Suggestion of getting car

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If they change most of the damaged parts, quite difficult to detect too unless major accident.....
Well major accidents is the one we need to spot. Minor ones you can close 1 eye coz would not have much impact on the integrity of the car (basically car not yet cacat). Nothing is perfect anyway for used cars, so don't expect to find one.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wouldn't that be the same vs the City? Warranty, cheap running costs, superb FC. Usually I'd recommend the City for guys, and Vios for ladies. Cause Vios no brainer. That platform has been the same since Britney Spears launched it.

EDIT: Correction, new engine coming right? Hooray!
Yeah well - City doesn't work for me compared to Vios. The City isn't cheap to run btw.. for some goddam reason it costs more than the Vios in terms of servicing.

Sifu, thank you for your detail reply. To answer your question, I'm driving a 8 years old manual myvi that has been clocked 241k mileage. To be honest, my car is somehow rattling sound in the dashboard.

For the higher maintenance costs, my wife has done the calculation. The monthly commitment is around 15% of my salary and my saving will save up for the insurance, parts, and repair cost.

For the security problem, I cannot say it's 100% safe when I park it in the shopping mall but I will not worry about it when I parked it in my condo and I've 3 parking lots.

Good point and it's always come into my mind. Is the second hand car had accident before and how bad was it. Anyone experience of buying a second hand car and how to check the car was having an accident before and it's done a re-paint job? Please guide me and enlighten me pls!
From a Myvi to a Camry.. bro. I don't doubt your driving skill but this will be a learning curve to guestimate the size of the car and park without dings. :biggrin:

Anyway, you've pretty much decided already and just fyi - maintenance costs isn't calculated like that. Take for example my fuel pump assembly, Nissans is RM1400 to buy because of the way the damn car is made. Camrys aren't the same as Vios' and they may have expensive parts and all as well. Talk to your relative and find out the costs of wear and tear parts before confirming your purchase.

To check the car - you need to get your hands dirty. Check the boot corners, lift up the carpets and look at every corner for fiber repair work, check the tyre wheel well for fishtank. If it is, avoid. Check the door sills, under the seat carpets, fenders for removal marks, rust and different colour matchings. Check for overspray paint and if you see overspray - avoid. It's hiding flaws.

Next open front hood, listen to car idling, listen to car in gear - listen for any odd sounds. Your relatives camry can be used for comparison. Then test drive if possible. Slow and pedal off when going over bumps - if it jerks when shifting down don't take the car. Fast and see how it shifts up or handles your accelerator input. Non-cvt won't be smooth but it shouldn't be too violent or make any whiny noises.

Or just pay a mechanic to help check for you.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Well major accidents is the one we need to spot. Minor ones you can close 1 eye coz would not have much impact on the integrity of the car (basically car not yet cacat). Nothing is perfect anyway for used cars, so don't expect to find one.
Yes, you're right. Major accident is the thing we need to find out. Yes, scratches are not the thing bugging me.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Oh and look for dried water spots and mud / dirt in or under the carpet. flooded cars are scary mofos to live with

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Yeah well - City doesn't work for me compared to Vios. The City isn't cheap to run btw.. for some goddam reason it costs more than the Vios in terms of servicing.

From a Myvi to a Camry.. bro. I don't doubt your driving skill but this will be a learning curve to guestimate the size of the car and park without dings. :biggrin:

Anyway, you've pretty much decided already and just fyi - maintenance costs isn't calculated like that. Take for example my fuel pump assembly, Nissans is RM1400 to buy because of the way the damn car is made. Camrys aren't the same as Vios' and they may have expensive parts and all as well. Talk to your relative and find out the costs of wear and tear parts before confirming your purchase.

To check the car - you need to get your hands dirty. Check the boot corners, lift up the carpets and look at every corner for fiber repair work, check the tyre wheel well for fishtank. If it is, avoid. Check the door sills, under the seat carpets, fenders for removal marks, rust and different colour matchings. Check for overspray paint and if you see overspray - avoid. It's hiding flaws.

Next open front hood, listen to car idling, listen to car in gear - listen for any odd sounds. Your relatives camry can be used for comparison. Then test drive if possible. Slow and pedal off when going over bumps - if it jerks when shifting down don't take the car. Fast and see how it shifts up or handles your accelerator input. Non-cvt won't be smooth but it shouldn't be too violent or make any whiny noises.

Or just pay a mechanic to help check for you.
Thank for the advise. I do drive my wife honda city and my mother CRV during weekend or enter the city area. Should be no problem on cutting corner and parking.

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
The one in bold, not really true on my Mark X even though it is lighter weight than IS250. Remember the 4GR-FSE engine is GDi compared to normal combustion of the Camry, so the fuel efficiency is pretty good provided the engine is still in pretty healthy condition.
:biggrin: my past experience only d.. thats why put there IS 250 since mark x only ride before in Jakarta where how to measure the FC also dont know d..

Yes, my heart telling me Camry 2.5V should be the best 1 for now. I prefer more on sedan where the handling is way better than SUV.
Think that you already choose what you want..

You mean under power? Actually not, but if like more power got 2.4 models....:driver:
not under power my friend, boring.. no G force at all even estima 3.0 got a bit of feeling only dont say NA SUV like CRV 2.5, x-trial 2.5...:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
:biggrin: my past experience only d.. thats why put there IS 250 since mark x only ride before in Jakarta where how to measure the FC also dont know d..

...:
I admit though that there are also some in the club who complain, saying their Mark X FC is not good but I don't know how they drive or how healthy their cars are (but I suspect more to how they drive and/or going thru too much traffic jams all the time).

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not under power my friend, boring.. no G force at all even estima 3.0 got a bit of feeling only dont say NA SUV like CRV 2.5, x-trial 2.5...:biggrin:
I met one of my mechanic client, then we went out for lunch in his harrier. We had a good discussion on cars as when he was younger he mod a lot of cars and likes to race. One of his quote I will always remember. When younger want to car lowered, the lower the better. As age catch up now drive SUV, the higher the better......hhahhahahhaha:rofl:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I met one of my mechanic client, then we went out for lunch in his harrier. We had a good discussion on cars as when he was younger he mod a lot of cars and likes to race. One of his quote I will always remember. When younger want to car lowered, the lower the better. As age catch up now drive SUV, the higher the better......hhahhahahhaha:rofl:
I'm getting old already but still I drive lower cars and I still don't like SUV or any tall car!
SUV = Super Unstable Vehicle or Super Ugly Vehicle. :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I'm getting old already but still I drive lower cars and I still don't like SUV or any tall car!
SUV = Super Unstable Vehicle or Super Ugly Vehicle. :biggrin:
Go drive the CX3. Neither ugly or unstable. Con9lan7firm more stable than Myvi.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Go drive the CX3. Neither ugly or unstable. Con9lan7firm more stable than Myvi.
Hahaha, I was joking la bro. I know many SUVs now already stable enough and some do look decent enough, but I just don't like tall car. If I were to buy an SUV, it will be probably not for me to drive and surely will be as cheap as possible.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha, I was joking la bro. I know many SUVs now already stable enough and some do look decent enough, but I just don't like tall car. If I were to buy an SUV, it will be probably not for me to drive and surely will be as cheap as possible.
I have both. My VR that is actually not that low but have stiff suspension. That wifey have the SUV, so when need to drive high up comfort car still car......hhahhahhahah
After driving the Chery for a number of years, then now with AWD forester, the ride is totally different. Such much more comfort and the stability not as good as lowered car, but hell of a stable......lol:driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
very true, hope my next ride will be a SUV.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear zthorianss..

i hav a prob with my car..FYI, my car is b20 with type R ecu+vafc at 45% correction..my problem is..my O2 sensor (or exhaust sensor) maybe malfunctioned. My car gives engine sensor problem signal when i maintain certain speed.lets say i maintain 70km/hr at same gear..the signal will flash and my car will loss some power+jerking

i made a check with various w'shop..all request that the sensor must be replaced. i also sent my car to honda service centre and the mechanic...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience