subaru ver 9 vs mitsubishi evo 9...which car is much better??please help me...

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
Evolution is more straight forward compare to Impreza. JDM STi version 9 alone (which is actually refer as JDM MY06 & MY07) has atleast 8 different specs, example WRX STi, STi Prodrive, STi V-Limited, WRX STi Spec C, WRX STi Spec C type RA, WRX STi S204, WRX STi A- Line, and ultimately WRX STi Spec C type RA-R...all these are JDM and every each of them have some differences. Also, USDM STi which came with 2.5L engine and different specs. You may look into these different options in future.

There are also very nice Recaro CF seat for S203, and S204 which cost about RM 20,000 per seat. while RA-R came with a Recaro RSG optional full bucket.

In terms of handling..learning to track and power slide the 4wd is fun and challenging.
STi Disadv: Mech and Tuner

Iszo: S203 is the one similar with version 8 front (MY03-MY05), whereby S204 has the similar front as version 9.

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
ya i ride motorcycle only for going work. easier =D . i currently drive e7.now collect fund upgrade engine. =) for both car also have advantages and disadvantage

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Evolution is more straight forward compare to Impreza. JDM STi version 9 alone (which is actually refer as JDM MY06 & MY07) has atleast 8 different specs, example WRX STi, STi Prodrive, STi V-Limited, WRX STi Spec C, WRX STi Spec C type RA, WRX STi S204, WRX STi A- Line, and ultimately WRX STi Spec C type RA-R...all these are JDM and every each of them have some differences. Also, USDM STi which came with 2.5L engine and different specs. You may look into these different options in future.

There are also very nice Recaro CF seat for S203, and S204 which cost about RM 20,000 per seat. while RA-R came with a Recaro RSG optional full bucket.

In terms of handling..learning to track and power slide the 4wd is fun and challenging.
STi Disadv: Mech and Tuner

Iszo: S203 is the one similar with version 8 front (MY03-MY05), whereby S204 has the similar front as version 9.
Yeah, that's another thing I don't really like about the WRX, just too many versions, as if they keep upgrading it bit by bit once they found out they lost to the Evos of the same release until finally they can match/beat the fastest Evo version. Need the more higher spec/hardcore WRX in order to match the Evos with much less versions. Nonetheless the WRX is still a great car and very close second in terms of performance value for the money in the auto world. Can't wait to see the next gen to be released, might change my opinion for the first time since the 22B STI.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
ya i ride motorcycle only for going work. easier =D . i currently drive e7.now collect fund upgrade engine. =) for both car also have advantages and disadvantage
I see. Usually people say Evo 7 is the weakest evo but still, an evo is still powerful in it's own way. Anyway, how did you feel about your evo?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I see. Usually people say Evo 7 is the weakest evo but still, an evo is still powerful in it's own way. Anyway, how did you feel about your evo?
Well at least not anymore after the Evo X came IMHO! :) Before that, the weakest Evo are the VII GT-A and the IX wagon A/T. Initially when the VII released, people a bit skeptical especially after the awesome TME since the VII looks much softer and also heavier, but actually it holds its own fine among the others.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well at least not anymore after the Evo X came IMHO! :) Before that, the weakest Evo are the VII GT-A and the IX wagon A/T. Initially when the VII released, people a bit skeptical especially after the awesome TME since the VII looks much softer and also heavier, but actually it holds its own fine among the others.
TME is always the legendary evo. Incredible performance and famous. Probably a good match for Evo 9 MR.

Technically SST is way faster.
Technically it is, but that is not really the case in real life. Have a look at this
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X - The Battle - Best MOTORing (Japanese) - YouTube

ColdPlay

Known Member
Jun 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Both are awesome car which offer driving satisfaction that far exceeds the worry on maintenance.
Evo has more aftermarket parts to play with but the scooby hold itself better in handling department.
When both are almost a tie, the simple advantage could be a deciding factor, depending on individual preference. And I am on the Scooby simply because I like the boxer's growl.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
More head-to-head comparisons

[youtube]8oSz38uanlY[/youtube]

[youtube]D7DnQUzjb50[/youtube]

[youtube]RJJHeQhip0s[/youtube]

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Haiya...

I give you the best Evo/Scooby, you'd still lose to a Wiralution if the Wiralution driver is experienced and skilled.

Who cares what you buy? If you don't utilize it, it'll be nothing more than a sedan with potential.

So just buy whatever you want la. This 'my balls is bigger than your balls' debate will never end. Both cars are nice, both cars have their flaws, both cars suck balls to the Audi RS4.

Period.

:thefinger:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Never ending rivals. I prefer Subaru somehow more than an Evo. Not because is better but I just somehow prefer it over Evo.
The only Evo I like is the Lan Evo. :biggrin:

Audi RS6 :love:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

greetings!
was wondering any good recommendation on exhaust shop and muffler or exhaust system? 5zigen cannon ball, does it fit N/A auto transsy 4AFE?

cheers :tongue:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience