1. Hello! We've made major changes to both the Forums and Marketplace section recently. Please join the discussion and tell us your feedback! Read Here for urgent matters, send an email to forums@zerotohundred.com | Update: User Like count is back | Current Progress: Adding improvments to The Marketplace
    Dismiss Notice

to remove and replace waja door handle

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself Garage' started by scoupe, Aug 31, 2009.

1. scoupe

scoupe Senior Member

hey guys, my waja door handle broke yesterday.. im going to go get a new one but i need to know how to install it.. seems easy but im not sure my self.. its the handle outside the car..

2. lonelylilpig

lonelylilpig Senior Member

Better u send to workshop bro, if u make a simple mistake u have to remove the hole door panel...
    If u're good enough there's a trick to replace it without remove the door handle. It only requires a long 2" philip head screw driver, 1 ( not sure size 10 mm / 12 mm ) allen key, 1 bright enough torch light and good skill in hole digging.
    The hole is locate at the side of the door.

3. keisukosan

keisukosan Senior Member

lonelylilpig say is right...if u wan do urself than u can try it with skill have teach u

4. scoupe

scoupe Senior Member

i heard about that screw thing on the side of the door.. anymore info u can provide me with?? i rather do by my self cause it saves me the hassel of sending the car to workshop..

5. lonelylilpig

my advise better send it to workshop. If u accidentally unfasten the bolt too much u'll get 10x more hassle !!!

6. scoupe

scoupe Senior Member

i have successfully changed the handle my self.. i did not remove the screw instead i cracked the old handle and removed it.. the new one fits well.. the difficult part was removing the old one.. the new one just slides into place..

7. lonelylilpig

Congrats !! Do u adjust the sensitivity of the door lever ?

8. keisukosan

keisukosan Senior Member

good job,u got a new exp with it.. :smokin:

9. scoupe

scoupe Senior Member

erm no.. i left the sensitivity as original.. i think the difficult part here is removing the old handle.. the new handle took 10sec to put in..

10. Vistrik

Vistrik 5 Year | Silver

my door waja handle also broke yesterday. can u explain step by step to do it and what tool to use. really apppriacate it....

11. scoupe

scoupe Senior Member

its like this la.. i tried removing it properly but it took forever.. then i resorted to just cracking the old handle and removing it.. cause installing the new one is a very simple procedure.. just put the latch into the socket, and cue the handle in a angle into the door.. hope it helps..