The ins and outs of chassis strengthening

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
NO manners bha... Ish... So not malaysian... "Budi bahasa budaya kita".

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well this is something we don't see everyday in our neck of the woods.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
AHAHAHAHA!!!! What a picture!!!

But memang got crack... But if sofa made of solid material, the crack will spread all over :biggrin:

Not flame la... Just addressing his accusations on me ma... He go call me stupid for nothing pulak...

fastlearner

Known Member
Oct 23, 2009
Kota Damn
The problem about autofoam is always their "fans". Either they dont understand everyones concerns or theyre just being that - "fans" - blindly follows whatever the KL Auto boss says. The main issue about autofoam is not about the stiffness of the chassis after being foamed, everybody knows that GENERALLY the more stiffer the chassis the better. The MAIN concern is about the crumple zone design which will be affected by injecting the foam. So pls discuss intelligently guys! :banghead:

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Why do you get so worked up over what I've said? Please respect people's opinion. It's a forum and everyone got the rights to share. I even remembered when in one post, you stated that turbo = stupid power. Chose the right words please. You seriously got an attitude problem How old are you?
Let me address all your accusations one by one... (Yes, by stupid power I meant that it can produce a lot of uncontrollable unessecary power, like 500hp in a FWD. Unlike small capacity NA cars I doubt it can make that much power. I never said it was useless, its just unessecary :biggrin:, but then again all car mods are haha. My choice of words were fine, you just misundertood. Dont think i've got much of an atitude problem with the words I choose do I? I'm much younger than you, still studying.)

Well my friend, if you read properly, what I said was "For those foam stuff... I haven't try these, but personally I think...". Well, Did I admit that I haven't try it? Did I say that I'm sure it's rubbish? Do you notice the word "think" and "haven't try". In english, think refers to an opinion/thought. If I have tried it, I would use the phrase "from my experience" instead. And I was honest to admit that I didn't try it, didn't i? (Okay my bad)

Friend, I know how it fills up a space and cures there. It's even in their website. But the thing is, even if it cures, it is "porous". Not solid. There's a big difference between porous and solid. If you chassis is made of porous metal, you'll die. If your car sofa is made of solid stuff, you butt will crack. (Yeahhh what I meant is it doesnt leave any gaps of air within the metal)

Bro, I am a scientist and I work for the Royal Society as well as the local university in my place. Please google it if you want to know more about royal society. But still, I might not be that clever. But even so, don't call me narrow minded la... Scientist also learning new stuff everyday... (My apologies then)

As I said before, his is a forum. Every can share freely whether it is an "opinion", "experience" or "lies". Early in my post, I already stated that the foam thing is merely my "opinion", not experience.

So why you need to say "I personally am using autofoam + a UR strut bar so I can comment on that only ATM."

zzz...

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Adeh...
Haha okay lah like I said im kinda defensive towards things that work and people say they dont, my sincerest apologies I didnt mean to start a flaming thread. I'll keep quiet and just read :adore:. Uhh. And for the record again, my choice of words doesnt mean i've got an attitude problem. If you're talking about me starting to flame a thread, then yes I apologise. Sorry.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

The problem about autofoam is always their "fans". Either they dont understand everyones concerns or theyre just being that - "fans" - blindly follows whatever the KL Auto boss says. The main issue about autofoam is not about the stiffness of the chassis after being foamed, everybody knows that GENERALLY the more stiffer the chassis the better. The MAIN concern is about the crumple zone design which will be affected by injecting the foam. So pls discuss intelligently guys! :banghead:
Thats true come to think of it, but if I ever get into a crash so badly my whole crumple zone gets crushed I think i'll be throwing the car away :bawling:

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Haha okay lah like I said im kinda defensive towards things that work and people say they dont, my sincerest apologies I didnt mean to start a flaming thread. I'll keep quiet and just read :adore:. Uhh. And for the record again, my choice of words doesnt mean i've got an attitude problem. If you're talking about me starting to flame a thread, then yes I apologise. Sorry.

No problems bro... Cheers...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
[PIMPIN];1063642877 said:
I don't know what you are talking about dude. Having read and re-read that paragraph you wrote, every single sentence has nothing to do with the one before it.
OHHH. Okay I re-read it again now I see my mistake :banghead: . Sorry haha :burnout:

tharsan

Aug 4, 2006
foams and strut bars works in different ways, meaning the foam cant work at place that bars can provide strengthening and vice versa.. foam works internally, bars works externally on a chassis..

2 different things for one purpose; chassis strengthening.. cant compare them both as both are different ways of achieving chassis strengthening..

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Okay now a sincere question, do you all think that the brand of chassis braces has an impact on rigidity? Say the difference between an ultra racing strut bar vs a nismo strut bar? Like the Z-Tune's strut bar is GIANT compared to the UR one :driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
brand doesn't matter....

as long as the design,size,shape,weight,function and price fit for the requirement i wouldn't mind any brand at all... :adore:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Okay now a sincere question, do you all think that the brand of chassis braces has an impact on rigidity? Say the difference between an ultra racing strut bar vs a nismo strut bar? Like the Z-Tune's strut bar is GIANT compared to the UR one :driver:
I think that so long as the bars are constructed from the same material, welded or joined at similar points (if not a one piece item) and mounted at the correct points then there should not be any difference at all except for the price tag and bragging rights. :driver:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Guys, does auto foam make the car chassis more prone to rust as the foam may trap moisture? :confused:

One more thing, I'm interested in this rigid collar thing, where can we get it?