Tein HA

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
guys, anyone still using Tein HA or can give feedback or reviews ?

Although its old model already , but still made in Japan and tein. I guess its still worth to use as compared to nowadays taiwan made D2, BC and other brands ISC etc ....

Wat are the other brands that are bang for value ???

Anyone still swears by the old tein HA ????? I am considering to buy a used one but not sure the condition

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
I'm still using old HR's (Same as HA but no adjustable damping rate & set at max hardness), I used to use em on front & rear...but after long daily commutes to work....my back started to ache alot...so i swapped to stock dampers /sport springs for the rear...but with HA's u can adjust the damping rate so it wouldnt be that rough...

As with all old parts, it'll probably need a good servicing....which can extend the lifetime to 5-6 years...(provided you dont hit any potholes)....

It all depends on your usage requirements & your tolerance to ride comfort.....& budget wise..
just bear in mind servicing dampers is about 200+- per piece.

For basic street & track days, they'll do the job nicely...but IMO they feel a bit "soft" at the track ....& the design is old, adjusting the height will effect spring bound/rebound rate

If you got the cash better go for newer Tien Type Flex...adjusting the ride height on these doesn't effect the spring bound/rebound rate...2nd hand you get them around RM 2K-2.5K....

Allen Ecnella

From Facebook
Aug 23, 2010
PJ, DAMANSARA
www.facebook.com
Im using the Tein Super Street and is fabulous for daily driving and drifting.. I think HA should have the same feels as the Super street somemore u can easily find shop to recond the Tein wit price around 1k. Cheers!

YEN96

Known Member
May 25, 2011
JB/SGP
had 2 sets of D2 previously, gave up....never fail to leak !!!maybe the set times up hahaha

used Tein HA long time ago and people still using...hahahha so thinking to get one

Last edited:

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
currently i'm using Tein Flex on my EG. for me, they're good enuff. body swift, soft hard, hi-lo and i'm also using the pillow ball. but you should inspect the bushings on your car too. if they're worn out, better change. if the suspension is in good shape but the bushings are not, no point also.

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
eh bro not the ek9. mine is tein flex eg6. early planning is to get the ek9 flex + skunk2/etc lower arm. but there are many replicas and i'm afraid to use them. better stick to oem eg6 rear lower arm. hehe.

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
yes it came with the pillow ball. bought them from podium auto. but only later to realize that i don't have the soft hard adjustment knob. went to n1 to purchase them and another rm320 gone. haha. probably before this the flex was equipped with EDFC.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yes it came with the pillow ball. bought them from podium auto. but only later to realize that i don't have the soft hard adjustment knob. went to n1 to purchase them and another rm320 gone. haha. probably before this the flex was equipped with EDFC.
soft hard adjustment knob? does it look like the GAB ones?

my EK9 Tein Flex oso no have any knob... but can adjust using fingers....or alan key

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
yes, that small thing which you can adjust using fingers. it is called the Tein Clicker Assembly Kit. when i bought mine, all 4 are missing. next few days i purchased the clicker assy kit at n1 for rm80 per piece.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yes, that small thing which you can adjust using fingers. it is called the Tein Clicker Assembly Kit. when i bought mine, all 4 are missing. next few days i purchased the clicker assy kit at n1 for rm80 per piece.
oh wait... if ur talking about this..

then mine got la... i though u meant something like GAB's adjuster knob like this

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
yes. correct. why cannot see the GAB adjuster knob image? is it only me?

it the thing same like this one?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
yes. correct. why cannot see the GAB adjuster knob image? is it only me?

it the thing same like this one?

i can see it fine....

try this one pulak

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
oh... i see. from the pic, basically it's just like the clicker, only larger in size. is it? the tein adjustment knob is just like a tool only.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys ive been wondering how do u spray a coating of paint on a chrome piece? Will the paint last on the chrome piece? Cos i heard that when u spray a coating of paint on a chrom piece it will fall off gradually.. Pls shed some light senior :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience