Trapped Water Bubles inside front lights

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Hi All,
Lately I've noticed that my car front lights have trapped condensed water bubles in them. Some sort like steamed water trapped inside. It gets more visible when I drive in the rain.

Anyone out there with a solution or knows what the cause may be, please share your experience....

Thanks...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Rex...
It is Water vapour...
First, you need to dry it up first. (remove bulb, hair dryer it and let is dry up on a hot day)
Then, check if there is any broken sealant or crack where water or air sips/get in.
If no, check if rubber cover is propely installed (after bulb change or HID upgrade or blacken the internal and etc)...:biggrin:

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
first of all, may i ask what car you are using?

now rainy season, this problem is quite common especially:

-could be minor crack at headlight.
-the rubber seal behind the lights melted/worn-out.
-leakage at your "daun-pisang" (mud-guard), causing the water to go inside engine bay as you drive.

just try park it under the sun, and drive with lights (even on daytime).. that may help clearing it up.
if its too much until got small pond inside, check the 2 stuff i mention earlier.. =)

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Guys,
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm driving a Perdana V6. I agree with E-Tech that it's just water vapour and I should check the lights in and out. Will inspect this weekend and update you guys next week. Myself planning to pasang H.I.D, so I think it would be best to get the Acessory experts to check for me.
Mean while, as per Fatboy, I'll drive around with my lights on under the sun. Janji settle and tak jadi teruk sudah ler...

Once again, Thanks and keep the posting...

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Guys,
A check on my lights last weekend, didn't reveal much. Nothing shaking, rubber & seals still in -tact and no visible "Lobang" for the water to sip in. Of course I never took the whole units out for a thorough check la. I plan to go show my problem to the accessory guys in a few weeks time when I'm going to pasang H.I.D.

Let's see what they say...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
BRo... fyi better solve the water vapour trouble first...
If not worry later the hid bulb rosak....
Just my advise....

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Hmm,
Can't ignore your advice too E-Tech. Anyone out there in Penang can recommend good workshop to deal and settle this problem ahh ?....

Appreciate your help guys...

Thanks

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
it is common for perdana models to have this problem... even some new ones also has it stock from the assembly line..

if it is water vapor.. you can dry it out with hair dryer or switch the lights or put under hot sun... its nothing much actually..

if you want to completely solve the problem.. you hv to ask the paint shop to do it for you.. most paint shop tocan do it now a days.. they will dismantle the headlamp, clean it.. n then then they glued it back.. usually they give warranty water dont seep through or any vapor problems.. i've done a few at paint shop from refurbishing old yellow headlights, water problems headlights, n painting black face head lights.. you can get a normal workshop to do it as well.. but it is bettter a paint shop do it.. since they are better at dismantling body parts n they do hav the right material to use open and seal the lamp..

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Luka Sifu,
That's what I want. A solution and a direction to get it done. Thanks alot. Will add this to my "to do list" for this weekend.

Ermm.. Any estimate on the cost ?...

Hehahee...

Will look into it, and update for everyone's benefit...

Once again, thanks guys

roy_fatboy

500 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Selangor
www.wiraownersclub.com
if you are around KL maybe i could help..

it shouldn't cost that much, what they'll do is just open the headlight and re-seal with silicone.. i say, shouldn't be more than a hundred maybe..

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Thanks Roy,
The fact that you're volunterring to help me is already a relieve for the future. Who knows what else I'll be needing in KL soon. Hehehhe.
So don't worry. I've already thought of a few car spray paint workshops back here in Penang. High time I source out, so we can help recommend reliable workshops in Penang for our ZTH members in the future....

That's what ZTH is all about...

sharing....
Referencing....
and Passion for wheels...

Just give me a few weeks and I'll update you sifous / this thread, how I solved the problem...

Once again

Maaannyaakk Maanyaak tilema Kasi (Thanks)..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

D1 GRAND PRIX MALAYSIA PREVIEW
D1 GRAND PRIX MALAYSIA PREVIEW - Bukit Jalil Stadium Kuala Lumpur

Words: R3

The D1GP series made popular by the iconic Japanese comic Initial D has a cult like following in both Japan and America. For 2006, Malaysia...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience