The TOYOTA 86 is finally here in Malaysia! - Specs and Prices

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
No need to rush la...be patient a bit, let the grey imports bring it in...sure we could buy it a lot cheaper than RRP from UMW...no need to sell ur house juz to buy these la...later, where u wanna lay back? surely not under the bridge, rite?:rofl:
Well, you can sleep in the car but you can't drive the house, can you? hehehe... :biggrin:

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu

The all new Toyota 86 makes its debut at the Sepang International Circuit today, revealing one of the most iconic Japanese RWD cars to have ever been in existence, and if you're in our generation you'd probably and fondly remember a certain animated black and white drift car nearly grazing barriers as it hurriedly returns home from delivering tofu - Initial D

Thanks to overwhelming requests from both motoring enthusiasts (you guys) and motoring journalists from all over the world, Toyota has finally worked hard with their partners to resurrect a small, light-weight coupe popularly known as the AE86 that was unveiled in 1983.

Undoubtedly been built with the motoring enthusiast in mind, the exterior is nothing but sporty, curvaceous and ultimately attractive; having been infused with the ‘fun to drive’ genes of a front-engine, rear wheel drive layout adopted from Toyota sporting legends like the Toyota 800, 2000GT, and the iconic AE86 which follows the popular convention of a ‘true sports car’ drive train configuration.

Having been allowed to take it out on the track at Sepang for a short stint, we found it to be remarkably neutral in handling with minimal roll as you shift up and down gears smoothly with the paddle -shifters of the automatic transmission. Managing the balance of the car around corners feels great with just a hint of understeer, exploding a tonnage of fun-factor for the driver and allowing you to literally put that car into over-steer, if you get it just right.

Toyota 86 Specifications and Prices

• Zerotohundred: 6 seconds
  • Top Speed: 225 km / h
  • Engine: 1998 cc D-4S flat-four boxer engine (FA20)
  • Power: 197 bhp / 7000 rpm
  • Redline: 7400 rpm
  • Torque 205 nm / 6600 rpm
  • Weight: 1,230 kg
  • Fuel Tank: 50 L
  • Fuel: 8L / 100km / 12.5 KM / 1L
  • Wheels: 17"
  • Tyres: 215/45R17 all round
  • Price: RM243,000 Manual / RM249,000 Auto

En. Ismet, President of UMW Toyota Motor, said today “Toyota went the extra mile to engineer the most neutral front-rear weight distribution that ensures stability and predictability in precision handling. This sports car is aimed to provide constant driving pleasure no matter what the road conditions are. The All-New Toyota 86 is a genuine lightweight sports car with advanced design and dynamics aimed at providing drivers with enjoyable and engaging driving experiences”.

The new 86 obviously looses the original 130bhp and 150Nm of torque 1.6L four-cylinder 4A-GE engine and has instead adopted a 197bhp 2.0L D-4S flat-four boxer engine that includes Toyota’s direct injection. (our engine code is FA20)

Your choice of a 6-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual transmission gets mated to the flat-four and has both will come well equipped with Traction Control (TRC) and VSC (Vehicle Stability Control). A VSC Sports function is also available for both variants, which allows the driver to take over by turning off most of the driving aids. Of course, ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution) and BA (Brake Assist) comes as standard.

Bookings have already begun for the All–New Toyota 86 on 9th April 2012 and currently, there’s over 30 orders for the All-New Toyota 86 with the hope of selling 140 units over the next six months. We wonder if that’s going to be enough to satiate the demand for the new 86 over here.

If you’re old-school and want a manual transmission to come with your particular Toyota 86, the On-The-Road (OTR) price starts at RM243,000 and stops RM6,000 more at RM249,000 for the automatic variant.

Buyers are also spoilt for choice with six colours to choose from to drape that sexy ‘Hachi-Roku’: Satin White Pearl, Crystal Black Silica, Sterling Silver Metallic, Lightning Red, Galaxy Blue Silica, and Orange Metallic.

The legacy of the All-new Toyota 86 - YouTube

Message from Chief Engineer, Mr Tetsuya Tada - YouTube

The development focus of the Toyota 86 - YouTube

Read our Special Feature on the Toyota 86's Heritage!: Special Feature: Toyota 86 – The Rebirth of an Icon
very nice :love::love::love:

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
original ae86 was good for its simplicity. its pure and direct. this one is the total opposite. not to say this one is worst then its 36 years old sibling. but i dont really see the resemblance on the both of it. its nearly 300kg heavier for comparison sake. It would make me happier in a way to see them promoting this car as a totally new model, rather then trying to link up to the old model etc etc. In my opinion, it its just riding on the hype of ae86 popularity. However izzit a good car? i hope so. Izzit a car that I want? Yes. Izzit a car that I will pay 250k for one, I don’t think so. With that price, will it be better then my type r till I will trade in for one? No. infact logic will tell alot of us here, with 250k, theres tons of option out there.

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hmm... 6 secs sounds a bit Godlike for 2.0 L NA. Love this car very much... But the price... Sigh... Just a little bit short of most 2.0 L turbocharged rally cars.

wkwoo69

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Yes the price is high for what it is but that's the score for us here. So what's the point of moaning and groaning about the price. Work hard to find the cash or migrate la. Civic Type R is more hardcore track machine and is certainly faster but this is a coupe and a RWD one to boot. And you won't be able to build an 86 replica out of a CKD unit.

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
Hope my car can cucuk this hachiroku hahaha ... totally the same power output for hp and torque

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
overpriced for new toyota sports coupe.....in US this 86 selling around USD 25k = RM 80k
provided with that price tag....u could top up a bit for VW Golf R or cheaper Golf GTi more power & dynamic..
This 86 is never about outright power.. It's about ---> :driver:

stevenseahkl

From Facebook
Sep 26, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hmm I go see it in flesh.. Inhave a strange feeling it might look good in flesh. Tho I was one of those who said it is ugly too. Great
Effort on the photography! No not a potential buyer. For 250... So many options like the megane rs... That's a mean looking car megane

tIANcI

Known Member
Jun 8, 2010
PeeJay
Had a good look at the car today. Quality is crap. For asking price of 240+k it's a joke. Dash is so low quality, not much better than a Myvi la. Upholstery is so darn cheap. Body panels are like Milo tin. El Cheapo tyres on 17" rims.

Sales people at Toyota dealership in Kota Damansara like tidak apa attitude only. Went to see at Giza Mall and the sales person has not much enthusiasm nor good product knowledge at all about the car.

Does Toyota think that their car is such an amazing handling machine that people will want to buy it at this price? At this level people will compare it with the Megane, Cooper S, Scirocco 2.0, Golf GTi etc that gives you so much more for the price. This car is nothing near a FD2R for sure in terms of value for money.

For a mere 20k more can buy a nice E90 325i la which has so much more luxury etc. I find the CRZ to be of better quality than the FT86. I wonder how this car handles, no test drive units. Just buy then know how it handles.

Dealers are dreaming of making money off the consumer only. This car is pretty pathetic for 240k.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

let me start a thread
to all Brothers and Sisters

what we should upgrade for our engine and become a more power. U all can give ur solution or opinion of how to make a car faster with low budget or more expert modification. It is better we suggest for the NA engine, this is because turbo engine is too power already.... :tee:

Let me start for the 1st stage modification of the NA engine

1. ) Changing the ekzos system. (It will be cost u about 300-800) depend on the brand we choose...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience