1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Top 10 Budget Coupe under RM30,000

Discussion in 'News and Features' started by Kevin Lee, Oct 18, 2011.

1. - D i a b l o -

- D i a b l o - Senior Member

w124 ce with JZ engine = win!

2. potgas.d.ace

potgas.d.ace 5 Year | Silver

I presumed it belongs to the same owner of the 70's corona?

3. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee 5 Year | Silver

yes it does, he has other cars, beyond that! i think 5 or 6, he just wants to sells it, because he saw a classic bike that catches his eyes

4. BLaCkHoWLiNG

BLaCkHoWLiNG '(^^)|Most Awesome Member

Fiat Coupes - 40k+
    RX7 FC3s - 32-45k
    AE85 / 86 - RM 40k to 80k
    Celica ST202-ST205 - RM 40k-60k

Perhaps RD2, Ford "Sampan", DA6, RX12, etc yes..

Unless it's a scrap car or a rusty chassis with screwed up engine that cant start

5. Kevin Lee

fiat coupe goes less than 30k now, thats the latest price update

Cars for sale in Malaysia: fiat coupe - Mudah.my

even the turbo version can be had for 28k, as per list.

the rest, all depends on luck. if you see one, its ur luck. i do not vouch for the condition of the cars as said in many lines

6. - D i a b l o -

How about Z31? can get below 10k.. LOL JK

7. Kevin Lee

anything is possible if you look hard enough diablo. its no suprise when my friend paid rm7k for a complete datsun fairlady 240z.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

anything is possible if you look hard enough diablo. its no suprise when my friend paid rm7k for a complete datsun fairlady 240z.

[​IMG]

8. BLaCkHoWLiNG

BLaCkHoWLiNG '(^^)|Most Awesome Member

sure... go ahead and buy the <30k ones... chances of repairing the car and making it >40k is very high.. i.e. engine transplant, chassis transplant... bla bla... that excludes the cost of time... oh well, different people different thinking... especially for those who are full time doing it for the passion... ;)

9. - D i a b l o -

hehe i also not today restore classics bro.. my personal workhorse also collectors car. pay peanuts you get monkeys..

10. Kevin Lee

im confused, how does this relate to the 30k coupe posting?

all my lists has been, indicative prices of how much a car can go. its up to you to spot the problems and identify if its alright to proceed. i am not responsible any choices you make. this is an indicative suggestion list, thats it

11. - D i a b l o -

Hahah take it easy man..just pulling your tail. Nothing to do with 30k coupe posting i am just trolling.

What i'm implying is..for such a car and to pay so little it's bound to be a very expensive project. Not saying the car you chose is not within the 30k budget.

But then again ah..some of the cars there exceeds 30k..we're talking market price right? low-priced cars are almost sure to inherit some problems

12. Kevin Lee

yeah well

DIY guys like izso, loves grease, engine oil and dirt. i bet he would totally wet his hands with lubricant and work on the car. thats what labour of love is!!

im sure he would buy the cheaper car and use his own labour time, to compensate for the monetary differences, where he can go makan seafood other time, hahahah

13. - D i a b l o -

He would buy la..not most of us leh

What makes you think I dont do the work myself..because most of us do it ourselves la we know how expensive it can be bro..geddit?

In a more serious constructive note, you should consider a car based on its original state and performance..and how it depreciate over the years..the maintanence aspect of it.. almost every car you choose sure need to restore this restore that..ai meh

14. Kevin Lee

yah thats gonna be a mouthful to write. thinking the top 10 list is one thing!! but id look into it , in future list writing

15. arrowhead

arrowhead Senior Member

oops my bad. =Pp

16. skazareth

skazareth Senior Member

Just want to correct a bit. Coupe can be 4 doors as well (like merc CLS class for instance). Just to share.:biggrin: And yes, that black one IS 4 door and NOT coupe at all.

Dear Kevin, frankly spkg I like ur writing especially when it comes to restorations and stuffs. But this one is a bit.. i dunno. I enjoy reading with less comment (if i think no need to) but this one a bit "lari" tune.

First, the price for those cars most of them are not under 30K by average. I am agree with Blackhowling bcs he stated the price realistically. You keep saying by luck, by chance, keep mudah-ing, but i think (my humble opinion lah) if u saying luck will get u those car for under 30, i can say i bought R34 for 30 mooons ago because i am lucky to have a rich friend selling me that kinda price. My cousin in Aussie sold his imprezza S204 to me for 50 because..i am lucky he felt the car is rubbish. See.. the luck term does not play the roll well here or almost anywhere. By taking average price would do more justice to readers.

Second, how can u say that black integra is 2-drs coupe before checking it? Coupe, seriously? And the price for it nearly 30k before shipping. Ok, we maybe have Sabahan readers, i cant argue with that.

Come on bro..i know u can do better than this, seriously. Please, forgive me if i'm a bit harsh this time. Very2 sorry. But I' love to read better stuff.

Peace bro..:wavey:

17. Kevin Lee

CLS is in theory the world first 4 door coupe, then came the audi a5 and a7. or even bmw x6, which is more suv anyways.

well i saw the photos and from that angle, looked like a coupe. i apologise. but then again, i did say, da to dc, so the spectrum is wide! but isnt da6 a good choice too? hmmm. thats why i corrected in the end and putted a da6 photo instead of a dc2 to be less misleading.

18. Charles

Charles I brake very late....

2220X is a 4 door, use to see that car around damai area but now dunno where it is.

19. Kevin Lee

Thanks for the heads up charles! Appreciated

20. amirmambo

amirmambo Senior Member

Affordable cars !! For newcomers with basic income hahahaha weeeeee :idea: :biggrin: