Top mount intercooler

wabbott

May 4, 2016
Wellington
Hi guys,

I'm probably going to head down the route of a TD04-19T turbo and stainless steel top mount intercooler piping. The pre-made Airtrek pipe kits here in NZ cost approx $1300! I was thinking of going down to an exhaust shop and asking them to fabricate something for me, would this work or does anyone have any opinions about using exhaust pipes. Really appreciate the feedback.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Too bad I don't sell it anymore... I remembered last time I was selling only NZD155 (RM450) without including postage.... else it will save you tons.

Yes try to get the exhaust fabricator/installer do it for you.

weiye

Jan 26, 2014
Singapore
I think alot of the treks do go to the exhaust shops to customise the intercooler pipes, either from stainless steel or aluminium. As long as their workmanship is nice, there are not issues. Saves alot from the NZD$1300!

jesam

Known Member
Jul 8, 2015
cyprus
Hey weiye why not go with fmic still use the turbo that you want..most kits are not to bad on price and very easy to install you dont have to go to big on the size of the intercooler .. but if dont want to do that have the pipes fabricate out of aluminium better heat dispersal :driver: but stop and think about what you are looking for out of your trek if you want more power then fmic is the way to go but we all have are own plans for the trek.. anyways good trekking :burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys
anyone using these PU foams in the car??..
i am just wondering how many brands are there out there?..whats the different between the expensive and cheap one...

heard expensive ca go up to RM600 per car..while some around RM100 ..

anyone have any comment of this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience