Suspension or brakes

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
My AE92 is currently on stock suspension & brakes. I'm still on the hunt for twin pot & adjustable for my car. However I'm not sure how I should proceed, hope you guys can enlighten me;

1) I'm thinking of upgrading my front brakes to twin pot type, which will require some modification to fit. But I also plan to swap the whole suspension assembly from AE111 into my AE92 (as I'm told I'll have better choices of aftermarket products) so does that mean I will have to mod the things again to use the twin pot brakes?

2) How much modification is needed to fit SS twin pot brakes into an AE92 assembly?

:adore:

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
have u change the lower arm set n knuckle? coz if u r planning to use twin port then u either need to change to levin knuckle n mod, or change whole lower arm set to ss..

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
have u change the lower arm set n knuckle? coz if u r planning to use twin port then u either need to change to levin knuckle n mod, or change whole lower arm set to ss..
I'm not entirely sure about the arm & knuckle. How can I tell if its levin ones?

I'm not planning to change to SS setup. I'm told the twin pot from SS can be mod to fit mcpherson.

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
have ur car converted to 4age? if u r using the levin knuckle then u will notice that your front disk brake is bigger than 4afe engine..if u r still using the original one then u need both the knuckle and also the twinport disk

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Here is a picture of my brakes, the engine transplant was done by the previous owner so I'm unsure about the knuckle & arm.. I was told its the BT AE111 brakes;

pictures of the brakes;

How much does the AE111 knuckle & arm cost?

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
if u r sure that it is levin bt, then juz get a modded twin port to fit.. basically almost plug n play... might got a set left, will check and let you know.. hehe...

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Here is a picture of my brakes, the engine transplant was done by the previous owner so I'm unsure about the knuckle & arm.. I was told its the BT AE111 brakes;

How much does the AE111 knuckle & arm cost?
from picture you showed, I can confirmed it is the BT or SVT front caliper.
If want to use the Levin Caliper or even Twin port (McPhason), the AE92 need to change the knuckle and arm to AE111??? Are you sure? :hmmmm:

Previously I done up with swap between Single port caliper and twin caliper + Mesin a bit at bracket, all everything will be PNP le and not even change the arm or even the knuckle at all.

Information can getting from:
http://www.twincam.info/lofiversion/index.php/t1063.html

Last edited:

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
well it depends, what i did wif my twin port is to get a levin knuckle, skim a bit on the twinport disk, skim the caliper n fit to the car, coz i wan bigger disk then single one mar.. hehehehe....

but if use ori knuckle, never tried before... bro ae92, when u change to twin port u use back the single port disk or skim the twin port disk? mind share wif us, coz that was the only experience i have with twinport

Last edited:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
well it depends, what i did wif my twin port is to get a levin knuckle, skim a bit on the twinport disk, skim the caliper n fit to the car, coz i wan bigger disk then single one mar.. hehehehe....

but if use ori knuckle, never tried before... bro ae92, when u change to twin port u use back the single port disk or skim the twin port disk? mind share wif us, coz that was the only experience i have with twinport
use back single pot disc, but I not mistaken it's smaller than twin pot disc. By the way, i just skim the bracket for clearance only (I forgot is use the single pot bracket or twin pot bracket already), but then it was nicely fit already. :hmmmm:

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
icic... understood... ur method is different from mine, coz i use twin port disk... coz looks bigger than single port.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
If want to use the Levin Caliper or even Twin port (McPhason), the AE92 need to change the knuckle and arm to AE111??? Are you sure? :hmmmm:
Sorry, I didnt mean that I'll have to use AE111 assembly, what I meant was that if I swapped an AE111 assembly, I should have more choices for adjustables? Cuz I read on some other forums that if we (AE92 owners) swapped in AE101/111 assembly we'll have more choices on suspension components. True ka?

coz i use twin port disk... coz looks bigger than single port.
Oh yes, pizza sized disc are good :proud: if ada twin pot please let me know! 0122013765-chris

Thanks for reply sifu's!:adore:

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Sorry, I didnt mean that I'll have to use AE111 assembly, what I meant was that if I swapped an AE111 assembly, I should have more choices for adjustables? Cuz I read on some other forums that if we (AE92 owners) swapped in AE101/111 assembly we'll have more choices on suspension components. True ka?
U want to use McPhason or SS? If McPhason, why need to change to AE101/111 assembly? Because AE92,101,and 111 are using the same suspension (McPhason) component, and all are able to interchange. So why want to headache this and that? If want to change SS, it was different story but advise please think twice and understand the common problem first ya!

Last edited:

km_chew

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
Penang
Anyone tried Project U rotor for AE111 twinpot? Just curious how it fare against the stock one ..

scottwrx

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2007
U want to use McPhason or SS? If McPhason, why need to change to AE101/111 assembly? Because AE92,101,and 111 are using the same suspension (McPhason) component, and all are able to interchange. So why want to headache this and that? If want to change SS, it was different story but advise please think twice and understand the common problem first ya!
agree agree... dun waste money juz to convert to ae111, all macpherson component for suspension are the same, whatever adjustable or absorber that levin uses, can be fitted to your current knuckle as well..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

2019 Updated 585hp AMG GT R & 557hp GT C arrives Malaysia!

3.6 secs - Mercedes Benz Malaysia unleashes AMG's latest GT R & GT C! Yes, the 7:10.9 minute Beast of the Green Hell has been updated and is now here at Sepang!

AMG GT R: 3.6 secs / 585hp / 700nm / 318kmh / 4L V8 TT / 7 DCT / RM1,712,888...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience