Timing belt change- rb26 owners please help!

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Hiya, my gtr is currently on its way to beautiful sunny KL.... :)

I plan to do a full cambelt change.
So rb26 owners who have done it before, are the parts easy to get from Nissan Malaysia or need to be imported from Japan?
These are the parts needed probably, I prefer to keep them all OEM:
1. TIMING BELT CHANGE
2. Tensioner/idler bolts
3. Tensioner/idler pulley
4. Front crank oil seal

Also plan to install N1 water pump, I've seen a few for £70=RM350 over here.
How much are they in Msia?

Mucho gracias mi amigos :adore:

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hi mate, I just did my service last week. I just change all belt(timing, steering, a/c, fan), spark plug and coil cable(bcoz is damaged). Timig belt I go for power enterprise, other belt I used normal brand since I the mechanic said power enterprise v belt out of stock. Spark plug I choose hks super fire racing. Planning to get a okada ignition coil at future, heard that this product is very good and can make ur car become smoother~

Btw, I wish to know how much of the N1 water pump too~

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Bro Gobiz, replied your email. Hope it answers. :)

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
TQ V-spec...you got more mail! :biggrin:

I think I will keep to OEM everything except for the N1 water pump...maybe get pitwork OEM belts. Apparently OEM water pump can get cavitation at high rpms...my turbos definitely need rpms - they are laggy old turbos.

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
hey guys,anyone planning for a group buy here? need those things mentioned as well

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
the v-belts are cheap in Malaysia coz you can easilly source for bando, mitsuboshi and pittwork around easilly. Won't pay more than rm25 for each of the v-belts however on one occasion i was quoted rm120+ for the pittwork steering belt which was harder to get, prefix 3PKxxx(anything with prefix 3PK for belts are rare).

The genuine timing belt from nissan was around rm220. Tensioner and idler are each rm 110 and rm120 genuine nissan. Oil seal was around rm 10 each from nissan. It seems that nissan do stock very expensive water pump. Original RB26 waterpump(Not even N1) is around rm 600. Thermostat if you're doing it one go is around rm67 from nissan.

Let me know if you are getting the N1 waterpump, rm350 for waterpump is very very attractve price.

heterodyne

Known Member
Jul 2, 2007
yeah, these are the price from TCM unfortunately their Nissan Fast Malaysia program is kinda limited on skyline but if you know the part numbers you're good.

Suggestion: if your car is stock and standard, just get the original parts from nissan, they are pretty affordable to be honest and doesn't burn a hole in the pocket.

NeniNeniBoBo

Known Member
Jan 8, 2009
Hi mate, I just did my service last week. I just change all belt(timing, steering, a/c, fan), spark plug and coil cable(bcoz is damaged). Timig belt I go for power enterprise, other belt I used normal brand since I the mechanic said power enterprise v belt out of stock. Spark plug I choose hks super fire racing. Planning to get a okada ignition coil at future, heard that this product is very good and can make ur car become smoother~

Btw, I wish to know how much of the N1 water pump too~
Opps, since someone mention about the brand Mitsuboshi, I remember I'm using this brand for my steering, fan n a/c belt. Ive been told that this brand is cheap but durable as oem ^_^

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
AWESOME STUFF Heterodyne! Really appreciate it. You also got PM my brother :adore:

By the way, I'VE GOT NISSAN FAST ON MY PC - YIPPPEEEEE!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So if anyone needs to check any part nos I'm happy to have a look...

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
Why i missed this out?haha.Anyway I have ready stock at Malaysia for all items you stated here:

1) PITWORK RB20/25/26 Timing Belt
2) Tensioner
3) Idler Pulley
4) Front and Rear Crank Seal
5) Clutch Bearing
6) N1 Oil Pump
7) N1 Water Pump
8) PITWORK Fan Belts (A/c, Steering, Alternator)

View pics here
Engine Parts pictures by kagekispirit - Photobucket

under engine parts album :)

Last edited:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
Love it Kaminari, you got PM bro :)

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
can pm me too

PITWORK Fan Belts (A/c, Steering, Alternator)
Tensioner
Idler Pulley

inVInci8Le

Dec 11, 2008
AWESOME STUFF Heterodyne! Really appreciate it. You also got PM my brother :adore:

By the way, I'VE GOT NISSAN FAST ON MY PC - YIPPPEEEEE!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So if anyone needs to check any part nos I'm happy to have a look...
bro gobiz... u got PM.. :burnout:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My mom just recently purchased an Avanza and wanted to do V-kool tinting for it. My question is-

- Is v-kool the best tinting in Malaysia? Other suggestions?

- Where can I do it somewhere in Cheras/KL by authorised installers?

- How much will it cost to so full tinting?

Thanks for your feedbacks....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience