Supercharged car - reliability issues

pwnstar

Apr 12, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Dear Sifus,

I am looking at buying a car atm. It's a Honda s2000, but installed with a plug and play Vortech supercharger.

I'm not familiar with superchargers, but have read a fair bit about it on other forums. My concern about the car at the moment is the reliability of the engine with a supercharger.

My questions are as follows:
(1) how reliable would the car be after installing a supercharger
(2) how can I check the health of the engine with the supercharger on? Would a compression test / dyno be sufficient?
(3) if I were to remove the supercharger, how much would it cost? I've been told that substantial work and parts to install an air box and intake system is required.
(4) any options to increase the reliability with the supercharger on (eg: reduce the boost etc)

If this topic has been covered, would appreciate pointing me to the right direction in this forum :)

Thanks very much for your time.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
1) I think supercharger is more reliable than a turbo coz it's driven by a belt.. Just like ur alternator, aircond,etc

2) as long as ur engine is not jerking, it's fine. But a dyno will show u an increase or decrease in power output :wink:

3) it's free if u DIY :biggrin: u r changing ur intake system, of coz need some parts to replace the supercharger intake pipe

4) If it's installed properly, u won't have a reliability issue :biggrin:

Gudluck :burnout:

Sep 3, 2012
EGY
Hi Dear,
Actually i've many questions about superchargers ,but i don't want to waste ur time.
first coud the supercharger "Eaton M45 of Mercedes C 200 /C 180 " fits other engines like the
eco-tech, VVT-I or 0ther 1.6/1.3 engines ? what kits needed for the installation , if
there any changes must be done and any danger of this operation ?

Thanks
Samsuper

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Hi Dear,
Actually i've many questions about superchargers ,but i don't want to waste ur time.
first coud the supercharger "Eaton M45 of Mercedes C 200 /C 180 " fits other engines like the
eco-tech, VVT-I or 0ther 1.6/1.3 engines ? what kits needed for the installation , if
there any changes must be done and any danger of this operation ?

Thanks
Samsuper
eaton M45 is big.. most probably didn't fit into a small car.. i think..

better get smaller supercharger like this..

custom-made bracket is a must..

danger : overboost could break con-rod, damage piston, etc..

it is advisable to get forged con-rod, piston & crankshaft :biggrin:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
S2000 supercharged is fun, get to a reputable shop/mech for inspection before you pay down payment/deposit

as long as the setup is correct, its wont be any issues for this

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys.....i need to know a few things bout changing from auto to manual.....my gearbox alre kong!!!driving 1.6 wira auto

1.price??
2.place??
3.how long to change??
4.wat procedure to do for JPJ??
5.problems faced after conversion if any......
6.additional info....

thanks in advance for those who can help me!!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience