Team A1GP Malaysia dominates in Brno!

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
I have never really watched an entire A1 GP race yet. Managed to catch snatches of it here & there but always followed the development via news and the website. But yesterday's race really showed the maturity and development of Alex as a driver. The way he systematically pressured the Canadian rookie and also how he studied and found his weakness is a testament to that.

Alex had a very slow start, maybe something he needs to work on, but to overcome a few seconds deficit and then pressurize a driver into making a mistake is quite an achievement in my books. No doubt the Canadian driver being a rookie also was a plus factor but Alex showed really good driving. Even the commentators were talking about that.

I think the team also did a really good job. The cars are all basically equal, so for them to get the car to perform like that (and also withstand the bump on the suspension with the Canadian car) is really good.

I'm hoping for more exciting racing from them and A1GP is definitely more exciting for me now than F1 because it is more about driver skills rather than the car.

shamburke

2,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
yep,

what i like most about the A1GP is that ... the first corner is not everything likes the F1.... in A1GP.... overtaking is everywhere!!!!

couldn't wait for november 26th...

cheers...

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
better not waste the momey and time to join F1 la...

too much competition up there la..grab hold of this A1 and make it a success first..i prefer this way is better than pushing to f1...~

f1 is just not so yet~..

Boink Boink

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Always like A1 more than F1.

Somehow F1 seems to be more marketting than actual racing.

Anyways, someone please tell me which channel its on? :) :)

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
He should be in the middle echelon of F1, it's just that he couldn't bring enuff cash to the team he join in F1. He's a bloody good driver, that's for sure. I was also standing in front of the TV while Negaraku was playing...

Go Team Malaysia!

SkYwAlKeR said:
bravo bravo...

alex yoong... not bad... jz that he is not up to F1 standard....

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Great drive by Alex! I'm sure all Malaysians will be really proud of his achievement!

As for taking another shot at F1, i seriously don't think he should cross over to F1 again even if he has enough fundings. Lets just say he's not made for F1. He embarassed himself really, during his first season and he's quite simply not fast enough for F1.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
yup...i stand in front of mamk at my place when negaraku was plaid....and then most of the patron also stand ups......few rempit at the mamk even sing the song....we all had a good laugh and we have to thanks alex and team malaysia for it....

for a country which still have a young motorsport culture is a good thing....it shows that with proper management of resource we can be on par with most of other country which have a better resource then us....BRAVO ALEX...

so ZTH-ians....sepang anybody? if do...Yellow is the colour

sky7

Known Member
May 5, 2005
if ferrari wants alex, just go. but if a team like minarndi las time? better stick with A1

shamburke

2,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
prodigy said:
Great drive by Alex! I'm sure all Malaysians will be really proud of his achievement!

As for taking another shot at F1, i seriously don't think he should cross over to F1 again even if he has enough fundings. Lets just say he's not made for F1. He embarassed himself really, during his first season and he's quite simply not fast enough for F1.
pro,

the f1 thing ar... even alonso on minardi oso did not qualify and was always last...
hehehee... now champion in the making!!!!

cheers...

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Alex has done a lot more racing since his days in F1, so if he does switch back to F1, I'm quite sure his performance will be better. But then as it is so obvious in F1, winning races or even just doing well requires a very good car & team.

One good example is David Coulthard. While he was not a fabulous driver, but while he was with MacLaren he did produce good results but the moment he switched to a "lower" team, look at his results now.

I think Alex should stick where he is. His exposure in A1 is giving him drives in other places and while I am sure the price money is not fantastic in A1 at the moment, with the growing popularity of the event, I'm sure this will change. A good indicator of this is the huge jump in advertising & marketing budget they have this year.....and this is only the 2nd season.

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
A1 race is nothing compared to F1...don't think he'll be given a chance again to join F1...maybe that time he wasn't experience enough and a bit too early to go into F1 racing. He better stick to A1...then can cari makan there! hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can this shine anymore?
Hello friends! :itsme:

I was back from KL, meeting KC. I had to start my first detail after the trip.

This was my baby, a 2004 Honda Civic V-tec. (Not anymore! She’s someone else’s now. But I still love her.)
Obviously, being a house member, she expected more attention from me. So, I couldn't choose any other ride. I remember KC saying take care of the family first!

(I’ve lost a lot of pictures of her due to a data transfer gone wrong. What’s remaining...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience