Stretched tires

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
based on own observation.... stretched tires tends to "eat" both inside out of the tire 1st b4 it will worn the middle part.. no idea why... but thats happen in my case. maybe the stretched effect the edge to sit on road rather than resting on flat tire surface.

i stretch abit to purposely force the sidewall to be harder to get more feedback... but nothing excessive. ie.. running 235,40/45 on a 9jj rim. anything smaller than that i will feel more tire hopping, too much feedback and bad vibrations...

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
About the tires makan at the sides instead on the center. Its logical. If you have a piece of wire. U bend it to a |_| shape. Then you pull at both the sides. Look How the bottom part curves upwards. Thats why your tires makan only the sides.

LyzardLaki

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
kl
Visit site
previously im running 165/55/14 on 14x8jj..
currently im runnning 175/50/15 on 15x8jj...
both hipari, n im using it for daily..
just hv to watch out for potholes & curbs

red mini 8 7 8

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
In the car
I drive the car at a daily basis doing highway speeds KL - Cyberjaya. Just to be careful of the parking curbs, as you dont have any tyre guard anymore.

For you guys who need guides or views on tyres size and rim size stretch, click this link below. Got tons of tyre stretch pictures all indexed nicely.
TyreStretch.com - Image Library

Why i stretch my tyres? to do this.

Mine is Falken Azenis ST115 165/50R15 on 15x7 rims

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday my beloved car got stolen at Pantai Hillpark. :bawling: Parked near to the guard also wont scare these muthafckrs! Detail of the car is as follows :

-Honda civic eg4 Hatchback (or dolphin as some call it)
-Red color
-cap ayam ssr type c 15" silver color
-standard bodykit. No lips or ducktail whatever. Standard exhaust also.
-front windshield got ppum sticker and sepang parking sticker PA4
-Back screen got small mambo sticker
-Left sideskirt got crack, big one in fact.
-Driver...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience