T-REX steering lock.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
yalor...at least we know someone is triggering it....and the steering lock will also buzz a loud noise..

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
cabut ur car steering, save it in briefcase, put inside bonnet?
:biggrin:

Bump: cabut ur car steering, save it in briefcase, put inside bonnet?
:biggrin:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
hahaha....:)
good idea... or lock the car with latch lock, like our office door...:)
Mr Bean video shown how to remove steering and lock with padlock...

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
What is so hard... Just get the Autolock brand from Carrefour lor... Lock the pedals one.... the steel is bullet proof and cut proof, no worries about it being cut, and there is patented keys to unlock the pedal lock... Even theif can saw the stereng, can he saw off the pedals?

Sometimes, all people just wanna use immobilisers or things like that, waste so much money on it when they can just make things the simple way. I jut dunno why people just dun take much time to analyze but think that money means security. Lols.
they said thief haf master key for all kind of lock...

best set up would be:
1. Clifford Aero5 + wireless immobilizer - Not many Clifford models have the option of adding a wireless immobilizer. So if the car is started without proper disarm, it'll disconnect the engine in a short period of time. And the best part is it's untraceable unless you know where I installed the immobilizer.

2. Microwave and tilt sensor add-on - Microwave is better than shock sensor. Any movement inside the car will arm the alarm. Tilt will arm the alarm if the car is lifted up (by tow truck)

3. Hood lock - You need to know a certain combination of keys to open the hood. Otherwise you have no access to it (to access the battery)

4. Backup battery - Alarm is armed all the time.

5. Full security plates plus custom plate to protect hood - you can't ruler into my car. And you can't access the hood either.

6. 4mm security tint - Prevents smashes, but does not really prevent people from getting into the car. Best to stop hijackers, just need the sense to drive off asap if smashed.

7. In built brake lock (Locktech) - It locks the brake pedal and once locked, there's no way to unlock it or access the locking mechanism without the key. Unless they got some way to break the lock itself which is inbuilt into the whole mechanism.

8. IES GSM alarm - Has a SIM card in the alarm which you have to pay for every month. But can remotely disable the car via phonecall and I can even call into the car to talk to the thief. Can remotely lockdown the car too, thieves will have to smash window to get out. Can easily trace car based on GSM signal, but only within a certain area.

Other than that the only thing I'm looking to upgrade is a 2-way remote. Otherwise I wouldn't know when my car is being stolen except via the GSM module. And I keep the car as low profile as possible, ie-rarely keep it clean, no expensive radio, etc.

Trust me, steering locks are useless.
-courtesy of bro izso mmc... :adore:

bulet

500 RPM
Oct 24, 2006
Cheras
yeah...steering lock are useless. had tried before.....cabut-ed my steering while steering lock were locked up....tried with momo steering and also stended airbag installed steering...all can be cabut-ed even when u lock up ur steering.. now i no more using steering lock....unless want to slow up fXXXing hijacker, its no meaning to use it

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
they said thief haf master key for all kind of lock...

best set up would be:
1. Clifford Aero5 + wireless immobilizer - Not many Clifford models have the option of adding a wireless immobilizer. So if the car is started without proper disarm, it'll disconnect the engine in a short period of time. And the best part is it's untraceable unless you know where I installed the immobilizer.

2. Microwave and tilt sensor add-on - Microwave is better than shock sensor. Any movement inside the car will arm the alarm. Tilt will arm the alarm if the car is lifted up (by tow truck)

3. Hood lock - You need to know a certain combination of keys to open the hood. Otherwise you have no access to it (to access the battery)

5. Full security plates plus custom plate to protect hood - you can't ruler into my car. And you can't access the hood either.

6. 4mm security tint - Prevents smashes, but does not really prevent people from getting into the car. Best to stop hijackers, just need the sense to drive off asap if smashed.

7. In built brake lock (Locktech) - It locks the brake pedal and once locked, there's no way to unlock it or access the locking mechanism without the key. Unless they got some way to break the lock itself which is inbuilt into the whole mechanism.

8. IES GSM alarm - Has a SIM card in the alarm which you have to pay for every month. But can remotely disable the car via phonecall and I can even call into the car to talk to the thief. Can remotely lockdown the car too, thieves will have to smash window to get out. Can easily trace car based on GSM signal, but only within a certain area.

Other than that the only thing I'm looking to upgrade is a 2-way remote. Otherwise I wouldn't know when my car is being stolen except via the GSM module. And I keep the car as low profile as possible, ie-rarely keep it clean, no expensive radio, etc.

Trust me, steering locks are useless.
-courtesy of bro izso mmc... :adore:
Bro, your info is quite handy, but fyi.. Not all locks has master keys... Once it is patented, there is no way master keys can be made. This have been proven that the pedal locks from Autolock itself, and so far i think it was the cheapest way to protect your car from getting stolen than using immobilizer or anything that have to do with electrical security system. And the original Solex locks doesn't come with any master key. In addition, electrical wirings are damn easy to cut off rendering cars with electrical security system vulnerable to be stolen.

I am not promoting stuffs or so on, but I see that pedal locks are very effective, and when tagged with the tyre clamp, its nearly impossible for this low life thieves to steal ur car. Just a penny of my thoughts. :)

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Bro, your info is quite handy, but fyi.. Not all locks has master keys... Once it is patented, there is no way master keys can be made. This have been proven that the pedal locks from Autolock itself, and so far i think it was the cheapest way to protect your car from getting stolen than using immobilizer or anything that have to do with electrical security system. And the original Solex locks doesn't come with any master key. In addition, electrical wirings are damn easy to cut off rendering cars with electrical security system vulnerable to be stolen.

I am not promoting stuffs or so on, but I see that pedal locks are very effective, and when tagged with the tyre clamp, its nearly impossible for this low life thieves to steal ur car. Just a penny of my thoughts. :)
maybe not master key but they sure gonna have some other ways...
but wat if the thief tow your ride...
dun tink a pedal lock is much of help when dis happens...
i just givin out some opinion on wat is the best set up...

i just quote wat this guy said frm other forum...
coz dun wanna waste time re-type again..
hehehe!

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Haha , no idea..new technology mah..haven seen people using it

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Oh ya ah..motorbike also uses lock on wheels..hahaha..wonder when bycle lock is going to be use in cars

Mishima

Known Member
Dec 27, 2008
maybe not master key but they sure gonna have some other ways...
but wat if the thief tow your ride...
dun tink a pedal lock is much of help when dis happens...
i just givin out some opinion on wat is the best set up...

i just quote wat this guy said frm other forum...
coz dun wanna waste time re-type again..
hehehe!
Yes, your setup is good, even though u said if ppl tow the car, there is nothing much u can do even with ur setup, so I might be as well go to pedal locks as the main concern of people driving my car away... Nobody is that crazy enough to tow ur car when u got it parked in shopping malls/garage right? Even if ur ride may get towed while parking at open places, can immobilizer stop your car from moving? That is why i said, pedal locks, added with the tyre locks are handy enough to protect ur ride from being stolen. Sounds traditional, and yes, my setup is really not eye-pleasing but still, suffice a lot than to plant some immobilizers and additional electrical devices when someone can just silently open the car door, screw up the lighting system by just opening the stereng holder and pour water ad viola! There ur ride goes, into the chop shop feeding other theives that wanted ur ride bodyparts... Savvy?

Just my two cents... As I don't see any reason of putting immobilizers or alarm when they can be just cut off in less than 20 secs the alarm was triggered.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Yes, your setup is good, even though u said if ppl tow the car, there is nothing much u can do even with ur setup, so I might be as well go to pedal locks as the main concern of people driving my car away... Nobody is that crazy enough to tow ur car when u got it parked in shopping malls/garage right? Even if ur ride may get towed while parking at open places, can immobilizer stop your car from moving? That is why i said, pedal locks, added with the tyre locks are handy enough to protect ur ride from being stolen. Sounds traditional, and yes, my setup is really not eye-pleasing but still, suffice a lot than to plant some immobilizers and additional electrical devices when someone can just silently open the car door, screw up the lighting system by just opening the stereng holder and pour water ad viola! There ur ride goes, into the chop shop feeding other theives that wanted ur ride bodyparts... Savvy?

Just my two cents... As I don't see any reason of putting immobilizers or alarm when they can be just cut off in less than 20 secs the alarm was triggered.

bro read the suggestion again carefully...
u wana tow a car tat will be whining all the way?? :hmmmm:
bcoz:

haf u ever met anyone that can deactivate all the alarm combination within 20 secs?
i'd like to meet him...

first of all the thief need to enter into the car but:

then the only way in is thru the windows but...

they haf reviews that it need more than 20 seconds to smash your windows even with screwdrivers...
then haf to deactivate all kind of security add ons quickly since once the window broke..the alarm will trigger...
if i was the thief i'd back off by that time...

so it might save your cars and anything valuable inside the car...

so maybe for you, autolock is the best but then again the price justify everything...
if not those high end cars might just use autolock if it was that good... :smokin:

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

compare this two pump
80l/h @ 0.3bar
60l/h @ 3bar
for injection application,which is better?
pressure is more important or the l/h?
wat if a car is fit with a 60l/h @ 3 bar internal pump in fuel tank and connect to a 80l/h @ 0.3 bar external pump near the engine bay after the fuel filter?
is it good?
or wat if from in tank pump tee-off
-one connect to engine (as original connection)
-one connect to external pump then to engine(need a check valve or not for this connection after tee-off and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience