The All New - Smart Tag !

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
I am not sure about you all. I was pretty excited to hear about the new Smart Tag. So so so Happy when I got mine. :biggrin:

Here it is side by side with the old one.
Yeah, my old smart tag is falling apart. Card holder broke, the Smart Tag holder keep falling off... and so on.

The new smart tag comes with a new smaller holder. WARNING!!!! It breaks easily.
I have DIYed mine and fixed it with super glue... You will see it when you get yours... :D

Here, you can see the new one is much shorter, sleek in black.

And it is much slimmer

Slick and Slim

Fits perfectly in your palm.

Nice Battery cover and the battery sits in tightly into the connector.
Not like the old design with the Form1 Science project 9V battery clip

The LCD is longer but I was surprised they did not display all information in one go.
It is following the old Smart tag, Flashing The Balance on the right and then Battery Level on the left.
Should have just displayed both at the same time
Display is also smaller but still just as clear

It is smaller than my Day to Day wallet.
Which is cool as I can just remove it and bring it with me in my back pocket.

On the road test.

I felt the new Smart Tag's response is faster, and since it's small and black in color, you can just mount it near your rear view mirror and forget about it.

==========

Since I have now a spare OLD Smart Tag... hmm.. Am gonna take it apart and built something with it... Stay Tuned!

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
How much for the new Smart Tag?
Actually... I dunno.. HAHHAAHA
:rolleyes:
I heard it's the same price with the old one.

----

I checked the website... RM120.. but never mentioned new or old.. I guess it is not updated yet

http://www.touchngo.com.my/?pg=products&subPg=smarttag_faq

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Some people selling at RM150
New Design Touch 'n Go SmartTAG 2013 - Other Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I really hope that one day the toll booths can be eliminated. Just do a system like Singapore, where you just gotta drive through the toll and you are automatically charged for an amount. This really could eliminate traffic jams very very much..

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Selling on mudah? i tot only highway offices can sell?
Well.. Some people... Get Testing Unit..
Prototype Unit...
Some early adopters go buy from HQ...

then sell for high profit lo... Kekeke..

SmartTag no need to register.. not like Touch N Go card.. so, easy to sell off.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I really hope that one day the toll booths can be eliminated. Just do a system like Singapore, where you just gotta drive through the toll and you are automatically charged for an amount. This really could eliminate traffic jams very very much..
Yeah!!!
Technology already there...

Maybe Malaysia too many speed demons.. will pass toll arch at 180km/h.

I got a friend who tested Smart Tag... Max speed is 80km/h.. don't go more than that.. because the bar will not open in time for the car :rofl::rofl:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Yea, drive thru the gantry and auto charge and can reload the car at any 7-11 store or atms. Availability ties with convenience. Here masuk pocket already

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
In Singapore, all cars have the unit or comes with the unit. When you sell the car it goes with the car. Here not to say Smart Tag, even TnG card many still do not have. Look at the queue at our toll cash lane....:banghead::banghead:

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
i have one.but the time i wanna buy all stock finish je.untill 1 day i get it.hahah.but pretty hard to get if before raya.nasib baik dapat satu hehe

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Damn guess was robbed, I was sold a smartest brand new by a stranger about 4 months back...guess is because new one is coming...:bawling: sold to me RM80

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Damn guess was robbed, I was sold a smartest brand new by a stranger about 4 months back...guess is because new one is coming...:bawling: sold to me RM80
From stranger also you buy ah? Okay, if you want new unit, sell yours to me for RM50.....hahahahahaha:biggrin:

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Johnson, are u still using ur old one?
Because I am trying to search for a free one so I can take it apart and install it in my car.
:biggrin:
Haha.. Mine already taken apart.
Going to unsolder the diods to make it stealth installation.

Posting will be premiered here soon..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Everyone seems to like it but i see it as just another proton with a different name. IMO i dont think that Persona is going to sell successfully, just as the proton canselor ( or how do you spell this ). I was hoping to see another model completely. I havent seen it in real life yet so i cant quite judge, but still i have only seen a canselor once since its launch. anyone seen a canselor more than once on the roads?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience