TEAM HP4G (Honda Prelude 4th Generation

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
APEXi Dual Funnel Power Intake is maintainence free. Don't need to wash.
The Air Filter carries no warranty as it is considered as consumables.

The BLITZ 'Sus' Power air filters are made from T304 stainless steel which is totally unique to Blitz. The entire filtration element is made from a fine stainless steel mesh which means the filters never wear out and Blitz claim they have substantially less restriction than any other filter. Some of the other aftermarket filters are made from paper or foam elements, and some do require oiling to maintain their filtration capacity. According to Blitz, this oil gradually disperses into the inlet tracts of an engine, and coats the walls and in particular the air flow sensor, slowly reducing the performance of the vehicle. The Blitz air filters also have the same fine mesh in the top of the filter, which improves the amount of air they can flow, and because the element is 100% metallic, Blitz claim the induction note it produces is similar to a Touring car or group 'A' rally car.

Blitz Claim:

"The Blitz air filter is by far the best performing and best looking automotive air filter money can buy..."

HKS Mega Flow Filters
HKS state that engine power is directly related to the amount of air an engine can take in and expel. Therefore, one of the easiest and least expensive ways to increase the horsepower of any engine is to improve the airflow into the cylinders. However, many products in the marketplace sacrifice air filtration capability for improved air flow characteristics. HKS claim that their High Performance Air Filter Systems offer the ultimate in both air filtration and air flow for maximum engine performance. The elements use a special oil to stop unwanted dirt particles from passing through the multi-layer polyurethane filter. Filters are thrown away when their lifetime has expired and are replaced with new filters, which are inexpensive and easy to replace.

HKS Claim:

"The ultimate in both air filtration and air flow for maximum engine performance..."

Apexi Power Intake Filter
The Apexi dual funnel Power Intake has evolved from the Apexi Super Intake filter with some subtle refinements in the design and filter element. According to Apexi, this resulted in a 10% reduction in pressure drop by utilizing an upper and lower funnel. The Power Intake reduces air turbulence within the filter and creates smooth air flow into the throttle body. Maintenance is kept to a minimum as this filter is a dry-type air filter and will alleviate the problem of filter oil from "wet" air cleaners, interfering with the air-flow meter.

Apexi Claim:

"Accept No Imitations..."

K & N Filtercharger
K & N use their own unique design unlike others which use a conventional paper or foam material. K & N state that because the dirt particles are trapped inside the passages of foam or paper filters, that they eventually clog, and when this occurs, airflow restriction increases dramatically. The K & N Filtercharger uses a special cotton fabric which is sandwiched between aluminum screen wires. K & N claim that the pleated design provides five times more filtering surface over the element circumference. The filter is then saturated with an air filter oil which attracts particles of dirt and debris which build up on the outside of the filter.

K & N Claim:

"...Doubles the air flow...adds up to 15 extra horsepower..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How they were tested.

The filters were tested on the quality of the filtration, simulated by using a vacuum cleaner and millions of microscopic dirt particles. The particles that penetrated the air filter, were collected on a secondary paper filter, so that a fair comparison could be performed, and the results could be compared like for like. As well as the fine particle test, the performance gains were also measured using each of the induction kits in the test. Therefore, in the quest to find the ultimate induction kit, the filters must not only filter the particles out efficiently, but must maximize the amount of clean air flow, through the filter. The winner would be the induction kit that filters the most dirt particles, whilst acheiving the maxmimum power output of the vehicle.

Conclusion

The comparison clearly shows that the Apexi Power Intake filter wins the test, not only on filtration but also by providing the maximum power gains, with K & N, Blitz and HKS coming in second, third and last, respectively. From a filtration point of view, the photographic evidence shows that various induction kits had poor filtration properties, leaving high levels of dirt and carbon on the paper filters. Any deposits that are allowed through the filters, can potentially cause problems with the Air Flow Meters on the car, which are attached to the ends of the induction pipes. It is a fairly common fault with the Skyline, to 'blow' an A.F.M, and a large amount of carbon can be found coating the sensor in the A.F.M.

It is questionable how accurate the original source of data is, as HKS are proven to sell more induction kits than any one of the others featured in the test, and yet there induction kit rates as the worst kit in the test. This suggests that either HKS rely upon their brand name to sell their 'poorly' manufactured air filters, or that the original Japanese test was nothing more than a PR stunt to promote the lesser known equipment. HKS and Blitz continue to be the best selling induction kits in the UK, and are used by Middlehursts, Hiteq and Abbey Motorsport as their first choice when the induction kit modification is carried out.

One thing that does stand out is the fact that all the induction kits seem to offer similar performance gains, of around 13 - 14 bhp. This would seem consistant with actual power gains that have been confirmed by using a rolling road.

So the question still stands, "Which Induction Kit is the best?". Well, if you can trust the original source of data, then the clear winner is the Apexi Power Intake. For those of you that are more sceptical, the choice is probably more to do with the cosmetic looks of the induction kit, as the performance gains are very much the same.

more links and picture.

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/index.html

Last edited:

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
zaruliskandar said:
hehehehehe.. u guys donno aahh??? H22c is the type r for our prelude... for this engine u need to pay 20k for the halfcut to get it from japan, we dont have the engine in malaysia.. it is in our BB body...
Prelude hv no type-r la ...prelude just got type-S ...but i found some information from net ..H22C is from the 97' prelude

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
louismhc said:
Ops....one more things i'm just noticed the JUN HONDA PRELUDE in youtube.com one the engine is H22C?! What the heck is this?! Ours is H22A and what is the different?!:X-:
mayb the H22C is taking from the 5th gen prelude type -S red top kua hehe ..our 4th gen also got Type-S but is black top with 220hp ..louis ah ..send a mail to ask
JUN auto la hehehe:shades_smile:

louismhc

Known Member
Oct 3, 2005
Ho Chi Minh
Hisha tauke balak, the web i already saw. :adore: very nice and cantik :_: only the prelude pic u put on there looks not matching lor. Others very very very very very very very very very nice :congrats:

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
louismhc said:
Hisha tauke balak, the web i already saw. :adore: very nice and cantik :_: only the prelude pic u put on there looks not matching lor. Others very very very very very very very very very nice :congrats:
hahaha will make some change on it soon ...hehehe:shades_smile:

JuizeeeBrain

1,500 RPM
Sep 21, 2005
Equine Park, SK
mrbear said:
APEXi Dual Funnel Power Intake is maintainence free. Don't need to wash.
The Air Filter carries no warranty as it is considered as consumables.

The BLITZ 'Sus' Power air filters are made from T304 stainless steel which is totally unique to Blitz. The entire filtration element is made from a fine stainless steel mesh which means the filters never wear out and Blitz claim they have substantially less restriction than any other filter. Some of the other aftermarket filters are made from paper or foam elements, and some do require oiling to maintain their filtration capacity. According to Blitz, this oil gradually disperses into the inlet tracts of an engine, and coats the walls and in particular the air flow sensor, slowly reducing the performance of the vehicle. The Blitz air filters also have the same fine mesh in the top of the filter, which improves the amount of air they can flow, and because the element is 100% metallic, Blitz claim the induction note it produces is similar to a Touring car or group 'A' rally car.

Blitz Claim:

"The Blitz air filter is by far the best performing and best looking automotive air filter money can buy..."

HKS Mega Flow Filters
HKS state that engine power is directly related to the amount of air an engine can take in and expel. Therefore, one of the easiest and least expensive ways to increase the horsepower of any engine is to improve the airflow into the cylinders. However, many products in the marketplace sacrifice air filtration capability for improved air flow characteristics. HKS claim that their High Performance Air Filter Systems offer the ultimate in both air filtration and air flow for maximum engine performance. The elements use a special oil to stop unwanted dirt particles from passing through the multi-layer polyurethane filter. Filters are thrown away when their lifetime has expired and are replaced with new filters, which are inexpensive and easy to replace.

HKS Claim:

"The ultimate in both air filtration and air flow for maximum engine performance..."

Apexi Power Intake Filter
The Apexi dual funnel Power Intake has evolved from the Apexi Super Intake filter with some subtle refinements in the design and filter element. According to Apexi, this resulted in a 10% reduction in pressure drop by utilizing an upper and lower funnel. The Power Intake reduces air turbulence within the filter and creates smooth air flow into the throttle body. Maintenance is kept to a minimum as this filter is a dry-type air filter and will alleviate the problem of filter oil from "wet" air cleaners, interfering with the air-flow meter.

Apexi Claim:

"Accept No Imitations..."

K & N Filtercharger
K & N use their own unique design unlike others which use a conventional paper or foam material. K & N state that because the dirt particles are trapped inside the passages of foam or paper filters, that they eventually clog, and when this occurs, airflow restriction increases dramatically. The K & N Filtercharger uses a special cotton fabric which is sandwiched between aluminum screen wires. K & N claim that the pleated design provides five times more filtering surface over the element circumference. The filter is then saturated with an air filter oil which attracts particles of dirt and debris which build up on the outside of the filter.

K & N Claim:

"...Doubles the air flow...adds up to 15 extra horsepower..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How they were tested.

The filters were tested on the quality of the filtration, simulated by using a vacuum cleaner and millions of microscopic dirt particles. The particles that penetrated the air filter, were collected on a secondary paper filter, so that a fair comparison could be performed, and the results could be compared like for like. As well as the fine particle test, the performance gains were also measured using each of the induction kits in the test. Therefore, in the quest to find the ultimate induction kit, the filters must not only filter the particles out efficiently, but must maximize the amount of clean air flow, through the filter. The winner would be the induction kit that filters the most dirt particles, whilst acheiving the maxmimum power output of the vehicle.

Conclusion

The comparison clearly shows that the Apexi Power Intake filter wins the test, not only on filtration but also by providing the maximum power gains, with K & N, Blitz and HKS coming in second, third and last, respectively. From a filtration point of view, the photographic evidence shows that various induction kits had poor filtration properties, leaving high levels of dirt and carbon on the paper filters. Any deposits that are allowed through the filters, can potentially cause problems with the Air Flow Meters on the car, which are attached to the ends of the induction pipes. It is a fairly common fault with the Skyline, to 'blow' an A.F.M, and a large amount of carbon can be found coating the sensor in the A.F.M.

It is questionable how accurate the original source of data is, as HKS are proven to sell more induction kits than any one of the others featured in the test, and yet there induction kit rates as the worst kit in the test. This suggests that either HKS rely upon their brand name to sell their 'poorly' manufactured air filters, or that the original Japanese test was nothing more than a PR stunt to promote the lesser known equipment. HKS and Blitz continue to be the best selling induction kits in the UK, and are used by Middlehursts, Hiteq and Abbey Motorsport as their first choice when the induction kit modification is carried out.

One thing that does stand out is the fact that all the induction kits seem to offer similar performance gains, of around 13 - 14 bhp. This would seem consistant with actual power gains that have been confirmed by using a rolling road.

So the question still stands, "Which Induction Kit is the best?". Well, if you can trust the original source of data, then the clear winner is the Apexi Power Intake. For those of you that are more sceptical, the choice is probably more to do with the cosmetic looks of the induction kit, as the performance gains are very much the same.

more links and picture.

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/index.html
are they washable? i feel like taking mine out and wash it coz i saw a lot of dirt in it.

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
JuizeeeBrain said:
are they washable? i feel like taking mine out and wash it coz i saw a lot of dirt in it.
go n buy the air filter cleaner to wash ..don simply use water to wash :_:

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
everybody i found another stailess steel brake line .. PRO-RS ..from US ..for our prelude BB 2.2 VTEC RM310 per set (4 hose) .for prelude AB-BA RM290 pet set (4 hose) i will send mail to them to ask for the best price ..

skyhawkheng

500 RPM
May 6, 2005
puchong,setapak
hi...to all HP4G members.....jsut come back from KUANTAN...hehehe

i am here to say sorry to u all that ......my party might be cancel, cos i might go oversea that time for working(shit!!)......i only can confirm whether i am going or not on end of JUNE......but i think u all still can organise a big TT without me ge...
:regular_smile:

AcuraV

Known Member
May 12, 2005
Jb
change side rubber for windsceen

saiyuke said:
You guyz were saying the windscreen side rubber and the outter hard rubber ar?

I got change mine last time together with the windscreen at shah alarm.

Saiyuke,

yes, i need to change the rubber for windsceen and side window as well, can i have more details of the shop in shah alarm? how much it cost and how long it going to take to finish the replacement as I can only spend a single day there to do it.

sharinling

Known Member
Apr 6, 2006
AcuraV said:
Saiyuke,

yes, i need to change the rubber for windsceen and side window as well, can i have more details of the shop in shah alarm? how much it cost and how long it going to take to finish the replacement as I can only spend a single day there to do it.
count me in, i need do mine too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hie guys wht is dat? isit the flexible thingy brfore connecting to the exhaust piping?
the one dat always got scracthes if car too low passing the msian bumps?
i mean after the xtractor 4-2-1 den the lookalike pineapple thingy. is dat catalytic converter or flexible? doubt here
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience