STI keeps busy with WRX STI tS

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It would appear that the Christmas holidays don’t do much to slow things down at Subaru’s performance division, STI. On the very same day that they unveiled the WRX STI Spec C, they also lifted the lid on the WRX STI tS that stands for ‘tuned by STI.’

While the Spec C is based on the hatch version, the tS is built on the four-door GVB/GVF chassis. While it does employ weight saving with a carbon roof and aluminium roof, the tS loses the airplane-grade rear wing which is replaced by a subtle boor lip spoiler instead. Subaru never intended for the tS to be an all out road-going race car but for it to be more of a grown-up version of STI’s offering.

Nonetheless, the tS did go through the full STI training regime with specially tuned suspension beefed up with STI dampers, stiffer springs and strut bars fitted all around. The specially tuned suspension will be tasked with keeping the new 18-inch STI alloy wheels in contact with the ground as much as possible.

Stepping into the working area of the tS and you’ll be greeted by red-stitched Recaros wit the usual array of STI and tS emblems all around. The tS version also receives a bright red key fob to set it apart from the base STI.

Only 400 of the tS cars will be built and sold between January 25 and March 14. Buyers can opt for either a 6-speed manual attached to the 2-liter force-fed boxer or a 5-speed slushbox that is mated to the 2.5-liter turboed boxer engine.

Sounds about perfect for crusing down the road on New Years’s eve then right? Well only if you live in Japan. That’s right folks, the tS is another Japan-only version that we will only get to lust upon in the deepest of our sleeps.

Source: 7Tune

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
rear fender is not appealing...

xerofighter

Not so senior member
Mar 2, 2004
Subang
but the rear is so VIOS...damn...
Im with you on this dude. i can foresee lots of vios owners going for the bodykit...

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

can help but think that the FT86 may not be the first toyo-baru collaboration! i mean, just look at it!

HaZaRd

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
the tail design doesnt impress me... its decent like an ordinary car... juz my 2 cent

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Probably too subtle.. persona elegance front grille and vios tail light.. but still nicer than the hatch.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lets take for example a Wira 1.5Gli it comes stock with disc in the front plus 2pot calipers (i think) and drum brakes at the rear.

So if was wondering if wanna get better performance ..

1) Transplant ABS from a compatible Lancer set.

2) Upgrade the rear to disc also, upgrade the front to bigger ventilated disc, and upgrade calipers from 2pot to 4pot (for example).

I think (1) would be the obvious solution if doing an engine transplant as everything would be compatibe but if it wasn't a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience