Support needed for APRC event

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
i only saw the news today..

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Actually I tried to send a mail to Tom to get a forum for rallying in the Motorsports section but yet to get any response. In that way maybe we can make moe people expose to rallying. As far as media wise, I'll be covering the APRC and all legs of the MRC. Including the PD one this weekend. That will be my contribution to rallying in malaysia.

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Its sad actually. Rallying is challenging and fun. And it really showcases a driver's skill.

I've been a safety official in the early nineties for some of the rallies in Malaysia and also used to participate in the weekend rallies organized by BTSC. It was good fun but admittedly expensive.

But awareness is definitely low....probably why a very good driver AND world champion like Karamjit Singh suffers from lack of sponsorship.

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
woohh..speed demon is rallyist ar ?!

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
Most of the people out there dont have much interest in rally because of the lack of coverage.. rally is too big an event to get the total coverage..

i think rally needs more exposure.. SUPPORT RALLYING!!

trueno

1,500 RPM
Nov 30, 2003
Skudai,JB
Visit site
i am a big rallying fans too...although tv not showing rallying scene..but i will try dl from internet...and quite difficult to get it....i want to dl some Mr.Karamjit Singh rally scene leh..any one have that??or url???i am really wan to c leh..

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
trueno said:
i am a big rallying fans too...although tv not showing rallying scene..but i will try dl from internet...and quite difficult to get it....i want to dl some Mr.Karamjit Singh rally scene leh..any one have that??or url???i am really wan to c leh..
now very difficult to find anything bout uncle karam in the internet. he's still running in the PWRC. he's not doing the APRC i think. and he got a new UK co-driver (name i forgot). in his 1st PWRC round in new zealand he got 5th place in PWRC ( +-8th group N overall including all the local Kiwi guys that does not count in PWRC points). no latest pics also...

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
The organisers are not exactly making it easy to support the rally :

1. 2 rounds in Perlis - why? Because the event is supported by the Perlis Motor Club, not because there are lots of rally fans there

2. 1st round in Putrajaya at construction site - and only 3 SS. WTF?

3. Promotional materials - when you get to the event, you don't get a start list, who is driving what car, etc like the programme at football matches. Sometimes the spectator guide given out points out the viewing areas but at the viewing areas no signage.

Well, I am sure there are more issues......but can't be bothered.

Kookaburra

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Koala Lampost
From the MRC website :

Result page :

Please click here for MRC 2005 RD3 current results

Please click here for MRC 2005 RD1 current results

er....what happened to round 2?

Clicked on RD 3 current results can't see anything.......

alexz

500 RPM
Nov 22, 2004
Visit site
yeah i know there is a lot of issues regarding the organizer, sticking to the timetable is one of them... but i thought they have roped in some manpower from the Le Tour De Langkawi to organize things abit... or something...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A few weeks back, we were at the launch of the new Porsche 911. You can read our report here. At the time of launch, the only prices revealed were the duty free ones - RM430,000 for the Carrera and RM490,000 for the Carrera S...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience