NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Re: Tinted headlights - is it works?

vr2turbo : You know - I had this plan to want to go start a business cleaning headlights. I'd put a promo pamphlet on any car I come across with a fogged up headlight. Charge RM50 to do only and be a mobile business.

What do you think? Wanna JV? hehe

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

vr2turbo : You know - I had this plan to want to go start a business cleaning headlights. I'd put a promo pamphlet on any car I come across with a fogged up headlight. Charge RM50 to do only and be a mobile business.

What do you think? Wanna JV? hehe
Must see condition one. Some are really in bad condition. RM50 for both is really cheap......lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Must see condition one. Some are really in bad condition. RM50 for both is really cheap......lol
Cannot be too expensive otherwise no one interested. Hehe.. Ok la.. RM50.. per side.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Would like to ask who have experience doing this. Is it really works in preventing the headlight from become blurry/haze like.. I duno how to describe but i think you guys know what i mean).
applying clear film on the headlights would help prevent stone chips for sure, but it is not a permanent solution. Regular films from the sticker shops will only last briefly, depending how you drive. Thicker, purpose build films would be a wiser choice.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

applying clear film on the headlights would help prevent stone chips for sure, but it is not a permanent solution. Regular films from the sticker shops will only last briefly, depending how you drive. Thicker, purpose build films would be a wiser choice.
We are on preventing the headlamps from turning yellow/blur....:driver:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

We are on preventing the headlamps from turning yellow/blur....:driver:
Definitely have to avoid parking the car under the sun then

I really think the more the headlights are exposed to chemicals such as, certain wash shampoo, wax the faster its clarity / colour degrade

also, the moment this outer lens has been tempered by means of polishing, it too will head downhill from there and would require more regular polishing

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Definitely have to avoid parking the car under the sun then

I really think the more the headlights are exposed to chemicals such as, certain wash shampoo, wax the faster its clarity / colour degrade

also, the moment this outer lens has been tempered by means of polishing, it too will head downhill from there and would require more regular polishing
Thinking of it, could it be the heat from the headlamps, because the rear lamps clear plastic do not change color........:smokin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ

Thinking of it, could it be the heat from the headlamps, because the rear lamps clear plastic do not change color........:smokin:
so.... the only conclusion i have drawn is, we need headlight covers...... and dont drive the car at night....

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

good point, although the taillights doesn't face the sun as much as the fronts

but with today's HID / LED headlights, it's not so common anymore, although they're likely much newer.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

good point, although the taillights doesn't face the sun as much as the fronts

but with today's HID / LED headlights, it's not so common anymore, although they're likely much newer.
Nowadays, some newer tail lights have a clear cover of the red cover which is inside. If that turn yellow it will have the faded color just like in the past those fake or so called Taiwanese imitation tail lights....lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

i did polish headlight yellowish cover for x-gear. Really came off n look new. Using two bottle polish bought from tesco. Rear lamps look like 1st day i bought the car.
Lazy to recall the brand, night shift again. Wira and sentra is glass cover. :smokin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

i did polish headlight yellowish cover for x-gear. Really came off n look new. Using two bottle polish bought from tesco. Rear lamps look like 1st day i bought the car.
Lazy to recall the brand, night shift again. Wira and sentra is glass cover. :smokin:
If just yellow then easy to polish. Some will have crack marks, that will need sanding.....:smokin:

Like this one, did for a friend
20130527_144400.jpg

20130607_170645.jpg

This one not too bad...another friend
20130707_144647.jpg

20130708_161134.jpg

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

After asking a few mechanics' opinion, I have found out the auto gearbox for my Wira a/b 1.6 is going to die soon. All have suggested replacing the gearbox. Now, I have switched gearbox 3 times already, and I'm tired of that. Furthermore, the car revs more than it moves, therefore consuming a lot of petrol.

A friend's mechanic said he can replace my gearbox with a manual one at RM1700. This includes a 4G93 1.8 gearbox, gear console, pedals, flywheel, clutchplate, starter and all other...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience