Thoughts on possible old vehicle scrapping policy?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
A good for nothing equipment. If such a thing can be implemented into the masses, there will be some parties out there who will start a business to tamper with the data according to what the owner wants. :rofl:
Malaysian Bolih......lol:biggrin:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i will only allow it to be put in my vehicle if that blackbox has additional feature:

-ignition control
-launch control
-boost control

better yet, just give me link g4 ecu..hahaha :driver:
Those were suppose to be for trucks and buses only......lol

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Malaysian Bolih......lol:biggrin:
As usual, whenever there is any troublesome policy implemented, people will think of a way to bypass it. Not just in Malaysia. Like those 180kmh speed limiter remover device in Japan.

i will only allow it to be put in my vehicle if that blackbox has additional feature:

-ignition control
-launch control
-boost control

better yet, just give me link g4 ecu..hahaha :driver:
Hahahaha. That doesn't even sound like a box that will help to increase road safety. :rofl:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Those were suppose to be for trucks and buses only......lol
hahaha...forgot to brake..straight jump to conclusion thought it was personal vehicle

As usual, whenever there is any troublesome policy implemented, people will think of a way to bypass it. Not just in Malaysia. Like those 180kmh speed limiter remover device in Japan.

Hahahaha. That doesn't even sound like a box that will help to increase road safety. :rofl:
personally test using my car,northbound found that the safe limit is 180 due to road condition and not much straight road. southbound is the best, 200+ is possible. The limit is on my car chassis/aero la.

Anyhow, those were done at past midnight,dry road but at past midnight the risk is wild animal cross the road, however in the morning pulak, lory tyre scattered here and there, some are very big chunk. :driver:

simple blackbox for lorry driver can be done. just put a gps,weight sensor and maybe inspection schedule, wont cost much,even build one for final year in UNI last time. But when G involve, everyone want the piece of the pie.

Very old lorry still on the road, Saw one at nkve last week. Then one with wooden cabin/door. carrying heavy load :banghead:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hahaha...forgot to brake..straight jump to conclusion thought it was personal vehicle

personally test using my car,northbound found that the safe limit is 180 due to road condition and not much straight road. southbound is the best, 200+ is possible. The limit is on my car chassis/aero la.

Anyhow, those were done at past midnight,dry road but at past midnight the risk is wild animal cross the road, however in the morning pulak, lory tyre scattered here and there, some are very big chunk. :driver:

simple blackbox for lorry driver can be done. just put a gps,weight sensor and maybe inspection schedule, wont cause much,even build one for final year in UNI last time. But when G involve, everyone want the piece of the pie.

Very old lorry still on the road, Saw one at nkve last week. Then one with wooden cabin/door. carrying heavy load :banghead:
You have answered why it cannot be cheap......lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

simple blackbox for lorry driver can be done. just put a gps,weight sensor and maybe inspection schedule, wont cost much,even build one for final year in UNI last time. But when G involve, everyone want the piece of the pie.

Tried it on your Perdana Evo?

From your description, the black box idea for commercial/company vehicles sounds like a better idea than scrapping old cars. It sounds more like a solid way to regulate how these drivers drive. By scrapping away old vehicles and replacing them with newer ones won't change anything if the drivers are driving recklessly.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You have answered why it cannot be cheap......lol:rofl:
inconvenient truth

Tried it on your Perdana Evo?

From your description, the black box idea for commercial/company vehicles sounds like a better idea than scrapping old cars. It sounds more like a solid way to regulate how these drivers drive. By scrapping away old vehicles and replacing them with newer ones won't change anything if the drivers are driving recklessly.
didnt try on my perdana, build for junior only. part time job.:smokin:

its not the vehicle at fault, its the driver/owner. Guns dont kill people, people kill people. Monkey too if they have gun/car. :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
inconvenient truth

didnt try on my perdana, build for junior only. part time job.:smokin:

its not the vehicle at fault, its the driver/owner. Guns dont kill people, people kill people. Monkey too if they have gun/car. :rofl:
Oh, care to reveal what car? :biggrin:

That is my point in this thread. Scrapping away older cars will probably just cause a very slight change in road accident rates. But apparently this time, the blame seems to be on the vehicle instead of the one who operates the vehicle.

On another note, if lets say you give a person to drive in 2 different cars. An old Proton Saga VS a new Proton Preve. In which car the driver is more likely to drive over the speed limit? :rofl:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The scraping may not be due to accidents, maybe to move the auto industry.....lol

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
This policy if implemented in Malaysia is really done by stupid people. Our people have to work hard to pay off 9 years loan (most of us) only to scrap the car let say at the 10th year.It will get the economy going but not our people.

What the heck does we have Puspakom for?
Even with Puspakom around,we still have accident on the road and most of it involve newer car.I would say Puspakom is not used to its full potential. I can bet my 2002 Waja will pass whatever test Puspakom can throw at it,so does a new Myvi.How the heck does newer car safer than older car then?

No doubt they make it compulsory for commercial vehicle to go for yearly inspection...well,all the driver needs to do is just spray a layer of black anti rust and rent a new tyre to pass the test.

Then when accident happen,they will mention it involve old buses and the bus has plenty of outstanding summon.I tot we have authority to deal with this issue.If they let these drivers still drive on the road then they allow for the road to be a dangerous place.

the saddest thing that will happen if they impose scrappin of old vehicle is....CREATIVITY will die......One can say it will grew as newer car kept coming but trust me,there will be no more customisation and mod.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
The scraping may not be due to accidents, maybe to move the auto industry.....lol
I think the growth rate of our auto industry seems to be growing larger and larger every year. Few days ago I even heard that Malaysia is on Honda's top 10 market in the world. Still want to move the industry faster?

This policy if implemented in Malaysia is really done by stupid people. Our people have to work hard to pay off 9 years loan (most of us) only to scrap the car let say at the 10th year.It will get the economy going but not our people.

What the heck does we have Puspakom for?
Even with Puspakom around,we still have accident on the road and most of it involve newer car.I would say Puspakom is not used to its full potential. I can bet my 2002 Waja will pass whatever test Puspakom can throw at it,so does a new Myvi.How the heck does newer car safer than older car then?

No doubt they make it compulsory for commercial vehicle to go for yearly inspection...well,all the driver needs to do is just spray a layer of black anti rust and rent a new tyre to pass the test.

Then when accident happen,they will mention it involve old buses and the bus has plenty of outstanding summon.I tot we have authority to deal with this issue.If they let these drivers still drive on the road then they allow for the road to be a dangerous place.

the saddest thing that will happen if they impose scrappin of old vehicle is....CREATIVITY will die......One can say it will grew as newer car kept coming but trust me,there will be no more customisation and mod.
True. The loan repayment period is long and if this policy is implemented, this means many people will live their lives carrying a debt if they choose to own a car. This is ridiculous. Even used car market will take a big hit from this because as a car grows older, it becomes even less valuable than before as it approaches scrapping date. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello there...

Just want to ask all you sifus and taikors out there...

I have a protong Waja and it is mostly stock... for now... haha... I want to get some parts done first... to get the ride and handling right... and I happened to think about my brakes... still stock remember???... I was thinking... would changing the hoses to steel braided ones (think that is what u call it...) be of any use at all???... brake pads are still stock... alot of dust i know... but serves me well and its...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience