Top overhaul guide

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
I don't know about Shah Alam. My recommendation is in Kepong. One of our more popular GRA racers Mitch Chong's workshop. The fella is reliable plenty. Just don't let him poison you into turning your car into a GRA racer. :biggrin: (seriously - he's good)

GRA- Grass Racing Autosport ??

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
yup..

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Hi guys,

Talking about engine balancing. i still dont understand the concept.
I heard engine internal can be only do balancing 3 times(i assume is only the crankshaft part only).

Let say i'm going to DIY, Which part i should sent to engineering shop?

I should send :
1. Crankpully
2. Crankshaft
3. Flywheel
4. Conrod
5. Piston ( need to send with piston ring inside also?)
6. Camshaft with it's pulley?( This part needed?)
7. Torque Converter ( let say i drive auto, this part also need to sent?:biggrin:)
8. Or gearbox itself also need to send to balance?:confused:
9. Clutch plate with it;s cover

Is there a few type of balancing? like semi balancing, high speed balancing?
Wait - you're talking about balancing right for an auto? Let me share my own experience :

1. & 2: Crankpulley - Yes but make sure you choose a final item. The original pulley will break eventually and if you swap it out then it'll be out of balance. So if you decide to go for an aftermarket pulley, make sure you buy that then send it for balancing together with your crankshaft. Since the crankshaft is out as well, hook it up with the torque convertor for balancing.

The rest no need la. Auto where got flywheel one?

Balancing is like this - if you've never seen an Evo balancing shaft, you should go find one just to play with it for 5 minutes. Try rocking this shaft and leave it to rock side to side by itself and you'll see why it's called the "Balancing" shaft. It'll keep rocking by itself for a good 5 minutes before it completely stops moving. Try doing that with any other sort of shaft and see.

So now imagine if your gb, crankshaft and pulley are all balanced perfectly and can spin on their own momentum for longer periods of times, less stress on the engine and easier revs. The difference between a perfectly balanced engine and a not balanced one is very easily seen on the revs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Stylo International will be joining hands with the 2011 Malaysian Formula One Petronas Grand Prix as a base to take the Malaysian leg of the Ford Models Supermodel of the World search to the next level.

The winner will get the opportunity to represent the country at the finals in New York City and be in the running to bag a contract with Ford...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience