The hunt for 3rd Gen CT20B Turbo

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Hi everyone,

Just want to share my hunt for the elusive CT20B...

What a journey, it has been and still cannot find.

It all started with a little white smoke coming out from the ekzos and then reading about in on the net and asking our group here. Found out turbo might be a problem.

Solution was to sent down to mechanic to service the Turbo. Mechanic opens it up and sends it to TurboOne to service. Verdict. No repair kit and cannot be repaired.

Then I got into a frantic:mad:. I started to call everyone I know seeking for it. Sadly tak dapat. Then source from the World Wide Web:rofl:. Still got stuck, price crazy, defect parts and many weird discovery.

So guys
I am still looking for CT20B Turbo for 245 MR2 anyone want's to let go please let me know. Trying to keep my engine in it's original condition as much as possible.

Cheers,
Siva

vincentho

Feb 8, 2007
bro, sorry to hear the news... but look at the bright side, is time to upgrade your ride... your white horse complaint already... hihihi....

Bump: bro, sorry to hear the news... but look at the bright side, is time to upgrade your ride... your white horse complaint already... hihihi....

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
maybe in 2 months time i'll hav 1 extra 1......gonna take the ct20b out from my gf's silly car if i manage to find 1 aftermarket turbo

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Wah lau:bawling:that is a long wait.....what to do wait loh...:adore:. Still searching...... sigh :(

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
there is one for sale..i think kedah or something...search mudah.com.my

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Hi,

Thanks for the update. Actually spoke to him in April already the turbo is for Hilux and it will not fit into our MR2.

Thanks for the info though...

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Stop the press, my car is back and the turbo if fixed:driver:.....Taking it slow and riding slow.. (manage to get my old turbo fixed). But am still looking for spare turbo though....don't want to go through this if can :adore:....

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Hi Siva,

Where did you fix your CT20B? I just got to know that my turbo is a CT20B (after removing it). It is leaking and I would like to fix it.

Thanks

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
wht is the difference between CT20B and CT26? My CT20B got small side way (left right) movement and no in-out movement. I see one of the oil pipe is bent. So I guess one of the reason for oil leak could be because of this.

I am currently using a CT26 from Supra 7M, mated to the CT26 turbine housing. The compressor fin is slightly bigger than the standard CT26. Would it do any good of I were to transfer the CT20B front housing and compressor fin to my current turbine? I was thinking along this way if the CT20B cannot be fixed.

sivaworld

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
Hi Siva,

Where did you fix your CT20B? I just got to know that my turbo is a CT20B (after removing it). It is leaking and I would like to fix it.

Thanks
The repair kit as pointed out is hard to find, anyways what I did was send it down to Mun Lee and the chief there sent it to someone else to fix it, 3 days later I get a called they can fix it and the chargers that come with it, I agreed and it got fixed

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Mind sharing how much it cost? PM me if u dont feel like sharing it publicly...at least I have a base point to compare to if i were to get it fixed.

Thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

i was just wonderin' wer i can get those PU mounting & how much will it cost me & wat will a normal wan cost? i can choose not 2 change all the mounting at once rite?

any1 did diy mounting b4?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience