TOYOTA MR-S Stolen 130110!!! Please help to locate! Reward!

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
CAR FOUND 6-7/2/10!
Thank you all for your concern n watchful eye! Cheers

Hi Guys!

I'm posting in behalf of a fren, he just lost his car, a Black TOYOTA MR-S, reg no. WNB2345 yesterday in PUCHONG. It was a 'test-drive' turned sour...the guy basically drove it off.

PLease do call Edward (owner) @ 0163388877 if you REALLY spotted the car. No pranks.

Don't let these guys get away with it!

Successful spotters will be rewarded.

Cheers

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Ermm..how can he possibly test drive without the owner inside? Anyway, please do provide some details/description on the culprit to make it easier for us to identify.

Any dent or visible scratches that can be spotted on the car? Which part of puchong did it went missing btw?

Much appreciated in order to help u out if u can provide the details above...

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
Honestly, i din tink it was wise to let the culprit drive off alone also...i guess he was convincing and was apparently a 'friend' of a friend.

it's been a day already, i dun tink the car will still be around there. plates would probably be swapped...

As for marks on the car, it's hard to say if there are any significant ones as I don't really know at this point, the culprit probably made a few more 'marks' also...

anyway, there are not many black mr-s on the road, so if u do spot one, mayb just give a heads up here...

Chinese guy goes by the name of Vincent...

but dunno if it changed hands or not...could be syndicate. Heard his hometown is in JB.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

the culprit's FB...im not his fren there oso, so kenot see profile
Wiseman Vincent | Facebook

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Had your friend reported to the police yet bro? I think passing these facebook link to the police might help as they may be able to trace him by IP address or etcs which what they did on tracing the guy who throw the molotov and destroy the church.

I bet he might have even driven the car to JB or anywhere else which is also possible. I will keep a lookout anyway. I hate car thefts! Too many getting stolen lately...

Yes, i agree honestly is not really wise to let someone u dun really know to test drive alone. Sometimes certain friends can't be trusted as well.

Number plate surely swapped. Yes, i guess not many Black MR-S soft top can be seen around. Will keep an eye and spread the words thanks! Hope to find back the car soon.

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
thx for the tip bro! i was wondering about the IP thingy as well...now that u've mentioned, i'll let him know. yes, police report was made yesterday itself.

I know man, it's crazy these days...cars stolen here n there! im doin car insurance, n boy, the claims r goin up!

Cheers

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
first i'm going to say might hurt you.... WHY u let him test drive alone? .... i really love my car.. and i don't even let my sista drive it without me beside...safety bro...

(1) people can easily steal it
(2) if family members, they still can damage it...

* try the IP trace, last i heard that even our members here can trace Ip address here (like the case when a foreigner wanted to test drive a skyline)

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
first i'm going to say might hurt you.... WHY u let him test drive alone? .... i really love my car.. and i don't even let my sista drive it without me beside...safety bro...

(1) people can easily steal it
(2) if family members, they still can damage it...

* try the IP trace, last i heard that even our members here can trace Ip address here (like the case when a foreigner wanted to test drive a skyline)

dun worry bro, no offense taken. in fact, i share yr sentiments wen i first heard it. :banghead:

but anyone here knows how to trace IP? perhaps dun have to teach how, just trace the above ID given n let us know.

Danz, i've posted a reply under the MR-S club thread already, thx :smokin:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay
u could inform the JSOC Japan Sportcars Owners Club,
i think the president also drives a MRS, 2 years back when he got married.....
wat is the link of their thread/website? cnt find it

thx bro

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
When I'm selling my yellow MR-S last year, many prospective buyers insist to test the car. So I will just follow & be beside the prospective buyer in the car, make sure to show & give his/her IC first.

It is extremely careless to let the so called prospective buyer to test the car alone. He or she can claim he or she is a friend of koolspyda or your sister's friend. These thieves will do anything to dig info out from the net or any source to get the confident in you.

Ever heard of the mobile phone walk-away cum stealing scam?? These people pretend to be customer & claim he/she know your boss (even provide your boss' name) & then pretend to borrow your handphone to make an urgent call (saying his/her handphone battery flat) & slowly get away from you on the pretext of bad mobile signal while leaving an empty box or plastic or el cheapo bag.

Be more careful, the car is as good as gone. Get insurance claim done as soon as possible & pray hard that the car won't be found within few months later with everything inside outside got taken off. And due to we recon car owners (5 years & above) are subjected to the insurance betterment clause, therefore insurance won't let the repair to be perfect (chop shop stuffs expected & in case none available, new parts need to add money + maybe need to wait) unless you are willing to top up or got a real good buddy working or as a boss at the repair workshop.

This pretty sums things up. Just be cautious.

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
It's non claimable by insurance if you tell them you let the person drive the car, you have to change abit your police report and say the keys were taken by force or you were forced out of the car by knife or something...Bcoz the insurance company has the right to deny claim if u willingly gave the keys to him..they consider that negligance...same goes if lose your car at valet parking....:bawling:

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
When I'm selling my yellow MR-S last year, many prospective buyers insist to test the car. So I will just follow & be beside the prospective buyer in the car, make sure to show & give his/her IC first.

It is extremely careless to let the so called prospective buyer to test the car alone. He or she can claim he or she is a friend of koolspyda or your sister's friend. These thieves will do anything to dig info out from the net or any source to get the confident in you.

Ever heard of the mobile phone walk-away cum stealing scam?? These people pretend to be customer & claim he/she know your boss (even provide your boss' name) & then pretend to borrow your handphone to make an urgent call (saying his/her handphone battery flat) & slowly get away from you on the pretext of bad mobile signal while leaving an empty box or plastic or el cheapo bag.

Be more careful, the car is as good as gone. Get insurance claim done as soon as possible & pray hard that the car won't be found within few months later with everything inside outside got taken off. And due to we recon car owners (5 years & above) are subjected to the insurance betterment clause, therefore insurance won't let the repair to be perfect (chop shop stuffs expected & in case none available, new parts need to add money + maybe need to wait) unless you are willing to top up or got a real good buddy working or as a boss at the repair workshop.

i have help friends seaching for MR-S (because they intend to purchase a 2 door car) & i do encourage the actual owners to tag along for test drive.

i believe this black MR-S car was advertised in some forums & it appears to use a 3rd party to conduct the sale (yes, no?). my wifes girlfriend intended to view this car but we were not able to contact the owner direct instead viewed other MR-S in showrooms.

bullet_nos, does your friend have the culprit's handphone no/address? his pretext of buying the car? there arent that many black mr-s (manual).

stay safe. stay vigilant, any cars are targets in light with the upcoming ruling of not having "salvage cars" / "half cuts" being enforced.

ben! and please do not use my name in vain.

Last edited:

bullet_nos

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2004
PeeJay

Yep bro, it was really careless on his part to have done so, seriously if it were me, i would hold the guys IC in my hands and still SIT beside him all the way. I love my car too much man.

but wat's done cnt be undone. We can only warn those who read this that NEVER to allow ANYONE to drive yr car alone unless it's a risk u can take (like yr wife...u dun let her u lagi die :biggrin:).

about the insurance, just to highlight, IF u mentioned in your police report that you Handed over yr car keys to the Person...he drove off...U CANNOT CLAIM. i'm in the car insurance line for more than 5 years, i've come across a case whereby car owner leaves his car at a car wash (HARRIER), later come back and found his car gone, cos the attendant handed the car to another 'owner'...CANNOT CLAIM.

bcos car theft can only be claimed if it was stolen without yr knowledge (eg: u park in carpark, come back, it's gone), or by forcible/violent means (eg: points a gun at u, u hand over the keys). u cannot claim due to your negligence: leave yr car keys in the key hole...leave yr engine running outside 7-eleven while u go down to buy cigarettes...

as long as u handed yr keys over willingly or left it there in which others can access it easily, cannot claim.

So in this instance, IMHO, Cannot Claim.

Can try, but of cos, it's gonna be tough.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

i have help friends seaching for MR-S (because they intend to purchase a 2 door car) & i do encourage the actual owners to tag along for test drive.

i believe this black MR-S car was advertised in some forums & it appears to use a 3rd party to conduct the sale (yes, no?). my wifes girlfriend intended to view this car but we were not able to contact the owner direct instead viewed other MR-S in showrooms.

bullet_nos, does your friend have the culprit's handphone no/address? his pretext of buying the car? there arent that many black mr-s (manual).

stay safe. stay vigilant, any cars are targets in light with the upcoming ruling of not having "salvage cars" / "half cuts" being enforced.

ben! and please do not use my name in vain.
yes, this guy's fren said a 'fren' aka culprit is interested...said want to buy CASH smor...so tempted liow la...:stupid: too excited i tink...:banghead:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
yes, this guy's fren said a 'fren' aka culprit is interested...said want to buy CASH smor...so tempted liow la...:stupid: too excited i tink...:banghead:
if that culprit is represented/recomended by his friend (by contact or direct phone) he should as how this *culprit surface? is wiseman vincent was the alleged driver who drove off??

trying to piece together the incident. cause only with proper verification I can forward this to the other community for lookout.

the network of the local MR-S community streches north to south malaysia.
once with verification of source i will post over other sites. thanks

[edit] I now remember meeting edward. It's his black MR-S

Last edited: