The Engine Oil Discussion Thread

Which type of these engine oil you prefer the most?

• Motul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amsoil

• Castrol

• Lucas

• Mobil 1

• Penzoil

• Royal Purple

• Torco

• Total voters

mayalab

Known Member
Feb 26, 2011
Johor Bahru
poll result is surprising, i am mobil1 fan/user too
I am not suprised by the poll result. Motul and Torco are popular among car enthusiasts, while Mobil1 and Castrol are popular because they are so established everywhere through their marketing. Guess i shouldn't be selling Amsoil at all, time to switch to Motul and Torco, as they contribute better sales and much more profitable. Their margins are so high, and buyers willing to pay premium for them. Yet the scientific test result proves otherwise, these popular ester base oils are not superior by any means. In short, what you pay is not what you get.

swift2510

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
There are so many automotive oil brands out there in the market it's mind-boggling. You can't possibly put all the brands in the poll. Some may see this poll as a marketing ploy to promote certain products while some do honestly believe the result as all-conclusive of the popularity of a certain oil. Each brand has its loyal followers.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I have no complains for Amsoil. In fact, I like it very much but I just felt the car was sluggish after 7000 km. Maybe it's just my car and myself. I don't know. The person whom I bought from suggested me to use the Amsoil oil filter as well and my next OCI would be extended to 25k or 35k or something like that iirc. But when I checked with forumers here, they said it's better to change at 10k km even if Amsoil says it can go that far. So, I didn't get the Amsoil oil filter. In the end, had to service my car at about 8k km. Not complaining on Amsoil but just sharing my experience here.

Dec 26, 2011
KELANTAN
mobil one minyak hitam ok tapi harga fuhh... pakai turbo lagi mahal minyak hitam masing2 brand yang ader kat list tue semua fighting harga,yang penting tukar minyak hitam selalu murah pun x per,ikut spefication minyak sudah,he he he

lkeong88

Known Member
Nov 1, 2009
Cheras
Amsoil is not god of all oil, just because they did the testing and publish the result from their labs, doesnt mean anything. Pennzoil and mobil 1 have good results after Used Oil Analysis - tells you bunch of things about practical usage - please check Bitog.

Its just like pharmaceutical companies, they can publish whatever lab result they want, but they still need to collect data back from the public testing, because alot of drugs works wonders in the lab only to fail in real life - side effects, etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Pls forward this to as many as u can. Missing Child on board champagne gold Kelisa license JGL 685. Pls contact Mr. Wong 016-7770955. This is real case. Pls help

i received this from sms. i dunno izzit real or not but just help to spread it out.... hope it really can help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience