This is what happen when VS fails

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
yup, its leaking... this is why I've post in the '2VS thread' to monitor it closely...:rofl:
mine is Zaptor, not Pivot and happen after around 3yr of usage...
no matter what's the brand, capacitor has its lifecycle...:hmmmm:
for my case worst coz its a modded car, my mech from Salak South has to save me:-
- once at home in Klang
- once at RnR Bukit Merah

lesson learned; never use VS but instead put more grounding wires...
good luck!:wavey:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
yup, its leaking... this is why I've post in the '2VS thread' to monitor it closely...:rofl:
mine is Zaptor, not Pivot and happen after around 3yr of usage...
no matter what's the brand, capacitor has its lifecycle...:hmmmm:
for my case worst coz its a modded car, my mech from Salak South has to save me:-
- once at home in Klang
- once at RnR Bukit Merah

lesson learned; never use VS but instead put more grounding wires...
good luck!:wavey:
What happened to your car when you VS failed?
I though the fuse inside the VS should blow when capacitors burst? But how come that was not the case?

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
the car dies while driving...
cannot start again after pulling to the roadside...
even after changing distributor, starter, fuel pump, plug & cables etc...

after twice being saved, with the last being close to 300km away...
i just take out the VS... the problem stop occurring...
so i've concluded not to use VS anymore...:listen:

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
the car dies while driving...
cannot start again after pulling to the roadside...
even after changing distributor, starter, fuel pump, plug & cables etc...

after twice being saved, with the last being close to 300km away...
i just take out the VS... the problem stop occurring...
so i've concluded not to use VS anymore...:listen:
That's the exact same thing happened to me:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Surely, appreciate if you can help to test out the faulty vs. How can i pass to you bro?

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Possible. But original vs has rubber coating on the pcb, is short circuit possible?
Excellent! An ori MegaRaizin to muck around with. Hmm.. you the type to go yum char? I've seen your ghost stories and I'm just scared to be around you. LOL

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Excellent! An ori MegaRaizin to muck around with. Hmm.. you the type to go yum char? I've seen your ghost stories and I'm just scared to be around you. LOL
Hahaha, don't be scared mate. Worst you get is get to see 'it' only. Back to topic, we can meet up yamcha, preferably after 10.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Very unfortunate. While I was driving home after work today, my car started to lose electrical power and engine died slowly on the way. This time without the VS. wth???? I have never seen this before. The fortunate thing is the car was managed to crawl back home but I had to push it into the parking bay. May I know if the battery or alternator KO, would a running engine lose power and die?

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Could it be other faulty electronic items that caused this? Since problem occurs without vs. Capacitors don't usually burst n leak like this...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Very unfortunate. While I was driving home after work today, my car started to lose electrical power and engine died slowly on the way. This time without the VS. wth???? I have never seen this before. The fortunate thing is the car was managed to crawl back home but I had to push it into the parking bay. May I know if the battery or alternator KO, would a running engine lose power and die?
Check with a multimeter whether your battery has any voltage left? If not it's 100% confirmed your alternator needs replacing.

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
''wah! sakit sudah berjangkit.."
as Izso said highest possibility is the altenator is causing it...:hmmmm:
but then again... while driving...:confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
''wah! sakit sudah berjangkit.."
as Izso said highest possibility is the altenator is causing it...:hmmmm:
but then again... while driving...:confused:
While driving the alternator is the one that's giving the power. If it's failing the electronics will run off the battery until the battery completely drains.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
big possibility alternator kong..

(perhaps shorted VS affecting the alternator circuit as well)

:adore:

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
i buy 20 bucks pivot raisin to use also nothing happen :biggrin:

anyway, sorry for wat has happened...yeah do send email to pivot japan and ask properly with you guarantee card and purchase receipts for proof.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all , I recently had buy a mirage turbo gearbox (Will update the code later) , this gearbox is using clutch pump . Currently my iswara original gearbox is using cable , I lazy to go find the clutch set and mod . So any1 know do the mirage gear can fit into iswara 1.3 original gearbox casing ? Any problem ? How to see does those gear fit the casing ?

And my friend is driving satria 1.3 year 1997 . Does the gearbox same with my iswara 1.3 gearbox ? Because his gearbox wanna kong od , if...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience