1. Bump posts missing? We are spring cleaning the Forums so these posts are being removed to optimize the database further. Don't be concerned, you can continue to do whatever you do. Will be developing the site further as well through the coming weeks so do watch out for those! You can close this notice now
    Dismiss Notice

Stories of Barang Naik !

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by LesleyAprotto, Jun 5, 2013.

1. LesleyAprotto

LesleyAprotto Banned

As expected, our daily necessities and goods are going to go up in prices....

For a start its the ciggarette...

Used to be RM10.20 per 20 sticks pack

Today its RM10.50 an increase of RM0.30 sen :smokin:

Kindly post items or goods that increase in price in future...

Many more items may follow suit...:thefinger:

And in this thread we can see what are the things that increased, which in turn eroded into our spending budget and affect our daily life.:mad:

Thanking everyone in advance....:wavey:

2. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

People say increase cigarette price is to discourage smoking. That is bullshit. Increase price is to make more profit. If really want to discourage smoking, then do it like Singapore. No smoking in bars, clubs, and only a small area for smoking in open area. Make it difficult and challenging to smoke, then that will discourage and reduce smoking.

So, yeah. Hehe. And stupid people say GST won't effect them, no double tax. If GST kick in, you go Pelita eat Nasi Kandar also pay tax.

3. twistedichc

twistedichc 5 Year | Silver

now roti canai is already RM1, got gst cost roti canai go up then increase price later pay gst summore & kedai makan 1malaysia is irrelevant too

4. YYC

YYC Senior Member

maybe i go PP or Summit eat 'kfc' no need pay GST.

5. Waiora_ProTuner

Waiora_ProTuner Senior Member

since when cigarette becomes necessity?

6. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

I don't know, I don't smoke. Ask those guys who can't stop smoking? I know people who rather spend money to smoke than to eat.

7. pangyau

pangyau Senior Member

As a family man, the formula baby milk and diapers increase a lot.
    Including the groceries such as sardins, milo, cooking oil, rice and etc.
    Kindergarten fees also went up due to this matters.

GST implementation will hit the consumer hard.
    The seller/hypermarket/businessman will use this importunity to divert this money for themselves.

How many type of tax to be implement in Malaysia. Basically they covered all.
    Now really want to squeeze till the last drop.
    Car expenses have to reduce and have to work harder.

8. fazidk

fazidk Senior Member

It's x a necessity...but it's a form of goods..that being said a big percentage r smokers (x sure d actual numbers but look around u..I wld say 8 of 10 I see do smoke)..

Wanna discourage smoking start from d root..y have ciggy factories or importers etc?same wiz alcohol..tell u y...bcoz it's a GOLD mine..n its sort of a way of life n d govt sees it...increase price = increase tax = increase revenue means more profits..

Y do u think one of d son's of a former PM holds a stake in a beer manufacturing company??n another son of another former PM holds a stake in a ciggy factory??

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Ur rite on d spot there bro...tho I'm x longer 'affected' by diapers,baby milk formula etc my groceries in a week is around 700!!...n have u tried eating in 1Malaysia eatery???!!!damn chicken like chewing rubber..n d soup like tap water I kid u x!!..

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

X bet on it bro...it's there u just x c it hehehe

9. pangyau

pangyau Senior Member

fazidk,
    Base on my opinion, 1M product doesn't help the people much.
    It seems their perspective it to reduce quality in order to fill the market.
    Their price not much different compare to normal/usual brand.
    Try to save but at the end we spend more then it should.

Insyallah, new baby coming & will add the number of the family.
    I've to slow down the whatever car related at the moment.

Some car enthusiast also reducing their budget due to this scenario.
    They taking cheaper option rather than buying good product.
    In June, car parts etc increased approximately 10-20% overall due to several reason.

10. DanzEterna

DanzEterna Moderator
    Moderator Senior Member

ive quitted the car modifying scene due to this.....might just get a std car & change sport rims, all thanks to Barang Naik. after i finish my last carton of cigarettes then will shift to those electronic cigarette (vapor) to cut costs.

11. mh wong

mh wong 5 Year | Silver

while ur smoke.....n......drink.....te money ur spend going to someone pocket,......ur assist them in their luxurioussssss life........sport car.......jet.......overseas endless honeymoon.........somemore talk KOK......n.......PUIK at ur face.........:mad:

at the end.....mayb......you got wat ur deserve to have.......sickness.......
    its not only u........family....n ....fren bside u........they suck in smoke thats actually they dun wan n needs.....

#11 mh wong, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  12. fazidk

fazidk Senior Member

Yes bro I agree..it's all to fill up someone's pocket..d 1malaysia market n eateries x do crap for d rakyat..goods r of lower quality (I tried once...n it b my last time)..n like I said I tried d food once (also my last time) n it was d worse 6 bucks I ever spent in my life...

Anyway bro congrats to d coming addition to d family..God bless u n family..

13. BuroQ

BuroQ Senior Member

Talk about a sudden increase in cigarettes. Luckily I was able to grab those duty free cigarettes before the price hike hehe. Interestingly though, a pack of pall mall costs more than a pack of dunhill. Used to be the other way round. Oh well, now already married (still kira pengantin baru), have to reduce smoking and hopefully stop it.

In other non - related news, mmg 'barang' sentiasa naik for this week :rofl:

14. cvkit17

cvkit17 Senior Member

damn...even dog food price will go up. Live in jungle hunt dinosaur for a living better. Then maybe get BR1M once in a while to go out buy ciggy / liquor. See? So good..free $$ wahahahah damn hunt dinosaur dont have to pay tax

15. crazykatak

crazykatak Senior Member

darn. i read wrongly.
    "Stories of Barang BAIK" instead of Barang Naik.. hahaha!

16. twistedichc

twistedichc 5 Year | Silver

when u'r addicted to nicotine than it becomes neccesity & yes people who'd smoke rather than eat is real & i was 1 of them :banghead:

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

vapor eehhh, think the price will be same as cigg smoked per day sooner @ later that's y i opt cigg from the other melayu region, it's stronger so u'll smoke a bit slow & now i'll just smoke half & cut wit the folding scissor & continue later + i only spend RM5.5 per day & sumtimes 4 2 days

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

when poeple start to hunt dinosaur, definitely then must have tax 1:thefinger:

---------- Post added at 01:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

muaahahaharunsalimbachik good 1 2x, if thats the case aarrr this thread will reach pg100 edi

17. vr2turbo

vr2turbo 5 Year | Silver
    Helmet Clan Moderator

In Bolihland, nowadays the last thing you will see is Barang Baik......:mad:

18. FVel

FVel Senior Member

And how exactly is this a problem ? LOL

19. fazidk

fazidk Senior Member

Barang TAIK harga BAIK NAIK...

20. LesleyAprotto

LesleyAprotto Banned

Its not a necessity to some but its a necessity to few million others....:bawling:

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Or...

Follow me, probably sell my Merz and chug slowly on the vroomy junky Beetle.....

hahaha....:love::adore::driver:

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Yes!

Just based on 2 million packets of cigarettes sold a day nationwide...

RM0.30 sen increase is about RM600,000 extra income a day for that someone!

Thats RM18, 000, 000 a month boy....

Isnt it cool ?

It attacked on the volume!

So 30 sen is not seen as a big deal....

Whats in store next?

Rice? Flour? Diesel? Petrol? Electricity? Water? :mad::mad::thefinger::thefinger:

Only left to be seen.....

But we have this thread to monitor.....

hahaha.....(thats about all we can do anyway...)

---------- Post added at 03:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Keep your "barang" sentiasa naik and join the Daddys Club soon?:love: