This is what happen when VS fails

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I had a unit of Pivot Mega Raizin VS installed which I bought for RM370 in September 2009.
This is what happened when it failed.

I was driving to somewhere this morning with my family. I notice my ICE suddenly lost all power and subsequently every other electronics in the car, gear position, indicator lights and all. Weird thing was the battery indicator was not lighted as when battery or alternator fails. I could still drive the car for 2 km to drop off my family at destination. After a further short drive home the engine started to stall. I prayed to God asked him do not let my car die in the middle of the road but it finally stuck in front of a traffic light no matter what. No restart is possible.:bawling::bawling::bawling:

I got off the car and waved :wavey:to the traffic behind to say sorry and opened the front hood as everyone would do to sneak around like a pro but I really had no clue. I thought it was the battery playing me up. I didn't know whether I was purely lucky or although God didn't follow my prayer but sent an angel to the rescue. Suddenly a R32 pulled over in front of me. It was my mech friend, hahaa. He did look good like an angel to me now:angel:. He spotted me and stopped to help. After jump-started and headed to his workshop for some simple diagnosis, he ascertained the faulty VS drained all the electrical current.

Can you guys spot the problems in the photos?

Attachments

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
my best guess is the capacitor leaked... take a whiff and smell the raizin...got those "electronics-burnt" smell or not...?? lucky it didn't fry the ECU :s:...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Can't see much from your photos. Need to open it up and see the inside and test with a multimeter.

Also, MegaRaizin for RM360 is dirt cheap. Ori ka?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
u bought from kakimotor ah bro?
I bought from zhapalang.com

Can't see much from your photos. Need to open it up and see the inside and test with a multimeter.

Also, MegaRaizin for RM360 is dirt cheap. Ori ka?
There are at least 3-4 capacitors burst. Look at those orange patches of shit leaked?

They claimed it is original. I remember they had a guide to help spot the original from the imitation. I found that to be original though.:dontknow:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
that orange thing is leaking capitor fluid ka? I thought that was glue holding the cap. Anyway, it's a shame the thing burst. But like all electronic components, unless it's military grade, they all have lifespans la.

Btw, what car do you drive? High voltage requirements or standard 12.5v to 13v japanese car?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
that orange thing is leaking capitor fluid ka? I thought that was glue holding the cap. Anyway, it's a shame the thing burst. But like all electronic components, unless it's military grade, they all have lifespans la.

Btw, what car do you drive? High voltage requirements or standard 12.5v to 13v japanese car?
I am not sure whether the orange thing is really the cap fluid, beside this I found nothing suspicious visually. But one thing for sure the vs sucked all the current away from my Perdana V6. I think is standard voltage because no sub no heavy ICE.

Last edited:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
ive had a VS explode before... my engine bay was full of smoke... n that time the car was off and sitting in my house garage while i was in my room watching TV...

big black hole on the back of the VS...forgot the brand... but the casing was a metal casing somemore.. can letup until big hole...but it did last for almost 3 years.heheheh

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Send pictures to "PIVOT"

They do reply emails.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
ive had a VS explode before... my engine bay was full of smoke... n that time the car was off and sitting in my house garage while i was in my room watching TV...

big black hole on the back of the VS...forgot the brand... but the casing was a metal casing somemore.. can letup until big hole...but it did last for almost 3 years.heheheh
Yours is scary!

I opened the vs casing to check just now, the orange patches are hard and look like some kinds of glue to secure the position of the capacitors. Other things just look fine.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yours is scary!

I opened the vs casing to check just now, the orange patches are hard and look like some kinds of glue to secure the position of the capacitors. Other things just look fine.
Perdana V6 with no ICE and a seemingly original Mega Raizin. I find it hard to believe the VS is capable of affecting a car that's on the move to the extent of having irregular idling! My Pivot blue has been with me for 6 years now and my DIY one even longer. So far so good! (Touch wood)

Gimme the Pivot for dissection and test can ah?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
perhaps the boards have some shortcircuit?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Perdana V6 with no ICE and a seemingly original Mega Raizin. I find it hard to believe the VS is capable of affecting a car that's on the move to the extent of having irregular idling! My Pivot blue has been with me for 6 years now and my DIY one even longer. So far so good! (Touch wood)

Gimme the Pivot for dissection and test can ah?
Surely, appreciate if you can help to test out the faulty vs. How can i pass to you bro?

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

perhaps the boards have some shortcircuit?
Possible. But original vs has rubber coating on the pcb, is short circuit possible?

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone pls help me, i have done twice top overhall hall...for my vitara 1.6, 8 valve 3 door....when i drive my car just after 1 week after change all...quarter is lost of the black oil...im fustrated...pls help need advice :bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience