To New Beginnings

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Classic car AP, can, cannot sell the car for 5 years.. but it means the car must be at least 25 years old...Those Porsche 930s are so, damn, expensive.

Those R32s are expensive as hell too.

What else to buy that's cheap and awesome?
If can get AP to import classic one, I'd probably try to get the EC5A Super VR4 with the 6A13TT in manual. That is my 2nd favorite JDM sedan after the Evo. That should not be too expensive like CE9A Evo.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Can keep a few cars loh.....hhahhahaha
I had 2 Lancers at that time, one was that 1996 GTI and the other was the older 1991 GTI with 4G67. Cannot have more than 2 coz no car park anymore. Afterwards since no news anymore of the Satria GTI, I sold off the 1991 GTI and bought a 1993 Galant with 4G63 like yours but NA. Kept those until I sold them off in 2007 before I came to Malaysia.

Last edited:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
HI All,

I think its time for Proton to penetrate the global market...already wasted too much time and resources

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
HI All,

I think its time for Proton to penetrate the global market...already wasted too much time and resources
Haven’t seen you around here in a while. Please stay, I need more people to terrorize.

Proton can’t penetrate now with their existing products. Unless they rebrand lotus ones as a budget offering. Nobody in the world would buy their current rubbish.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
HI Ixeo.

Terrorize? haha..let see

What we can see from Proton is people behind it lack of PASSION.

I'm sure Geely will bring in their model, or in other words marketing out what they have, and Proton will be their local assembly partner sort of.

Come on Proton, 1.8T sedan please..sporty design.. enuff with conti design hahaha

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Most are already in shit condition already! :biggrin: Even when I sold mine back in 2007, it was already very rare to find one as good as mine!
The fate of those Lancers are like Wira over here. Perhaps worse because Wira is produced way into year 2000s but that Lancer has been discontinued before year 2000.
Your connection is powerful then.....:driver:
You also know that person. Our friend who drives R32, hehehe. He said before long ago that he got ways to get cars via classic AP.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
HI Ixeo.

Terrorize? haha..let see

What we can see from Proton is people behind it lack of PASSION.

I'm sure Geely will bring in their model, or in other words marketing out what they have, and Proton will be their local assembly partner sort of.

Come on Proton, 1.8T sedan please..sporty design.. enuff with conti design hahaha
Or maybe the people in Proton has passion, just limited by the crony suppliers.

The Lotus Elise mk1 was sold for 21k GBP in 1996, that's 22 years ago. Take that base, slap on a Proton design, put in a Proton engine, and price it for 21k GBP today, and I guarantee you it will sell. It will out-Caterham the Caterham (if you don't get this, find out what is the Caterham car based on). It will out roadster the MX-5.

R&D for the Elise is already sunk cost, the manufacturing is already mature, and you can further optimise it (seriously been building the same base for 22 years).

What Proton needs, is to ride on Lotus, like how Tudor rides on Rolex, and be a baby Lotus.

The car won't be mainstream, it will be the toy all of us want to have for the weekend, and price accordingly. But what it will get is a.Reputation which Proton really needs outside of Malaysia. b.Brand recognition.

Why Elise? Because it doesn't matter if Proton don't know how to put a car together properly, that car rattles anyway.

This is something that can be done in 12 months, and if you are aggressive, 6 months. You guys may not know but the original Elise Mk1, went from nothing to production in under 27 months.

Reactions: YEBWOY27 and 6UE5t

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
The fate of those Lancers are like Wira over here. Perhaps worse because Wira is produced way into year 2000s but that Lancer has been discontinued before year 2000.

You also know that person. Our friend who drives R32, hehehe. He said before long ago that he got ways to get cars via classic AP.
money talks, he mention go japan choose ur ride.
show him ur money, he show u the lobang...lol , jokes lah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as I see from caburator engine, the intake of the air got a pipe which is connected to the ezos piping area
and I think the purpose is to suck in hot air to the caburator is it???
then y we change to cool air??

i need convince!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience