works for me all the time.
That's actually kinda risky. WD40 leaves behind an oily residue which will attract dust like a magnet. Not to mention it might clog any sensors in its path. Don't recommend doing that long term dude

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Use petrol settle xD

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yeah. But I wouldn't advise spraying petrol into the TB in place for obvious reasons. :biggrin:

Cleaning the TB with petrol off engine ok obviously
Plan a DIT do teach me :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Erm. Ok. Make sure you use a proper container to hold the petrol. Or just use glass.
Any idea where to buy those kerosene bottle? Didnt happen to see any. Can buy from Petrol stations
right? K see if I can find TB cleaner instead since is recommended.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
The last time i sent mine to the shop for service. They dismantled the thing, cleaned with wd40, and made sure everything was dry before starting. Result was priceless! Smooth and better FC. So next time just make sure everything is dried properly.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The last time i sent mine to the shop for service. They dismantled the thing, cleaned with wd40, and made sure everything was dry before starting. Result was priceless! Smooth and better FC. So next time just make sure everything is dried properly.
I sent to workshop, I see not really clean also yet charged me RM45 but I was told that I will
feel a bit sluggish in acceleration after TB cleaning for awhile.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi sifu's

What are the different between these two adjustable? beside the price..:confused:
I'm planning to change my stock absorber. TEIN are my first choice.

I need info from driver familiar with ant of these adjustable absorber.

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience