Toyota CT15B Turbo fast spooling mod

• Updates: New Bump Button / Bigger Fonts / Thread Thumbnails added to all forum channels / Explore Similar Threads after reading any post / Dark Mode selectable via header lightbulb / Bigger text / Navigation bar Updated / Try Dark Mode - Select Light / Dark from the footer area / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved as we speak - May 19 2020 0000hrs (Post your feedback here: FAQ Help)

Mitevo7

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
Dear All,

While i am enjoying the smoothness of stock 1JZGTE VVTI, i think its time to move up the notch on the power side. Just checking on possible mods that help the CT15B spool faster for maximum pleasure.

Thanks,
Ken

marsha1l_v6

5 Year | Silver

marsha1l_v6

5 Year | Silver
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
you can improve response by shifting abit late. Next gear shift, you still in power band.

possible mod? billet fin and bb shaft. but it only marginally. you'll achieve xx bar boost probably few hundred rpm early.

go dyno and figure out what do u need/want. fine tune fueling etc, then work from there.

Mitevo7

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
you can improve response by shifting abit late. Next gear shift, you still in power band.

possible mod? billet fin and bb shaft. but it only marginally. you'll achieve xx bar boost probably few hundred rpm early.

go dyno and figure out what do u need/want. fine tune fueling etc, then work from there.
Sorry to disappoint but i am rolling in automatic tranny. I read about this quick spool valve online, do you think its' advisable then modifying the fin and bb shaft ?

marsha1l_v6

5 Year | Silver

marsha1l_v6

5 Year | Silver
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry to disappoint but i am rolling in automatic tranny. I read about this quick spool valve online, do you think its' advisable then modifying the fin and bb shaft ?
heard before about the qsv. Usually use at big twin scroll turbo which come in boost later at 4k rpm or so. theres a risk too if the butterfly snapped and suck into turbo.

Mitevo7

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
heard before about the qsv. Usually use at big twin scroll turbo which come in boost later at 4k rpm or so. theres a risk too if the butterfly snapped and suck into turbo.
Anyone particular on know to do this QSV mod on stock CT15B ? I've got boost at low 2.5 RPM its just that pressure is not high enough. Furthermore the gearing of the auto tranny and power loss hinders its acceleration.

Mitevo7

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
manual transplant~~ owai
The freaking gearbox is about the same cost as my engine, makes no sense to do so. I am not racing this thing on track either haha

Last edited:

Mitevo7

Mitevo7

Jan 14, 2008
ohh yours is off a crown
Yup, i believe it is extremely rare to find any 1JZGTE-VVTI mated with manual from the junkyard. Well even if there's one i wouldn't pick it up as this car is also driven by my GF.