Transplant to VQ25DD from A33

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
I think was rm60/per pc for VK. Last time I bought IK for RM50/pc. I think now IK can get RM40-45/pc

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
I find even tho is better, original still the best for recommend mileage. Try so much difference brand and type when i drove the SR16VE. End up importing the original plug from Japan. Furthermore i don't stress the VQ plug > 80kkm, so better stick with the original.

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
This part no may help ur guy to order the correct spark plug.

NGK:
Model Part no
Standard BKR6ES-11 (Normal)
V-Power BKR6E-11 (Got to use more than 1k km than only real power come in)
G-Power BKR6EGP (Same with V-Power but power hm...)
Iridium MAX BKR7EIX-11PS (Wonderful spark plug)
Iridium IX BKR6EIX-11P (Wonderful but can't last long)

Denso:
Iridium Power IK20 (so so)
Iridium Tough VK20 part no: 267700-720 / 267700-730 (use before, so far worst in term of FC and power)

I currently using Iridium MAX, so far best among other, make sure the gab is 11, some shop wouldn't sale u 6 piece, bcz it come with 4 piece per pack.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
The reason why the denso if giving less economy is because its factory gapped at 0.75mm, which will affect economy. When you gap the denso to the same gap af the NGK to 1.1mm you will get better economy but engine will be rough. Don't believe me try it.

So it doesn't really matter which platinum or iridum plug you buy. performance is more or less the same. Its the gap which is giving you the FC. Looking at the NGK range you posted. Your results are consistant with the Plug you are using as all the NGK ending in 11 means the plug is gapped to 1.1mm.

So for those who don't know how to gap spark plugs DIY style, just buy the NGK.

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
No wonder you nickname call "12savefule"
My A32 with 2.5L fitted 17 inch.
59 liter can run only 450km during normal city drive.
Off course sometime tekan a bit.

But i did experience for 59L Highway drive can close to 600km.
fitted my A32 2.5L with 16 inch, and i can get around 550km for city driving, and easily 650km for highway

no mods except cat con removed...

wah

Known Member
Nov 15, 2005
The reason why the denso if giving less economy is because its factory gapped at 0.75mm, which will affect economy. When you gap the denso to the same gap af the NGK to 1.1mm you will get better economy but engine will be rough. Don't believe me try it.

So it doesn't really matter which platinum or iridum plug you buy. performance is more or less the same. Its the gap which is giving you the FC. Looking at the NGK range you posted. Your results are consistant with the Plug you are using as all the NGK ending in 11 means the plug is gapped to 1.1mm.

So for those who don't know how to gap spark plugs DIY style, just buy the NGK.
So far din feel the denso spark plug give me rough engine sound on 1.1mm, but the engine oil will. Maybe it only apply to your engine kua... :smile:

Thanks for your info, but please dun just read from "user guide manual", sometime try your own way to fine tune your engine will get more experience and knowledge.

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Any one can confirm A32 should use VK16 or VK20 ( Spark Plug Size 4 or 5 ) ?
I don't know the original A32 spark plug size. Wonder whom can confirm ?

I just install Vk16, didn't feel the different, maybe less power than previous.

But engine noise less now & smooth.
But this different could be i put in Mobile 1 compare with last time Semi.

12savefuel

Known Member
Dec 10, 2008
Original is using an NGK 6 so I would go with VK20 which is denso equivalent. You can use VK16 which is an NGK 5 but I think its too hot a plug and will cause high rpm and high load detonation. Its ok for normal city town driving. When i use NGK/denso 20 heat range the plug looks just nice, NGK5/denso16 the look of the plug is clean but a bit white and hot on the ground electrode.

imperialrealcs

Known Member
Dec 12, 2005
hi guys, sorry for bringing up old thread.. seems like my VQ30DE finally dead and its time for VQ25DD. i would like to confirm few things before hand,
- can the engine use RON95 nicely?
- issit possible for me to use back original meter instead of 180km/h limited meter from japan halfcut?
- What is the best spark plug for this VQ25DD engine? need for maximum fuel economy.
- do u think i should port the emanage blue to this car?
- is the GDI system always giving out problems?

thanks for the patients! i need to watch my budget, therefore i have to confirm everything before actual work :(
is there owner of VQ25DD in here? your thought are most welcomed!