Titan Shocks

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi All,

Anyone used Titan shocks on their MR2 before?
My car using a serviced Tein. It is bouncing like a rabbit. Especially on highways, i look like a clown on springs......Is this normal???

Titan looks good :)

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
you can set the teins to be softer right?

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
well, can't after service, they changed the chrome stem to the normal type because the old one got scratches. The shop will not provide warranty because the old stem might damage the seals causing it to leak again. So, now its non-adjustable.

but i think the bounciness is caused by the shocks being too soft. I'm not sure.

anyway, can't do anything because after service, they will not do anything else to it unless it leaks.

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
i also got the same problem...my right front d2 absorber bouncing like crazy on bumpy road...like the car wanna jump already...i cant speed during bumpy road...my absorber got soft-hard..but adjusting to max stiff still doesn't solve the problem...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
How much does titan shocks cost roughly anyway? I've been wanting to buy it for sometime also...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Only Titan themselves have it. Its all custom made for whatever cars you wanna put it on, but I cant seem to find the price for my car... Maybe I should call them :biggrin:

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
I did call them, they were very helpful and asked me to go there for a quote. The only problem for me is its far away. Its in Pandan Perdana i think, around cheras area. After fitting, there will be a chance that you have to go back a few more time for minor adjustments. So, this and the price, is kind of holding me back. I am estimating the price to be around rm3.8k

however, if someone here has tried it before and it handles like a BMW after that! OMG, i'm driving there tomorrow!

gwumpkus

Jan 4, 2010
Singapore
couldnt see the first link...but assuming its about the shocks breaking!!..thats worrying...:)... hmmm... will go do a little mroe research..or sticking to bilsteins/tokico...

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
now that you remind me, i think i did read before of the brackets for titan breaking. Yes, i can imagine the catastrophe of something like that happening. I would imagine that things like these could happen to any shocks as well right?

hmm, tough decision now. definitely need a good set of suspension...but what?

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Oblivion, I hv used TiTan suspension set and still using it. Its excellent performance with some degree of comfort. Have never had bracket problem. Only the rubber boot got torn easily after many moon of use. In fact you can get it serviced every year at a small cost for 4 pcs set. Only thing is that it has not being recognised internationally. Product quality wise is not like Teins but it is good enough if not better in performance and ride comfort. Plus point is that all the 4 shockers have camber adjustment so you can rest assure of those hell breaker / kamakasi aftermarket so called camber bolt sets that were being made in some backyard machine shop in million pieces monthly.
I have use Tein "Flex" HL full adj. type but I had one absorber failed and leaking oil. Where did you get yours serviced? Mind let me know?
Comparing Tein with TiTan, TiTan is more smoother and comfortable evethough it has 16 steps to adj. the shockers. Drawback with TiTan is that you need to visit them a couple of times before you settle for the right setting of your choice. Btw they keep improving their design and product from time to time. A set will cost more that Teins from the chop shop. Your choice.:driver:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Oh then again I forgot to add...

If they break often, I dont think their rep is going to be very good still :biggrin:. Im guessing these are just unlucky dudes... haha

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
woohoo, finally a Titan user! Thank you so much for your analysis.

yes, in fact, i am currently considering Tein Flex or Titan :P There is one set of Tein's on sale, but you know, second hand unit, can't really be 100% sure. If it leaks again, then i'll be back to my current setup :P

I got it serviced at my regular mechanic. Unfortunately, after servicing, it will cost additional to readjust the stiffness of it, so i just leave it. Hoping to save up for a set of new shocks instead. I wouldn't recommend getting yoru Tein's serviced by an independant party. Better spend a bit more and send it to N1 who are the authorized service centre.

when i was using the Tein HA, i seldom adjusted it anyway. In fact, i think its because of my adjustment ( making it stiffer ) which caused it to leak! and once it leaked, it was as soft a butter :P

for me, i would prefer a comfortable ride compared to horse riding. I am not a track person, at least not with the mr2 :) , so i do not need super hard suspension for cornering.

Again, thanks for your comments, i'll consider Titan more favourably now :)

cheers!

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Actually there are many TiTan user, I hv seen at their place when I went there to get my set serviced, you name it from normal Nissan Sunny to some mean machine. Just because it is locally made does not mean that it is no good. It is made by people who have the passion in motor sport and achievement. So if you are after performance with comfort ride, I would say TiTan is one of them, I believe there is another local suspension maker, I think is HWL but I hv not tried it, 1 set is more than enough. Already have a bad experience with Teins anyway was a chop shop set and quite new when bought. Probably a bit fragile. I do not understand why it leaks oil after a short useage.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

normal waja with rear extra brake light , aka 4th and 5th brake light is actually the fog light .
actually , there is anothe rhidden light in proton waja rear light socket . the middle one . durign braking ,it is the only light that doens't light up . but proton provided a 2 filamen type of bulb for that socket . so ...nto to waste the bulb ... i did this thign , i drill another hole . connect the wire inside the socket . and during braking , i will ahve all the red lights up when i am...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience