Toyota A340E Auto - Improve shifting signal for faster input

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Dear All,

Last Saturday i successfully integrated the semi automatic mode to my E46 converted with 1JZ with A340E automatic transmission. The car's gear changes can be controlled with flip of the gearknob. Everything else is perfect except for the input signal. I noticed that downshift signal is just right but the upshift signal is a bit retard, like there's a delay of 1 sec before the gearbox respond to shift.

From what i gathered, the stock ECU does retard the upshift signal for whatever protection purposes. My question is can we improve the input signal so that the gear upshift can be faster ? I am not expecting modern day auto GB upshift speed, needed may be lesser delay when i pulled the gearknob down for upshift.

Thanks,
Ken

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thats venturing into the 'black magic' aka electronic tuning territoty.

There is this guy on FB i think called Repair ECU 1 Malaysia. U can try to contact him, Steven i think is his name.

I did contact him once when i want to disable the immobiliser in my waja after it fails. Didnt proceed with it as i manage to source for 2nd hand unit.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Thats venturing into the 'black magic' aka electronic tuning territoty.

There is this guy on FB i think called Repair ECU 1 Malaysia. U can try to contact him, Steven i think is his name.

I did contact him once when i want to disable the immobiliser in my waja after it fails. Didnt proceed with it as i manage to source for 2nd hand unit.
Yeah i already in contact with him, no luck, he can't help me :(

Thanks,
Ken

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Is the gb still controlled by the tcu? If yes let me ask my friend. He has the programming tool for bmw
The gb is controlled by 1JZ ECU including the semi-auto mode. OK let me know, it would be great if i can increase the responsiveness of shift up command.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The gb is controlled by 1JZ ECU including the semi-auto mode. OK let me know, it would be great if i can increase the responsiveness of shift up command.
ah then he can't help. He plugs into the OBD2 to program the bimmers he handles so he can't help you there.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
ah then he can't help. He plugs into the OBD2 to program the bimmers he handles so he can't help you there.
As far as i researched, i will need after market TCU for my mods. Any representative in Malaysia that sell this kind of device? And i might need 1JZGTE VVTI manual ECU to replace the Auto ECU.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Sorry man, I don't know anyone who has ventured into the dark arts of auto gb modification.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Sorry man, I don't know anyone who has ventured into the dark arts of auto gb modification.
:dontknow: Alright then i shall walk that path first, if i succeeded i will share here.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
:dontknow: Alright then i shall walk that path first, if i succeeded i will share here.
Very long time ago i watched an episode of car modding channel from US. It was during Pimp My Ride era.
The modder installed a seperate TCU unit complete with custom gear lever and console area so the normal autobox can be driven manually. They did so to make the car easy to drive daily for the mum and fun for the dad.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Very long time ago i watched an episode of car modding channel from US. It was during Pimp My Ride era.
The modder installed a seperate TCU unit complete with custom gear lever and console area so the normal autobox can be driven manually. They did so to make the car easy to drive daily for the mum and fun for the dad.
I can drive my E46 manually with the autobox, its only the signal seems retarded when i shift up. I think the simplest way is to increase the signal strength so the gearbox can react faster to my shift command.

Seperate TCU is most likely needed but if can i would like to check if i can manipulate the signal first or not.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Overseas mod seems they can get original parts for old old cars even, or worse case can custom.....

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Overseas mod seems they can get original parts for old old cars even, or worse case can custom.....
Overseas also more open minded when it comes to mod, they even modified old autobox in their muscle cars to handle 800hp. They are also fans of sequential gearbox.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

ANyone heard of this brand ? I am planning to get Card Immobiliser to be install
in my car ...and i see varios of brand available and most of the function are the same but price wise.....Big Diffrent here is some of the quote get from the asking results varios shop near puchong area

1. Black Mamba (RM288 + RM80)
2. Power Guard (RM600) ---the look od this device 95% same as Black Mamba
3. True Guard (RM900) --this one claimed that US product ..but i search thru the net and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience