Steering Change

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Not much of a DIY tutorial. I just mod a 4 spoke mitsu steering wheel that has a bigger brass horn contact by adding old brass contact from my 3 spoke lancer steering which got cracks and sunburn. Used some copper conductive tape to stick them together. I do guitar repairs and the copper tape are use for ground shielding of the guitar wiring cavity. Hence I have bits and pieces in my workshop.

Here's the photo.

The one sticking out is the old brass horn contact.

The brass pin now in contact with the old brass ring which is smaller in diameter. :biggrin:

Tested the connection by touching the yellow wire to the steering shaft and it works!

Loving the new steering wheel.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Nice period correct steering wheel.

A nardi wheels would even make your car looks like a million bucks.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Nice period correct steering wheel.

A nardi wheels would even make your car looks like a million bucks.
which model is the wheel? i don't really know. i just thought it looks nice so i bought it for RM100. haha. nardi too expensive. wanted the momo 4 spoke subaru style but don't have the budget.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
which model is the wheel? i don't really know. i just thought it looks nice so i bought it for RM100. haha. nardi too expensive. wanted the momo 4 spoke subaru style but don't have the budget.
Keep budget for engine mod.....hhahhahahha:rofl:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Nardi classic (3 spokes, either silver or black) would be nice, for me. With some dish, even better.
But ultimately, up to the car owner to decide.

Since we will be seeing and holding the wheel everytime we are driving, so I think it is justifiable spending abit more getting a premium steering wheel. hehehehe

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Nardi classic (3 spokes, either silver or black) would be nice, for me. With some dish, even better.

Since we will be seeing and holding the wheel everytime we are driving, so I think it is justifiable spending abit more getting a premium steering wheel. hehehehe
I always like 4 spokes better than 3. don't know why. hehe. but i'm quite satisfied with the current steering wheel. feels more firm than the previous lancer 3 spoke. :driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I always like 4 spokes better than 3. don't know why. hehe. but i'm quite satisfied with the current steering wheel. feels more firm than the previous lancer 3 spoke. :driver:
Bro. ken already mention depends on owner mah! he likes 3 and you like 4 spokes.........hhahahhahahhahah:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Well, I am holding the steering but I don't look at it woh! I look at my meters more.....hhahhahahah:biggrin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Bro. ken already mention depends on owner mah! he likes 3 and you like 4 spokes.........hhahahhahahhahah:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Well, I am holding the steering but I don't look at it woh! I look at my meters more.....hhahhahahah:biggrin:
Hahaha..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok guys.. just helping my fren here.. he lost his avanza last week in front of his house in USJ.. its a brand new car which he just got like 1-2 week only.. blue colour with the plate no BJF 4493.. if seen please report police.. thanks.. hope u guys can help cause he is going to get married next week.. really pity him..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience