Stripped Interior - Illegal or Legal??

wirahybrid

Known Member
Oct 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
wirahybrid.blogspot.com
As the headline suggests, I would like to know if stripping out the interior is legal or otherwise. The reason is I wish to use my car for track days and be able to use it on the road for sunday drives and TT sessions with friends. Removing the interior before track days and placing it back after is quite troublesome.

Only parts that'll be left over is the dash, drivers seat + safety belt. The car is currently daily driven without AC, power steering, very stiff suspension and radio together with a really tight bucket seat, so comfort and cabin noise reduction is out the question. :tongue: I will be getting rid of the interior completely as there isn't much space at home.

It would be a great help if anyone could advise me on this. :adore:

PS. I've already searched this forum and others regarding this matter but none has been discussed. I do apologize if I've missed out any threads discussing this topic. Google has been used extensively as well but still no solid answer. And lets have a civilized discussion. Hence, no flaming please. :driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If you're going to give JPJ a reason to tahan you, stripping it down that much is the right way to go! Removing the seats alone will give them plenty to shout at you about. Dunno whats the reasoning though.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
ive got 2 friends with stripped interiors... never had a problem at police roadblocks....at most, they just look inside and make some comment..

but with JPJ its illegal...from what ive heard at least... and my 2 friends have never had any problems with JPJ roadblocks coz they run like hell when theres a JPJ block...hahahahahha

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if u see jpj they will ask the seat...they will says like this 'in your kad this car for 5 passenger right?...so where the seat'...but if me,i don't want think to much about that prob..coz i only need 10min to there...:rofl:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I have driven my Putra with only the driver seat, steering wheel and gear knob. Rest of the interior including the main carpet and dashboard were left at home.

Got stopped at the roadblocked, police came and the conversation went something like this:

Police: hmmm..... pergi mana?
Me: Balik rumah.
Police: Dari mana?
Me: Dari opis.
Police: *looks at my roadtax*, okok, jalan jalan.

So I think this is very vague and there is no defined line of stripping interior as legal or not legal. But in the even if you do get into an accident..... well, just say it will be really painful cause everything is metal inside.

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
A fren got stopped n questioned once... His excuse is he send his seats n door panel for re-wrap... Then lepas...

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
depends on your luck and reason/excuse...if meet with officer that banyak tanya...then banyak jawap...

my experience...happened twice...but both of them during moving process...and at that time my car full of stuff...so i explain nicely to them why i remove the seat...if remove and left it bare on purpose it will be another story i guess...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I don't think it is illegal. You can download that buku panduan from jpj's website. the only thing is that stripping will give them one point to kacau you. But if you know your points and law, then just fk them and go. They can kacau but they can't summon you by the law. Best thing, print a copy of the panduan jpj and keep in your car. When they try to look for fk, just flip through the pages and say "Saman lah. Jumpa di mahkamah je".

Because that is the only way they are worthy to be treated.

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think it is illegal. You can download that buku panduan from jpj's website. the only thing is that stripping will give them one point to kacau you. But if you know your points and law, then just fk them and go. They can kacau but they can't summon you by the law. Best thing, print a copy of the panduan jpj and keep in your car. When they try to look for fk, just flip through the pages and say "Saman lah. Jumpa di mahkamah je".

Because that is the only way they are worthy to be treated.
that is:top:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Well said Veloc!

But aiya.. kena stop also malas mah. Might as well give them no reason to stop you

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Well said Veloc!

But aiya.. kena stop also malas mah. Might as well give them no reason to stop you
True also... that is the best choice lah! I was just carried away. Very angry when talk about this because I kena before few times they just want to cari makan. Really waste time and money. To me they are pigs. Not even dogs because at least dogs are faithful. that's why when talk about this matter, I get heated up.

BringTheRain

Apr 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Whenever legal issues with cars arise, i go here

I dont think its illegal, it doesn't endanger other road users and nothing in the road traffic act.
But unless you wanna take out the rulebook and throw it at their face, and pray one of them can read, you will kena either way, because all they want is moolah.

C'est la Malaysia.

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
To put it this way, Im a used car dealer myself. So we sent cars for inspection almost daily. I can tell you that if u send a car without rear seats for inspection, the result would be "GAGAL". Or they will ask you to install the seat 1st before you come for inspection. How I know? We send a Putra for inspection last year without rear seats and they 'Gagal' the cars inpection.

I guess this answers all of your questions.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Alllllllllllllllllllll, :listen:

My sis's Potong Wila (2001 model) itu CEL illuminates and I dont know what is the source of the problems. It does not lit all the time, but it will suddenly lit while driving, or sometimes suka suka when I fire up the engine. :stupid:

Few problems encountered when the CEL comes on:

1. Car will jerk like you got a faulty spark plug. For a period of time, it jerks when the RPM is above 2k. If I maintain the RPM less than 2k, it drives like normal. And...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience