Too high tire pressure can cause body vibration?

C99D-MMC5537

Known Member
Jan 9, 2008
My advise is, we should have our own pressure gauge. Some petrol station pump reading not reliable. Last week fill my tyre at shell petrol station. Set the pump at 35psi. After finish pump I will double check the pressure using my own pressure gauge at it show almost 40psi.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Tyre don't have expiry date, only have warranty period.
Dude, everything got it owns expiry date include human. What the sifu asking is the manufacturer date. Just want to know whether the tyre is still healthy and not that old.

Change your tyre = "Current date" Minus "Manufacturer date"** > 5 years

**Manufacturer date shows at tyre [2111] translate as the 21 weeks of year 2011 hence the tyre's age is 3years and 4 months up-to-date.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
is the tyre approaching its expiry date?
According to him still new....:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Ithimk he meant if the tires are too old. Mine are 2013 tires
Oh! you replied here....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

My advise is, we should have our own pressure gauge. Some petrol station pump reading not reliable. Last week fill my tyre at shell petrol station. Set the pump at 35psi. After finish pump I will double check the pressure using my own pressure gauge at it show almost 40psi.
Digital pump? So far I tried a few Petron ones they are accurate, but the analog ones are not...

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Dude, everything got it owns expiry date include human. What the sifu asking is the manufacturer date. Just want to know whether the tyre is still healthy and not that old.

Change your tyre = "Current date" Minus "Manufacturer date"** > 5 years

**Manufacturer date shows at tyre [2110] translate as the 21 weeks of year 2011 hence the tyre's age is 3years and 4 months up-to-date.
Yup, whether we call it warranty date or expiry date, the tyre still have a lifespan of about 5 years only from manufacturing date. I just changed my SUV tyre date 2009, now 2014. Pattern still have about 40% but fine crack lines already appearing on the sidewall, rubber also have harden....

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Toyo & Michelin warranty period = 6 years
Other brand = 5 years

So any tyre after the period not able to made warranty claim, but doesn't mean the tyre cannot use.
It depend on tyre condition, imagine why some car their tyre still have so many RTD(remain tread depth) after 5 year, because they selfdom use on the road. That the main reason why tyre rubber crack on tread/sidewall.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Other brand = 5 years

So any tyre after the period not able to made warranty claim, but doesn't mean the tyre cannot use.
It depend on tyre condition, imagine why some car their tyre still have so many RTD(remain tread depth) after 5 year, because they selfdom use on the road. That the main reason why tyre rubber crack on tread/sidewall.
So after 5 years and tyre got crack lines you will still use?:hmmmm:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
According to him still new....:driver:

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Oh! you replied here....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Digital pump? So far I tried a few Petron ones they are accurate, but the analog ones are not...

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

Yup, whether we call it warranty date or expiry date, the tyre still have a lifespan of about 5 years only from manufacturing date. I just changed my SUV tyre date 2009, now 2014. Pattern still have about 40% but fine crack lines already appearing on the sidewall, rubber also have harden....
Ya, a tyre has serve you more than 3years consider good enough and it started harden especially those park at open parking during office hour. Better change it than say sorry later.

Other brand = 5 years

No matter how good the condition of the tyre is still cannot compare to a brand new one. Sometimes, if you understand the rubber band concept, it will putus directly after put there for a long period of time. That why an experience and smart owner always purchase the latest date of rubber products (spare parts) such as tyre, rubber glove, aircond belt, etc .

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
So after 5 years and tyre got crack lines you will still use?:hmmmm:
Bro, as I mentioned, it depend on tyre condition, if no crack or whatever abnormal, the tyre still can use even after warranty period.
if u happen to work in Truck/Lorry company, may be u will know, because all those big tyre are using old aged tyre for rethread.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro, as I mentioned, it depend on tyre condition, if no crack or whatever abnormal, the tyre still can use even after warranty period.
if u happen to work in Truck/Lorry company, may be u will know, because all those big tyre are using old aged tyre for rethread.
If you compare a tyre that have been stored for 5 years and used for 5 years they are totally different. But even if stored for 5 years I would not buy them.

How to compare passenger car tyres to trucks. Trucks still using retread, passenger car hardly anymore, and truck tyres comes with 8 plies or more. Anyway on your comment I still see many truck having their tyre changed on the highway, many of them exploded, could be due to overload or just the tyres are too old and they keep reusing to save cost. I have friend in trucking business too, and most still used retread but are for the rear only. Front tyres they still use new, then when bald and retreaded they are put to the rear.
Passenger car 2 plies only, and if got cracks they are easier to explode....

dekaiser

Known Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If you compare a tyre that have been stored for 5 years and used for 5 years they are totally different. But even if stored for 5 years I would not buy them.

How to compare passenger car tyres to trucks. Trucks still using retread, passenger car hardly anymore, and truck tyres comes with 8 plies or more. Anyway on your comment I still see many truck having their tyre changed on the highway, many of them exploded, could be due to overload or just the tyres are too old and they keep reusing to save cost. I have friend in trucking business too, and most still used retread but are for the rear only. Front tyres they still use new, then when bald and retreaded they are put to the rear.

me too...i won't buy tires which are more than 5 years old...just my practice...just to be safe...had a few experience with expired tires...and indeed it wasn't a pleasant thing to endure...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Speaking of exploding tyres, I recall these old Achilles Tornado el-cheapo tyres I was using on my old car. Lasted 3 years and wear was minimal on the tyre, easily still had 70% thread left. City driving no issues until one day drove outstation and the tyre burst just 30 minutes into the journey on the highway. Perhaps I didn't tax the tyre enough while driving in the city, heat build up and old worn rubber finally gave up on the highway? Speed was 110km/h.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Speaking of exploding tyres, I recall these old Achilles Tornado el-cheapo tyres I was using on my old car. Lasted 3 years and wear was minimal on the tyre, easily still had 70% thread left. City driving no issues until one day drove outstation and the tyre burst just 30 minutes into the journey on the highway. Perhaps I didn't tax the tyre enough while driving in the city, heat build up and old worn rubber finally gave up on the highway? Speed was 110km/h.
Wah! 3 years only ah! Maybe hit something? Under inflated?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Wawawawa, izso you blew a tyre at highway speeds you still can post here today ah? What a miracle!:eek:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Tyre don't have expiry date, only have warranty period.
that is not completely true. All manufacture will have tires (rubber) expiry date, and its vary according to maker...this is in regards sold or unsell old stock tires....

I once encounter problem where bought a set of Pirelli tires....from my auntie home town 'friend'....within couple months i used, whenever masuk concern....rear wheel was like boat (only happen when masuk corner)...

Due to the shop distance (from KL) i brought directly to Pirelli to do 'claim'...that time still know nothing much about car :mad::mad::mad:....

I was told by Pirelli the tires already 7 or 9 years old....based on their system code (not manufacturing code)....their default rubber warranty was like 6-7 years....so can't claim...just got to throw and buy new one :bawling::bawling:

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Tires Expire in Six Years - Tire Safety Group

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

You just got to trust tyre sifu bro. :rofl: No wonder some people can use tyre until 10 years also don't change :rofl:

Then when tyre explode or involve in accident, blame tyre not good :rofl:

Even rubber band will harden after some time...:rolleyes:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car which engine is mitsubishi 4G91
at 90km/h the RPM already 3K
which i think is quite high

is it possible to change my 5th gear to make 3K rpm at 100-110km/h???
because i travel quite alot at high way therefore can help me to save some fuel also

where got forman can do it??

roughly how much will it be??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience