TRAFFIC Magazine... Bleahh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
I just have to post this. I just bought the latest Traffic mag yesterday. And to my horror found many many glaring un-quality in this mag. I have bought their mags last time and have faced with some problems like pages falling off after 3-5 reads and text too dark to be read over dark brackground. The last Traffic i bought was that orange Satria one that was featured in TV3 CNY advertisment last year.:X-:

CONS!

I have thought that Traffic would have since been a better quality mag over 2 years now i guess. But what the heck?!:angry_smile:

The lastest mag was a horror! The pages that feature the hummer has blurred text description. I assume printing problems. Yes many mags has them once in a while. This is forgivable. (BTW there is a Black H2 running around in KL!)

Next even more horrific. Did they do research when they featured the Japanese Y32 Gloria as a Toyota? ARE U NUTS?! A Gloria is from NISSAN! A NISSAN i tell ya!! How could they print Toyota Gloria on the cover and the insides without even looking for this car model! C'mon, the car design difference is so apparent! The front lights!!! No toyota model has them. Closest is Aristo. Even then they have are oval. How about stating some models? Even if you are not close. Ever heard of Junction Produce? Since i have noticed Traffic likes VIP look cars a lot. The Gloria has a FUSA accesory and a BONNET mascot from JP Produce. The rear wing is probably from same company but moded for it. I did remember you guys having a booth at Dreamcars Asia. JP booth was selling this old catalog for RM5. I bought that one. Did you guys buy it? If i didn't have that catalog, i would have been foold into beliving the Gloria is a Toyota. Hah!!!:baring_teeth:

Where are the letters pages? Did you not value what people think of your mag anymore? There were these letters pages that i think were quirky and stupid responses all round. But they keep me entertained. And Traffic buyers get to respond to your magazine.

The mag pages still falls off after a few reads!!! Are you guys gonna fix it or not?:angry_smile:

Your coverage on the auto show held in conjuction with D1 Preview. I didn't go to the show because i CANT FIND IT!!! Almost everyone came from the D1 area. There were no signs at all to the show which is held at the indoor stadium. What signs?!?! I was dissapointed because i went there for the D1 and the auto show. But i didn't see the show, because i didn't know where it was! It was the truth! Even many ZTH fellas here are lost at where the venue is. My only problem here is Traffic emphasize that there were signs to indicate of the show. My emphasize is BLEAH!!!:confused_smile:

The clubs and sites list should be a the back last, like last time. Are you guys sure you are in the publishing business? Referals to other companies or entities should be restircted, lessen or put in obocure places. Traffic mag seems to be in shambles! You company (Traffic) should be first. Traffic is not yellow pages.

PROS

The new buy and sell section is a good. But i find the prices for theads are a little expensive. I recon if you discount it 50% as a start. Rather than start with that price. Since there is this other mag that caters to used cars. I find it hard to Traffic to fight with them here. Your call.

The included CD is a nice touch. But i hope this is no excuse to kill off the qualilty of the mag. :_:

The falling pages!! I now have a good excuse not to buy wall paper to stick on walls. Why my local nasi lemak seller seems to delighted to recieve the falling pages mag. Great recycling program!..... NOT!!

Your take on Option in Japan. Very nice. But if you don't improve in many aspects, don't even dream of reaching Options level.:regular_smile:

Overall picture quality are improving. But there are some that just don't cut out. Seems like rush job.:Not_Impressed:

Plastic covering improves circulation. No free reading! But covering just for the sake of the CD is kinda wasteful. Why not just stick the CD in some obsocure pages if you think shrink wrapping them is costly.:sad_smile:

The language used is ok. But i hope to see some more feel used for different cars. Its kind of boring to see one kind of style for every car reviewed.:embaressed_smile:

OVERALL

If Traffic does not have company policies for a sucessful future, then i'm not buying this mag anymore. And i'll tell my friends to save thier 10 bucks on TT than buying TRAFFIC. I thought this mag would be on my must read list. Hell i killed off reading AUTOCAR Asean few months ago to look for alternatives.

There were once some of the guys in Traffic that hangs out here. I wonder if they still do? If they are, then look at this post and ponder long. Never ask why, but solve it. I would buy Traffic again....... next year. For many obvious reasons. Till then i'll probably have more fun deciphering Jap Options mags than buying Traffic! Haaaiiiihhhhhh...:angel_smile:

At the moment, this current mags quality is pissing me off. It has no readability quality. Come to think of it, i should have bought HyperTune just for the sake of Keiichi's face in there. hahaha.:shades_smile:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Woah...that's a long list of gripes.

Anyway, hope they take it in their stride instead of being defensive.

I too have stopped buying after like a half a dozen copies. Not up to my liking. Not a good read at all.

I'm also really, really trying to stop buying Hypertune as well. Really not a good read. There'd be one or two interesting article in there and that's all. But I've been buying them for so long that its kinda hard. Sort of like a habit, but I'm constantly frustrated as I flip through the pages and find nothing interesting to read.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
silverfish.. i just read em at mph without buying them... only buy them if it really worth the money.. otherwise... just read at mph...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Dunno mate. Personally, I feel like an arse if I spend a lot of time reading something and then not buying anything. Its like, rude and embarassing. But, seriously, its just me. I know a lot of people do it.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
i sneak peek some hypertunes gals but generally never purchase local mags as the writings are.......>never mind<

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Ok, you've all helped me break my habit. I'm not buying another copy of Hypertune. I know its shite but I can't stop. Now, I'll force myself.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
itz an option let allowed by mph... to allow the patrons read before buying em... used to do that to kill time during lunch period at sunway pyramid.. but now no longer work at sunway.. so i'm out of free magazines.

but seriously.... local magz are sometimes.. way off the quality... import magz.. u could probably read new car reviews online than buying em...

so.. not many options of good magz actually.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
i know foreign mags are $$$ but it worth the joy in reading em (esp the countless times you are on your throne).

but it nice to to check out local car scene with our local mags, just hope the general writing improves & quality in some of the info. (not bias writings & more enthusiasm in which we can relate)

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
why dont u jes send yer comments to traffic mag itself? dat'll be more chance of u getting yer message across than to post it here which will inevitably fan up more flames than constructive remarks

szekeiemme

3,000 RPM
Feb 14, 2004
Visit site
stop buyin traffic mag for few month edi.. duno y.. mayb too much new car review..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to share some pictures of some Extreme Engine Mods....
All from Tom Yam Land....

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience