Tire Price list Zth

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Bought in January. 8 months I guess? Not sure how long it sat in the tyre rack though.
Check the manufacturing date of the tyre. The month you bought might not be the same for the age of the tyre. Especially if you bought them at a best price. :biggrin:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Is it on the tyre itself? Would go and have a look on it later.
Best price? I have a feeling about that too.

Also, what's the average lifespan of Kumho tyres?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Is it on the tyre itself? Would go and have a look on it later.
Best price? I have a feeling about that too.
If you are buying a tyre way cheaper than many other workshops. That's where u have to be careful.
I kena once before. Tyre cheap and + balancing but not including alignment. Fine, but I got con for installing those camber screw. Tyres RM90 a piece X 4 only RM360. Total I end up spending RM500.

If u see tyre cheap, just buy them but get the alignment done elsewhere. If u want to do it on the spot also can, but just reject offers like installing camber screw or anything.

Usually they offer such thing just cuz trying to compensate back the price they give on the tyres.

So, going other shops is better.

2nd reason, tyres are old which is why is cheap. Yes is on the tyre itself.
Please don't mistaken the 1st two numbers as the Month & Year.
Is 2nd Week of Year 2004 instead.

Not only Kumho Tyres, Lifespan of tyres is 6 years. Which is why never buy tyres that is older than 6 years but any tyres older than 3 years also I wouldn't really get it. Unless just for normal daily commute. Below 4 years is fine if you are gonna change tyres after 2 years.

Older tyres, you can bargain for better price. As long don't exceed 4 years is best la. Buying a 6 years old tyre is already the end of the lifespan.

Just my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
If you are buying a tyre way cheaper than many other workshops. That's where u have to be careful.
I kena once before. Tyre cheap and + balancing but not including alignment. Fine, but I got con for installing those camber screw. Tyres RM90 a piece X 4 only RM360. Total I end up spending RM500.

If u see tyre cheap, just buy them but get the alignment done elsewhere. If u want to do it on the spot also can, but just reject offers like installing camber screw or anything.

Usually they offer such thing just cuz trying to compensate back the price they give on the tyres.

So, going other shops is better.

2nd reason, tyres are old which is why is cheap. Yes is on the tyre itself.
Please don't mistaken the 1st two numbers as the Month & Year.
Is 2nd Week of Year 2004 instead.
Good lord. It's a tyre from around June 2012. Saw a 2612 on it.
Also, treadwear 340, traction AA, temperature A rating? I kinda wonder how they do the traction and temperature rating.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Also, treadwear 340, traction AA, temperature A rating? I kinda wonder how they do the traction and temperature rating.
About 2 year old tyres, same as mine, Rubber is harder than before already. Due to exposure to hot weather and rain in mix. So, can't expect to perform as good as a year ago :biggrin:

But not too bad la. Mine still grip well but of course not as good as before but still acceptable hehe!

Traction AA not bad wor yet threadwear is 340 haha! That one I dunno. Wait for sifu tyre to comment on how they rate Traction and Temperature rating :biggrin:

Meaning to say your thread still got mayb 50%?

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
i don't know how many % though.
Also, yeah, it doesn't grip as well as.. Say... A few months back?
Kinda disturbs me I got the tyre at 1 half years old.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Below 2 years is okay. Cuz lifespan till 6 years ma
Hardly everyday u can get the tyre which is the same date as the day u buy.

For daily normal use is okay one. Just that if it is 2 years old tyre, best time to bargain price :smile:
If brand new. Then not much can reduce.

I got mine fresh on the same week I went. Cuz tyre just arrived haha!

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
An old shop that nobody goes. Only you hahaha. U should have checked it when they mounted it. And ask for newer ones.
The current ones I'm using? Never thought of such things. Well this is my first car anyway, so I'm learning. It was good while it lasted. Got it when my parent's previous trusted mechanic was refurbishing it for us.

Time for new tyres perhaps.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Look at the drain of the tyre, there's usually a notch or something that's inside the valley of the drain. Use a ruler or guestimate how high it is from the top of the notch to the top of the drain (the tyre outer surface. General rule is 2-3mm or more. Anything less means you're running almost threadless tyres.

Don't bother changing the tyres first, get that ARB. Then wear out the tyres :biggrin:

What kind of shop will have such old stocks of performance tyres I wonder.
Got la. The extinct Yoko AD07 and Michelin PP2 are available if you know where to look. But they usually come in really weird sizes.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Guys, does all Kumho tyres harden quickly like the KU36? I have a feeling I'm losing grip on my Ecsta's.
KU36 treadwear is 180, you sure yours is KU36?

I believe yours is KU31

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

considering dropping either a 4g93 or 4g63 into my 2001 lancer, any comments on the fit? i.e. engine mounts positioning.

and also the cost?

used to play civic so not too sure abt lancer....anyone have any workshops in jb to recommend?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience