SW20 engine throttle cable

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi all MR bros, where can I get a throttle cable ( Wing Hin price too high RM 700+ ) Was told some one in KL can fab a new one , just get him the cable casing. Anyone know the address? TQ.

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
The price is shocking!! Lets hope someone has the cable stored in some garage somewhere..... all the best in your search..... by the way, whats the problem? corroded, snapped or sticky?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
good luck then if you are looking at custom a local cable.

it didnt work for me, mine (original) was about to snap, tried a customed one, but throttling had too much resistant 'feel', car felt jerky, hard to adjust the pedal.

later i found out that the local 'one' probably didnt have a harden 'bushing' to neutralise the 'resistant' feel. (cant be fabbed cause its a very small plastic to ease cable tension).
something so small can be so crucial to pedal feel.

ended getting a new throttle cable (japan).

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi bros,.....I m still looking for a local shop that can custom make throttle cable set. Need the address pls.
TQ

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Hi Mickey,
Wow so long long did not get into this site......almost forgotten lah........:sleep:
How is everybody? :wavey:
So is there a local fab shop for throttle cable?
Btw how is the stiffing ? :biggrin: You got it fitted now? MRS or MR2?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="700" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SZbjmn175CM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just last weekend, Sepang Circuit hosted the touching down of Porsche’s very sought after Cayman GT4 but one in full Motorsport mode. Called the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, this car is bound within the confines of race track competition use only.