Steering pulls to right and left

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If it does not happen before then its not tramlining.

My waja on 205/55/16 experience these before and its due to worn out steering bush rack.

My Pajero LO on 265/70/16 with 8jj rim also exp this and its due to the wide tire. Its not that bad as the steering got tons of free play. Now back on stock alloy and using 255/70/15 so far dont feel anything.FC is super duper good though.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
If it does not happen before then its not tramlining.

My waja on 205/55/16 experience these before and its due to worn out steering bush rack.

My Pajero LO on 265/70/16 with 8jj rim also exp this and its due to the wide tire. Its not that bad as the steering got tons of free play. Now back on stock alloy and using 255/70/15 so far dont feel anything.FC is super duper good though.
Maybe due to wide tyre I think, because Mark X car same age as my car not having problem with steering bush rack yet. My car milage not even 100k yet some more. Maybe good idea to do balancing and alignment first? RM60 at most i think?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Maybe due to wide tyre I think, because Mark X car same age as my car not having problem with steering bush rack yet. My car milage not even 100k yet some more. Maybe good idea to do balancing and alignment first? RM60 at most i think?
checking the steering rack bush is easier if u can see it from the top plus no need to spend RM60 which can fuel me to work for around 5 weeks.

Start the engine and have someone to turn the steering left and right...no need to turn much 90 degree left and right will do. U peek under the bonet and see if there is excessive movement of the steering rack.

Allignment cost will depend on what/how many parameter needs to be adjusted. Without getting on the allignment computer, u will never know.

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
checking the steering rack bush is easier if u can see it from the top plus no need to spend RM60 which can fuel me to work for around 5 weeks.

Start the engine and have someone to turn the steering left and right...no need to turn much 90 degree left and right will do. U peek under the bonet and see if there is excessive movement of the steering rack.

Allignment cost will depend on what/how many parameter needs to be adjusted. Without getting on the allignment computer, u will never know.
Ok, can try... this is the bush right? Meaning if the bush is spoiled/cracked, the whole steering rack will move slightly right?

Attachments

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I can assure you it's NOT because tires too wide! I'm using 245 all around and I don't have such problem, and my X is also much older than yours! Just do general check on your front suspension.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I can assure you it's NOT because tires too wide! I'm using 245 all around and I don't have such problem, and my X is also much older than yours! Just do general check on your front suspension.
On original rims with the correct offsets? If not that, then look at the bushes on your arms

jebatdex

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Skudai, Johor
yeah, i think not really bcoz of the wide tyre. Maybe wide tyre worsen the problem, that due to another spoiled part.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
On original rims with the correct offsets? If not that, then look at the bushes on your arms
Mine is on 18x8 et45 at the front and 18x9 et40 at the rear, using 245/40/18 all around. Stock for Sports Package GRX120 is 18x8 et50 using 225/45/18 while for GRX130 is using 235/45/18.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone,

May I know what technique is this called? The guys Pimp My Ride often mix flakes with clear lacquer before spraying it over the existing finish. Do most spray shops in KL/PJ do it? How do I ask for it if I want to have it done on my car and can it be sprayed over the existing paint?

Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience