The gradual death of 4G1x? "Hell no!" says fstrader

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Some of the 4G1Series members who showed up. Mixture of old and new

The 4G1Series has had 2 successful track days of which both were held at Litar Dato Sagor. An estimated 40 cars turned up for the second track day comprising of 4G1Series and other clubs.

Looks can be deceiving. NONE of these cars are stock!

fstrader, head honcho and founder of the 4G1Series club has always made it a point to make motor sports events affordable and easily accessible to its members, regardless of the car make. Being a hardcore motor sports fan himself, it's not hard to understand why.

Whats even more interesting about fstrader is his history. In 2005 when he founded a Carburetor forum for 4G1x engine enthusiasts, he made a name for himself with his infamous listen-smell-adjust carb tuning technique. He was extremely fond of the venerable 4G1x engine because of the abundance of aftermarket parts, extremely durable engines and most importantly - it was highly affordable.

Active GRA-ers would know this particular Satria. He's an active GRA competitor and is pretty downright good at it!

Prior to 2005, he had gone through several Proton Sagas, Iswaras and the mighty little pocket rocket Satrias. He meddled extensively with the hardy 4G1x engines and tried to wring out every ounce of power from the internals. In one particular year he went through 3 engines due to unsuccessful modifications! One point of time, he did a 4G9x engine swap but being a low end torque advocate, that engine didn't stay with him long.

"Save the SOHCS!" he exclaims. Now he's back with a 4G15 Wira.

Some may consider this as blasphemy... a downgrade even! But busting the myth, he successfully campaigned in his Wira in GRA competitions since 2005 and has won podium positions several times against other competitor cars which were more highly regarded... much to their embarrassment!

The infamous GRA 3-speed auto monster

Btw, did I mention the fact that his Wira is a 3-speed auto too? :adore:

Proof!

He later started the 4G1Series forum to give its members a chance to understand this underrated and versatile engine which is capable of a minimum 99whp and more with the right modifications. fstrader's goal was to provide a sense of belonging to the 4G1Series members ever since the introduction of the Campro engine. Being a member of the 4G1Series clan myself, I can assure him that the camaraderie is real and that we have never thought otherwise.

Have tyres... will shred!

Many a time he has claimed to be 'retired' from the motor sports world but ever so often you'll see his car popup at events that he supposedly didn't join. And now, there's rumours that he's having private GRA grooming sessions with a certain '32-bit' Proton owner.

Once a motorhead, always a motorhead. Whether he likes to admit or not. :biggrin:

More pictures available here

Photos courtesy of Wong Ben.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
ya...

i agree with this part 9 9...

Many a time he has claimed to be 'retired' from the motor sports world but ever so often you'll see his car popup at events that he supposedly didn't join.
say only din join and then during the event day, the all familiar "this car look damn familiar wan" feeling will be there....

:thefinger::thefinger:
unker fred... dun tipu la... say only retired...

:biggrin:

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
"Many a time he has claimed to be 'retired' from the motor sports world but ever so often you'll see his car popup at events that he supposedly didn't join. And now, there's rumours that he's having private GRA grooming sessions with a certain '32-bit' Proton owner. "

I wonder who........ :confused::confused::confused:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Unker fred famous jor....

xcheong

1,500 RPM
Mar 6, 2004
Visit site
Fred I want ur signature on my 4g13 chasis.... Next to the chasis number ok mOu??

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
Everyone, thanks very much.

I may be quiet at times, i dont speak much, much to the fact that action speaks louder then words.

I can buy bigger cars but its not in my nature to show off who has thicker wallets or bigger engines.

Affordability has always been on my 1st priority.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Fred I want ur signature on my 4g13 chasis.... Next to the chasis number ok mOu??
can can... u wan free bkt also mou?

amir_tengkorak

Known Member
Jan 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Everyone, thanks very much.

I may be quiet at times, i dont speak much, much to the fact that action speaks louder then words.

I can buy bigger cars but its not in my nature to show off who has thicker wallets or bigger engines.

Affordability has always been on my 1st priority.
:proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The price of cars in Malaysia may not go any lower if the government removes the various duties imposed on imported automobiles, said International Trade and Industry Deputy Minister Jacob Dungau Sagan.

He said there are various factors that are outside of the government's control in determining the price of imported cars, such as component prices and foreign exchange rates.

“Reduction of duties...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience