Suspension question on Accent RX-S

danieL

500 RPM
Oct 3, 2004
Hi guys,

My fren just bought the accent rx-s and he just changed the rims from the original 14" to 15" 195/55/15. Suspension is still stock standard.

The problem is, now when he fetch 2 ppl at the back, the tyres will scrape the fender when going on uneven roads or when taking hard corners.

I think the suspension is too soft on this car. Any recommendations on what kind of suspension is good for this car?

Anybody else have this problem?

thanks.

danieL

500 RPM
Oct 3, 2004
i think nobody has this problem......

RoCkie

Jun 17, 2005
Subang Jaya
Hi Guys!

Actually... daniel was referring to my Accent... Thanks for helping daniel...

Okay... the thing is after i change the rims to 15" and tyres to 195/50/R15... whenever there is passenger on the rear seat, the moment i go through corners or through bumps... the tyre seems to have "contact" with the fender...

At first i though the tyres contact with the suspension or the coil... but the tyre shop fella tell me coz of the suspension too soft and tyre contact with fender...

haiz... any advise? plss.......

:confused:

RoCkie

Jun 17, 2005
Subang Jaya
I'm not sure whether Kah Bintang will help me on this coz i change the stock 14" rims and stock 185/60/R14 tyres...

Does that void the warrenty..?

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
RoCkie said:
Hi Guys!

Actually... daniel was referring to my Accent... Thanks for helping daniel...

Okay... the thing is after i change the rims to 15" and tyres to 195/50/R15... whenever there is passenger on the rear seat, the moment i go through corners or through bumps... the tyre seems to have "contact" with the fender...

At first i though the tyres contact with the suspension or the coil... but the tyre shop fella tell me coz of the suspension too soft and tyre contact with fender...

haiz... any advise? plss.......

:confused:
Most likely due to wrong rim offset.

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
GHOST said:
Yeah, most probably it's due to the offset of the rimes. Rockie did u use any spacers??
hi, i got this problem too for my elantra 3..same 15" rim. the offset is 38. i think its OK.
but i wonder why we need to put thick spacer for front rim??does it effect tire balancing especially during high speed?

accent owner:
recently my friends send his accent for aircond repair. found out the compressor jammed, pipe burst, valve malfunction etc...go to potong kereta in Subang, found used similar a/c compressor in elantra bay..its the same.but pls watch out coz, there's a different between CBU and CKD compressor...errr..wonder why. btw, my friends is a cbu.
i heard the ckd use local made one..

RoCkie

Jun 17, 2005
Subang Jaya
offset... wheel spacer...
this might sound stupid but i'm not familar with these....
when i install the rims and wheel at the shop.. they recom to install a round plate around the all four rims... dunno what iz that oso.. looks like it's suppose to tighten the rims to be more stable and durable... i guess...

GHOST

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Visit site
Rockie, those round plates that ur talking bout are spacers. It is used to increase ur wheels offset. Most probably without it ur tires will touch the absorbers while rotating.

RoCkie

Jun 17, 2005
Subang Jaya
GHOST,
well if that the case.. that means i've already have spacers installed...but stil seem does not solve the problem...
lately i've not been carrying much ppl in my car... hahah... so the problem does not bother me ... at the moment...
but i stil hope that i can find a solution to this though :)

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Rockie

I think there is seriously something wrong with your rim offset.

Is it a 6.5j or 7j width rim?

I have seen many tyre shop try all sorts of things to fit the wrong size rim into a car. The only think I can think of is that the tyre shop probably sold the rims too wide for your car and if they dont put those spacers it will scrap or touch the inside which is your absorbers.

And by using this spacers, you put your rims too out and too near the fender, hence when you corner or under heavy load it scrap the fender.

Nothing to do with your too soft suspension considering its still stock height.

It is just wrong rim size choice. With proper width and offset, i don't think 15" will scrap the fender and stock height.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Subaru will be getting their own version of the Toyota FT-86 rear-wheel drive coupe and have released the first official photos of their version of the collaboration ahead of its debut at the Geneva Motor Show next week.

While Subaru were sneaky and provided a photo with an outline of just the front end’s silhouette, some Photoshop wands were waved over it at CarScoop and managed to filter out the rest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience