Thoughts on possible old vehicle scrapping policy?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think the growth rate of our auto industry seems to be growing larger and larger every year. Few days ago I even heard that Malaysia is on Honda's top 10 market in the world. Still want to move the industry faster?

True. The loan repayment period is long and if this policy is implemented, this means many people will live their lives carrying a debt if they choose to own a car. This is ridiculous. Even used car market will take a big hit from this because as a car grows older, it becomes even less valuable than before as it approaches scrapping date. :banghead:
Well, possible they are trying to push our local brand again......lol

If still working, loan can still repay, what about retired, how to buy :banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This policy if implemented in Malaysia is really done by stupid people. Our people have to work hard to pay off 9 years loan (most of us) only to scrap the car let say at the 10th year.It will get the economy going but not our people.

What the heck does we have Puspakom for?
Even with Puspakom around,we still have accident on the road and most of it involve newer car.I would say Puspakom is not used to its full potential. I can bet my 2002 Waja will pass whatever test Puspakom can throw at it,so does a new Myvi.How the heck does newer car safer than older car then?

No doubt they make it compulsory for commercial vehicle to go for yearly inspection...well,all the driver needs to do is just spray a layer of black anti rust and rent a new tyre to pass the test.

Then when accident happen,they will mention it involve old buses and the bus has plenty of outstanding summon.I tot we have authority to deal with this issue.If they let these drivers still drive on the road then they allow for the road to be a dangerous place.

the saddest thing that will happen if they impose scrappin of old vehicle is....CREATIVITY will die......One can say it will grew as newer car kept coming but trust me,there will be no more customisation and mod.
I was at this tyre shop, lorry owner came to do alignment, then overheard lorry driver talking to tyre shop owner. Tyre shop owner say that day I did the alignment already not good. Lorry Driver say good and straight but Puspakom fail, then ask me go to tyre shop nearby to redo. Show them the receipt then they pass, but my steering out that is why I come back to you to redo......hhahahhahahhahahha :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well, possible they are trying to push our local brand again......lol

If still working, loan can still repay, what about retired, how to buy :banghead:
Local brand? I guess that would be Proton since Perodua sales are as strong as ever.

Although working, few hundred ringgit a month for installment pay is still a burden especially for those tight on budget. Looking at installment monthly repayment rates, I don't think I can own any new cars as fresh grad myself. Well at most maybe the cheapest RM24k Axia manual. Way cheaper to continue driving my current car. :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I was at this tyre shop, lorry owner came to do alignment, then overheard lorry driver talking to tyre shop owner. Tyre shop owner say that day I did the alignment already not good. Lorry Driver say good and straight but Puspakom fail, then ask me go to tyre shop nearby to redo. Show them the receipt then they pass, but my steering out that is why I come back to you to redo......hhahahhahahhahahha :biggrin:
nearby shop kawtim... the rotten durian:nurse:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
nearby shop kawtim... the rotten durian:nurse:
You know, I know.......lol:rofl:

Local brand? I guess that would be Proton since Perodua sales are as strong as ever.

Although working, few hundred ringgit a month for installment pay is still a burden especially for those tight on budget. Looking at installment monthly repayment rates, I don't think I can own any new cars as fresh grad myself. Well at most maybe the cheapest RM24k Axia manual. Way cheaper to continue driving my current car. :biggrin:
That is the thing, scrap your old wira, you become burden with installments.....lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You know, I know.......lol:rofl:

That is the thing, scrap your old wira, you become burden with installments.....lol
Yeah. If scrap away old cars, I think I don't have any more motivation to mod or play with cars anymore. Dream car Impreza also cannot get already. :banghead:

Can only drive Axia and pay RM270 monthly for 9 years. :bawling:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yeah. If scrap away old cars, I think I don't have any more motivation to mod or play with cars anymore. Dream car Impreza also cannot get already. :banghead:

Can only drive Axia and pay RM270 monthly for 9 years. :bawling:
After complete installments, one year break then start all over again......lol:driver:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
One thing I don't like about govt policy for registration of classic car, is must own another 2 cars under your name. I mean like WTF. Got money only can own classic car? What if I only want to or can afford to keep 1 ?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
After complete installments, one year break then start all over again......lol:driver:
What a sad cycle if this happens. Compulsory scrapping is definitely not a win-win situation.

One thing I don't like about govt policy for registration of classic car, is must own another 2 cars under your name. I mean like WTF. Got money only can own classic car? What if I only want to or can afford to keep 1 ?
What? Is there such a ridiculous policy? This means they probably don't want people to abuse this classic car status and register their daily old car to enjoy roadtax discount.

But then again, one can just buy 2 junk condition Kancil and register them under their name. Pay for RM10 roadtax for each car and there you go, 2 cars under your name.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
What a sad cycle if this happens. Compulsory scrapping is definitely not a win-win situation.

What? Is there such a ridiculous policy? This means they probably don't want people to abuse this classic car status and register their daily old car to enjoy roadtax discount.

But then again, one can just buy 2 junk condition Kancil and register them under their name. Pay for RM10 roadtax for each car and there you go, 2 cars under your name.
More concerned about saving the car from scrapping not road tax savings. If it goes through la.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Just heard on BFM today that the policy is just only on hold until the proper infrastructure is made in place.

- Cheaper cars
- Recycling facilities
- Incentives

etc. Right now apparently they can't implement because everything would just collapse.

And this is all to allow everyone access to safer cars with better technology, and to remove unsafe cars on the road.

Total number of cars sold dropped from 2014 until now and the initial target of 10% GDP supposedly for 2017 was not achieved so this Dato fella who spoke this morning was just ill-informed of the peoples situation on the ground.

New cars, cheaper cars and better tech? Yes please why not. But not at the cost of older cars that are still road-worthy. Don't be another Japan/Singapore!

Removal of non-road-worthy cars? Yes sure why not again. But how are you going to determine which vehicle is applicable? Target commercial vehicles first and that's half the battle won. The amount of trucks I've seen that pollute with plumes of smoke is insane. Exploding tyres happen almost every day on the highway near my house, and how are they going to work around the "work arounds" and corruption?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Just heard on BFM today that the policy is just only on hold until the proper infrastructure is made in place.

- Cheaper cars
- Recycling facilities
- Incentives

etc. Right now apparently they can't implement because everything would just collapse.

And this is all to allow everyone access to safer cars with better technology, and to remove unsafe cars on the road.

Total number of cars sold dropped from 2014 until now and the initial target of 10% GDP supposedly for 2017 was not achieved so this Dato fella who spoke this morning was just ill-informed of the peoples situation on the ground.

New cars, cheaper cars and better tech? Yes please why not. But not at the cost of older cars that are still road-worthy. Don't be another Japan/Singapore!

Removal of non-road-worthy cars? Yes sure why not again. But how are you going to determine which vehicle is applicable? Target commercial vehicles first and that's half the battle won. The amount of trucks I've seen that pollute with plumes of smoke is insane. Exploding tyres happen almost every day on the highway near my house, and how are they going to work around the "work arounds" and corruption?
This part is tough, they form Puspakom but looks like back to square one....:banghead:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Well knowing our gahmen, their main concern isnt safety, but always lining the pockets of industry players (cronies). Safety is just a buzzword/disguise to show that they "care".
Just doing something for the sake of showing us that they are doing something.
make money from the rakyat through cronies and puspakom.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
More concerned about saving the car from scrapping not road tax savings. If it goes through la.
Agree with you since you just got your project car not too long ago.

- Cheaper cars
- Recycling facilities
- Incentives

It seems like whole policy is just on discussion/talking stage because there so many things not ready yet.

The Japan method of requiring cars to go for inspection every 2 years is not very bad compared to Singapore's COE system. They din't outright ban old cars, just that you need to pay more to own them, especially in Singapore. Still, these system is enough to kill off majority of old cars in a country.

Well knowing our gahmen, their main concern isnt safety, but always lining the pockets of industry players (cronies). Safety is just a buzzword/disguise to show that they "care".
Just doing something for the sake of showing us that they are doing something.
make money from the rakyat through cronies and puspakom.
As usual, enough said. You know, I know can already. :rofl:

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
regarding on lorry and truck tyres. I heard that most of them cut corners by buying 2nd hand tyres.. Yes 2nd hand !!!

Better still those 2nd hand tyres comes from cold climate countries like Japan n Korea. I heard from some friends, tyres from cold countries are not suitable for Malaysian road.

Accidents also happens bcoz of people dont want to learn the road.. like i remembered one girl zoomed over the red light... like no tomorrow and luckily no fatal crash.

Slowhogs who makes idiots overtake the opposite lane where, there was cars on the other lane (when accident goes viral n said i was rushing to hospital bcoz my child got bitten by centipede)

our people so bad in driving cars, even playing candycrush during driving

oh teenagers no license takes bro or dad's car to race n show off their girls that they are some awesome kid n go into illegal racing.

or people who drive their Mivi like Ferrari !!!
*not got Mivi 2018

rempits in big bikes swing corners and want to kick cars

not bcoz of old rusted cars which has old safety features...

dont cite la... i go youtube see lot of good cars get destroyed... we sure got many to do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxjxou0pKW4

*actually this is good news from them celebrities, use the old cars to destroy n then brag during the making of some abang long... we destroyed a few cars that's why u should watch the movie!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Following last year's successful MMU Drift Attack, MMU Engineering Society brings you MMU Autoshow 2007 with MMU Drift Attack 2007. Only One year apart!

Venue: MITC Malaca Carpark
Date: 18-19th August 2007
Time: 10:00am-6:00pm (Saturday), 9:00am-6:00pm (Sunday)
Spectators' Charges: FOC
Maximum no. of participants: 45 (RWD vehicles only)
Track Condition:Dry

There will also be booth for local car dealers to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience